• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW018 - Yaguruma Forest! Kurumiru and Arti!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the preview, Arti seems to have a lot of personality. He almost reminds me of Gardenia in a sense. I thought Aloe was pretty bland, so hopefully he'll make up for her, haha.

wall of text

Too long, didn't read. Here I'll quote myself.

Basically, what I'm saying isn't that those arguments are wrong per se, because Ash catching Kurumiru could still happen, but simply that none of your arguments automatically mean that Ash is catching Kurumiru or that the Kurumiru has no chances of ever being Arti's as in the history of the anime, they have been broken.

Thing is, if we look back at the history of the anime, we have episodes that support and contradict your arguments, that we have things in the preview that both support and contradict your arguments, and that therefore, a capture will not necessarily happen the way you say it will. The anime has gone both ways in situations like this and anything can happen.

Your word isn't law.

i dont know why everyone thinks that ash will stay on 6 pokemon this season.

I think they will give him more pokemon so he havent to call up Pokemon from OAK. and that he can make more variations and TACTICS!!

Im truly dissapointed of Ashs party, I expected Washibon, some psychic type, Sadile and other pokemon. Not the same water/grass/fire concept!

But we have to deal with what we have!

T
Thing is, if we look back at the history of the anime, we have episodes that support and contradict your arguments, that we have things in the preview that both support and contradict your arguments, and that therefore, a capture will not necessarily happen the way you say it will. The anime has gone both ways in situations like this and anything can happen.
Actually no. Wrong. And this has nothing to do with my word or my opinion this is true anime fact.

Nothing contradicts my arguments, because if you bothered to actually read my "walls of text" you'd find there is not ONE damn example where Ash wanted to catch a Pokemon (actively), save its life, and it goes to someone else. Not a single one. Go ahead I'll wait for you to disagree but you won't be able to find one.

Your word isn't law.
The anime episodes are fact (law), this has nothing to do with MY WORD, but everything to do with what's happened in the anime in the past. Again, if you want to ignore what the anime has done in the past to suit your needs, fine but the simple fact is there is precedence for Ash catching Sewaddle. However there is no precedence for Arti catching it, and there won't be a precedence until in fact this episode airs and Ash indeed doesn't get it but Arti does.

My arguments regardless of what you may think is not some self centered egotistic "I am right, you are wrong" ideology, which is offensive by the way that you seem to imply it is. My arguments stem from the fact the anime has done it all before, and the situation where Arti catches it despite what's going on in the preview HAS NOT been done before.

I don't know why people are so intent on ignoring this "happened before" formula, just because Ash catching the damn worm means all of a sudden its never going to be seen again. But here's an abridged version of my "Walls of Text" which you cannot dispute until this episode airs and Arti gets the worm (as in actually catch it).

Trainer actively wants to catch a wild standalone (this means that it's free to go with a trainer without abandoning its family) Pokemon + Trainer saves its life = Trainer catching the Pokemon.

The only scenario that works in the case where Ash doesn't get the Sewaddle, is if no one gets it because Sewaddle has a family and can't abandon them. There is just no circumstance or reason why Arti would get the Pokemon. I just don't see it. The past episodes of the anime don't see it. So I don't see why anyone else should see it.

Now maybe I'm wrong, and Sewaddle already belongs to Arti thus it isn't a wild Pokemon (making all our arguments moot). I'm not sure I see the point of the emphasis of Ash trying to catch the Sewaddle if it already belongs to someone. The thing is Ash luckily, has only ever wanted to capture wild Pokemon. So if Ash wants to catch Sewaddle, the chances are its wild. It might be because Ash only actively catches Pokemon where given the situation and circumstances it can only be wild. Add to that I also don't see the emphasis of Ash trying to save it, the writers wrote the damn thing, surely they wouldn't have emphasised Ash saving it nor put in the emphasis of Ash catching it if it didn't have some importance.

But since I don't want people ignoring my post yet again, I'm stopping this, before you comment or reply, just think "Only 6 days" no need to argue, because in 6 days we'll find out what happens. So really no point in arguing. Especially if you're going to ignore my well thought out arguments, like my Walls of Text. Fine, if there's someone not showing "respect" it's those people, at least I read all of someone's post, and actually reply to them. Unlike people who couldn't give a damn about my "walls of text". So again don't respond to this.
----------------------------------

Anyway, I wonder if Arti will show any Pokemon?

I feel like he has to, otherwise there's really no point in him being in the episode. And it's mostly because he's a gym leader. If this was N, or some random COTD sure they don't have to, but would anyone really want to a gym leader to show up without a Pokemon. I can't think of any gym leader that showed up without a Pokemon (their debut) episode. I could be wrong since I'm not sure a gym leader barely showed up in an episode as their debut.

The only gym leader I can think of is Misty, but I'm not sure how much she counts, since I'm not sure if she was officially a gym leader at that particular point. Plus its not like Misty in her debut episode gave any reason to use Pokemon. She did use a Pokemon in the next episode though but she really only had a Cameo in that one episode.

Hey, now that I'm reminded of that, the situation is very similar to Best Wishes. The only difference though is Misty actually interacted with Ash, while it took Iris the next episode. The other difference is Iris actually had a Pokemon on her and showed it in her debut episode. Again Misty didn't until the next episode.

But anyway yeah, I wonder if Pokemon Smash will show Arti's Leavanny, how long until Pokemon Smash?

i now wish that Doryuuzu will end up SMASHING ALL OF THE POOR sewaddles so that NOTHING happens to them, and also to stop those FRIGGIN Bashing Great Walls Of China that you call posts you two!

everyone has their oppinion deal with it!

i dont know why everyone thinks that ash will stay on 6 pokemon this season.

I think they will give him more pokemon so he havent to call up Pokemon from OAK. and that he can make more variations and TACTICS!!

Im truly dissapointed of Ashs party, I expected Washibon, some psychic type, Sadile and other pokemon. Not the same water/grass/fire concept!

But we have to deal with what we have!

But this is an anime staple that's been around since the Original Series

If it hasn't changed already, it won't change anytime soon..

This season has proved that many things are changing, TR not there, gyms passing very fast ect!

I know that is an anime staple, but it doesnt show him improve as a trainer, like having Gible and practicing meteor something!

Its stupid making so much psychic type pokemon and not give anyone to Ash! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But here's an abridged version of my "Walls of Text"

The abriged version of you wall of text is... a wall of text... right still too long, still won't read.

until this episode airs

This is what I'm saying. Right now, Kurumiru could go to Arti, it could go to Ash, it could stay wild. We won't know until the episode airs. No matter how much you've convinced yourself that your right and that no other opinion than your own is worth expressing, it's still up in the air and we won't know until the episode airs. That's been my argument all along.

i now wish that Doryuuzu will end up SMASHING ALL OF THE POOR sewaddles so that NOTHING happens to them

I'd like that too, especially if it means Ash isn't catching one :p

What was shown on Pokemon Smash!...
- Sewaddle uses String Shot to launch itself from a tree and kicks Pikachu.
- Pikachu aims a Thunderbolt at Sewaddle. However, Sewaddle dodges the attack in time and Ash is shocked instead.
- Arty appears.
- Sewaddle jumps from Ash to Arty's shoulder, chewing on some leaves hanging from a plant nearby.
- Two wild Woobat (Koromori) use Air Slash on Ash, Pikachu, and Sewaddle.
- Ash protects Sewaddle from the attacks.
- Sewaddle is drowning in the flowing river.

Last edited:
- Two wild Woobat (Koromori) use Air Slash on Ash, Pikachu, and Sewaddle.
Really awesome to see the species getting a bit of screentime, even if it probably isn't going to be much. Usually you never see the pokemon, wild or otherwise, after the rockets catch them (8 years. 2 Seviper!), but I guess they figured since Jessie isn't using hers...

The scene that makes everyone say that it's Arty's because it jumped on his shoulder

and it totally ignored him (like I said it was) just to eat some leaves

It could be wild at that moment. Or he just use her partner for lunch... :p

Ash will not capturing the bug just to see it go to Oak's lab. That makes ZERO sense.

- Ash protects Sewaddle from the attacks.

Ash sure as fuck is going out of his way for a Pokemon that won't end up with him.

When was the last time Ash himself took a Pokemon's attacks for a Pokemon that wasn't going to belong to him or didn't already belong to him?

At this point, whether you like it or not, you can't deny that Ash not getting Sewaddle is bad, very bad, extremely bad, horrifyingly bad writing.

Ash may save a Pokemon that doesn't belong to him, but to go the these such extremes where he himself are taking the hits, you'd have to agree even if it is reluctantly that Ash getting Sewaddle is the only good outcome of these events that are happening.

Anything contrary is simply BAD writing. You may not like it but I cannot see why anyone would think under these circumstances Sewaddle going to Arti is good writing.

Honestly at this point, either you really love bad writing, or you're just a hard ass biased person who just won't give in.

Hell if it was Arti, in all these scenes instead, even I wouldn't be able to argue Ash would still get it even with the toy merchandise spoiler. Even I would have to agree that in that particular case Arti would deserve Sewaddle.

But that isn't the case here, is it? No it's Ash doing everything he possibly can for this Pokemon. He really deeply cares about this caterpillar, this type of caring Ash only gives to his own Pokemon, or in the case of Sewaddle, a Pokemon that's basically already is, just waiting to be captured.

Ash will not capturing the bug just to see it go to Oak's lab. That makes ZERO sense.

Yeah like it made zero sense for Pikachu to refuse to evolve twice.

Yeah like it made zero sense for Pikachu to refuse to evolve twice.

That is not similar to shafting a character (a pokemon), to go to immediately to Oak's with little to no screentime.

The show does not work that way anymore.

I dunno why but suddenly I wish all Kurumiru would go extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom