• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW020 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!! Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW020 (?!) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko, Zuruggu... genga/douga tell the tale!

Ash got Krabby when his team was full and he already had Squirtle.

To think that in thirteen years of the anime that was, so far, the only time Ash has exceeded his limit of six Pokemon.

I think the writers know better nowdays than to repeat Krabby
Ash won't have a Poké stuck at Oak's lab for years, then use it rarely much later for very few battles and return it to Oak
That's not how stuff work now... Ash isn't catching everything he see, he's building a team and sticking to it... he actaully befriend them... nothing like Kanto
Yes, there are some Kanto similarities in BW, but I doubt the level of writing would revert back to the horrible writing of Kanto

Snif... I wanted Kojiro to get Meguroko, then Zuruggu... What's next, Dento catches the mole Pokémon? ;_;

I'm happy, Ash is going to catch Meguroko :)

Wow, this is an amazing find. Mucho kudos, Sunyshore!

I've said this before, but man, every time I look over mass amounts of production art like this, the amount of effort these guys put into the animation really does hit you like a ton of bricks. I don't think I'd be able to survive in the industry without cracking up.

- If Meguroco is Ash's and not just tagging along Jigglypuff-style, that'd be his first dark type. I know a lot of people will like that idea, but for me? Whoop-dee-diddly-doo. Not really caring personally. I'm more interested in the prospect of an eventual Gangster Glasses Gavial.

- Ditto goes to Zuruggu, who is also a dark type. In any case, it's awesome he seems to have joined the team. I had a feeling he might, as he's quite similar to Croagunk. Quirky, ensemble darkhorse, ugly-cute critter with an overbite.

- Nice to see Yanap out and about, taking part in the group madness. I suppose it's not a good idea to go by a single episode, but it's already raising my hopes that it'll be treated a little better than Brock's 'mons. Fingers crossed!

- Mijumaru is also out and about again, it seems. Well golly, I wonder why? :p

YES! Fucking love Zuruggu!

Too bad it's going to a character who probably won't use it as much though.

Ash getting coolcroc? I can deal with that, even if its a chicken shit. Love Mijimaru, and I love how its hogging up as much time as Pikachu but actually being useful!

To think that in thirteen years of the anime that was, so far, the only time Ash has exceeded his limit of six Pokemon.

Don't forget about Muk and the 30 Tauros. They were Oak'd straight off the bat too.

Edit: Forgot to say how awesome these sketches are

Don't forget about Muk and the 30 Tauros. They were Oak'd straight off the bat too.

Tauros don't count since they were caught in the Safari Zone and Muk was captured after primeape left.

So somewhere in the next 3 months or so, Ash might capture a Meguroko, Iris might capture a Zuruggu. Just the fact that the writer's gave him a full team this early makes me think that he might catch more pokemon after he gets six. If it does happen hopefully they get some screentime before the league

Edit: Forgot to say how awesome these sketches are

Muk was caught when Ash only had 5 Pokemon on him, it was Oak'd because of the bad smell IIRC.

As for Tauros... yeah, I forgot those.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

From the looks of it, Ash catches a Meguroko, and it's a coward...kinda like Mijumaru (Futachimaru, Yanap...)

Wow, these are cool finds!

Ash possibly getting the Croc, man he's got a full team already? And possibly Koaruhi? BW is different, I'll give it that.

And Dento with Zuruguu is cool, I love that guy.

Whether or not these pics are legitimate:

other_art_bw_koaruhi09.jpg

That is probably one of the coolest sketches I've seen. It made the duck that was seemingly simple based on its BW sprite and made it animated and cute. I hope Ash catches it if this is how the writers will portray it.

Zuruggu was an unexpected move, imo. I could never see him being in the main lineup before, lol.

Dento? It seems to be Iris' Pokémon...

Is it? I can't really tell either way though, it's just in the one sketch.

Yeah, Zuruggu is pretty close to Iris, and looks to be concerned that Iris has got a jet of water to the face. I'd say it's hers, if it was Dent's, the lil trousersnake would be more concerned with him.

Well this was unexpected. TWO dark pokemon on the team.

Well this was unexpected. TWO dark pokemon on the team.
To be fair, looking at Zuruggu's BW animation, I can see it being an easy tool for comic relief scenes. Imagine it, standing all triumphant at the top of a rock or something, and it's 'trousers' fall down =3. Meguroko just screams Ash anyway.

for sure not the Gaterrain from the third ep.

Yeah, it isn't wearing the awesome glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom