• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW020 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!! Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW020 (?!) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko, Zuruggu... genga/douga tell the tale!

To be fair, looking at Zuruggu's BW animation, I can see it being an easy tool for comic relief scenes. Imagine it, standing all triumphant at the top of a rock or something, and it's 'trousers' fall down =3. Meguroko just screams Ash anyway.

Yeah, Zuruggu reminds me of Croagunk a lot. The look on it's face, it's typing (Croagunk might as well been a Dark type), and move pool are very similar.

I'm just wondering if Ash gets Meguroko, will it evolve all the way to Waruvial? Red dino would be pretty new for Ash.

Wow, this is exciting to see. Meguroko possibly on Ash's team (how many times have I said I wanted this lol) and Zuruggu with Iris. Makes sense for Iris too. It is a lizard and she's all about dragons so it's pretty close right?

Wonder if Iris will have a lizard theme or not? And I'm guessing if she does battle Ash at the gym, she's using Shaga's/gym pokemon and not her whole team. We'll see.

Really cool to see these sketches!

other_art_bw_koaruhi09.jpg

A duck wearing a hat like that

why does this remind of something?

This is a very interesting leak, I would say. I would agree with Piplup that Zuruggu would likely be Iris' if the Dragon motif is true, because in the games, Zuruggu is indeed part of the Dragon Egg Group (that means he/she can breed with dragons), and I guess he/she looks like a dragon too. At this point, I am amazed at how much "damage" Iris took. First, Pikachu shocks, then this. I guess that's more than what Misty, May and Dawn took in their runs.

Mijumaru, at this point, is bound to be the comic relief of this series, which is very good, because he definitely needs to redeem himself after the official artwork blunder (you know, where everyone had a bad impression of Mijumaru back at May?). Shell-blocking, running away and tantrum-throwing? Looks comedic to me. I would be worried if they don't let him evolve, because I would want to see some comic relief from Futachimaru and Daikenki as well.

If you would let me speculate, Meguroko looks like the "shy" or "cowardly" type, judging from the couple of shots I see, and the cygnet (baby swan) with Ash's cap would then be wild, since he/she looks wild. I actually don't see Kaoruhii going with either Ash or Iris, but Dento, because he/she looks like the elegant type that suits Dento. Also, I am surprised to see no Tsutarja. Does that mean that she didn't follow the gang?

Also...
other_art_bw_dento05a.jpg

Is the text "1 vs 1"? If yes, I guess it makes sense to me!

Thanks for reading.

Well, Mamepato and Pokabu aren't seen either.

Well, Mamepato and Pokabu aren't seen either.

I would expect Tsutarja to show up because she has some personality to actually do something during that time I guess. But, I wasn't confirming anyway. I was just wondering.

Thanks for reading.

Re: BW020 (yes really) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko.. genga/douga tell the tale! Major spoile

I would expect Tsutarja to show up because she has some personality to actually do something during that time I guess. But, I wasn't confirming anyway. I was just wondering.

Yeah but if this is real, than it would also be 13 episodes after she was captured. Besides what we see is only a few scenes so maybe Tsutarja isn't in these and appears later in the episode
Then again, the appearance of a Zuruggu AND a Meguroco also suggest that they've been through the resort desert...

Not really. Pokemon appear outside of where they do in the games all the time. We've already had a Meguroko episode not to mention both Swanna and Shikijika have been seen in the wild already. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still on their way to Aloe's gym by this episode.

Very interesting. We won't hear details on the ep if it is 020 until either the end of January or beginning of February by my reckoning, if there are no further delays. (Yes, I did factor the skip on the last week of November into that) It definitely seems as if the croc is Ash's. Pantslizard is only standing next to Iris. It could be hers, but it could also just be standing there. Iris seems to be the best guess there, though. Now, I know the gag about pokes stealing Ash's hat, but Ash has not had a redundancy in his team since Johto. The only redundancy that could be definite was Gliscor, being that it acted like a second flying poke. Gliscor had a different second type from Staraptor, though, so technicalities and all, but it was never used as a Ground pokemon. If Ash gets the cygnet, he will not only have redundancy with pidgeon, but with otter, too. I find it highly unlikely they would allow that to happen. There's also the likelihood of this being a 7th capture if croc is Ash's (and he does get snakey). I still don't see this as being an auxiliary pokemon, either. Break the "I like Ash's hat" gag? They could do it if they want to.

Its so odd to see Ash with a full team so early in the series.

Its so odd to see Ash with a full team so early in the series.

It's better this way... better give him all of them as early as possible and avoid too late captures
Better have more time to for screentime, character development, evolutions, etc...
I also believe ALL of Ash's Pokémon in BW will FULLY evolve... in DP, ignoring Gible, they all did except for one (Buizel)
The logical next step is to evolve them all... yes, it may sound crazy for some, but I think it's possible... it'd be nice seeing Ash with a whole fully evolve team (with the exception of Pika obviously)
So by getting them all early, they'd have more time to focus on each of them, give enough screen time for one form before the Poké evolves into its next form...

Ah, yeah, totally passed my mind that Zuruggu was a Dragon Egg Group Pokemon (and the only non Dragon-type in that group among Gen V Pokemon...Aaken, as someone mentioned earlier, actually isn't despite it looking like it might fit...it's actually in...Water 3...)

I can see them mostly evolve, well I can see the starters stay in their middle stages too.

I really tried to find another dragon-like Poké in this gen but other than Zurugu there's no one at all... maybe just the fossil bird which I really doubt Iris would get
So now I wonder if her third Poké will be Crimgan just cause she has it in the games... if not, it'd probably be that three headed dragon thing...
And I guess she'll only have 3 and same goes for Dento

Holy shit, nice find. I'm a sucker for cartoon/anime storyboards.

I really tried to find another dragon-like Poké in this gen but other than Zurugu there's no one at all... maybe just the fossil bird which I really doubt Iris would get
So now I wonder if her third Poké will be Crimgan just cause she has it in the games... if not, it'd probably be that three headed dragon thing...
And I guess she'll only have 3 and same goes for Dento

Dento could potentially have more (or at least one more). The ice cream pokemon, Yanappu, Yooterii and evos, and Emonga are some pokemon I can see him have.

And Iris could have more than 3 pokemon too, well at least 4. The 4 pokemon of the dragon egg group of this region that is. She has two of them already, she just needs Crimgan and Monozu (assuming she catches all dragons).

Anyway, it's nice to know that after a long time, the group finally has a dark type pokemon on their team. 2 to be exact. Meguroko is the pokemon I'm most excited for because when I first saw the Meguroko title for the 3rd episode, I was kinda bummed out that there wasn't a chance for Ash to get it. Now he does so hopefully it's Ash's and it can evolve into the cool croc known as Waruvial.

Brock only had 3 Poké in AG and DP, probably cause he was just a sidekick, which is what Iris and Dento are now... so I really only expect 3 Poké for each of them
Of course, they might get more, but I don't really expect it right now... especially when we're in ep 6 and Kibago still didn't really do anything, didn't battle at all, didn't use even one of its attacks... nothing
There's no point to give Iris and Dento lots of Pokémon if we're barly going to see them

I still think it'd be the replacement of Growlithe for Jenny similarly to how Tabunne replaced Chansey for Joy
So I doubt we'll have one in the main cast

I doubt Ash will capture the swan, no point. A bird/water type? No thanks.

For a Water-type, Ash already has Mijumaru. For a flying-type, he already has Mamepato.

Brock only had 3 Poké in AG and DP, probably cause he was just a sidekick, which is what Iris and Dento are now... so I really only expect 3 Poké for each of them
Of course, they might get more, but I don't really expect it right now... especially when we're in ep 6 and Kibago still didn't really do anything, didn't battle at all, didn't use even one of its attacks... nothing
There's no point to give Iris and Dento lots of Pokémon if we're barly going to see them
I only mentioned 4 for each trainer. I don't think 1 extra pokemon on each person's team will be a whole lot. I mean for Iris, she could get all the dragon egg pokemon which would lead up to the gym battle probably. And since Iris isn't a co-star like May or Dawn was, I personally think that means we get to see more of Dento. Also, I was thinking that if one trainer gets 3 pokemon, the other would have 4 so if Iris gets 4, then I'd be fine with Dento having 3.

I still think it'd be the replacement of Growlithe for Jenny similarly to how Tabunne replaced Chansey for Joy
So I doubt we'll have one in the main cast
I have other choices for James but I could see that. Again, it was just an idea of what could be a pokemon for Dento besides Yanappu. I only said it because he uses one in the games. If Yooterri isn't a suitable choice for Dento, I did mention two other pokemon that could be his so it's not like there aren't other choices for Dento out there.

Before BW started, I did think that Swana would suit Dento but it doesn't seem like that would happen if Koaruhi is a POTD for this episode. I mean it looks like it's interacting with Ash the most and due its typing and Ash possibly having 6 pokemon, I don't think it would be caught then. But it looks interesting so hope it's entertaining even if it might not get caught imo.

Well, I guess it could be this way that Iris get 4 and Dento gets 3
Maybe I'm exaggerating and both will get 4 - could be too... (what's I'm sure about is that none of them will have more than 4... though I might be wrong)
In case of Dento - I wonder what's with him... Iris seem to get dragon-like Poké that aren't necessarily dragon type... what would Dento go for? grass type only cause he owns Yanapu? fire and water types cause his Gym starred all three of the starters types? random Poké like Brock? it's really interesting... if he sticks to grass, I'd like to see bambi, but I feel like the writers would prefer not to have a Poké like that (changes it form regularly) on the main cast... they also seem to abuse bambi as a background Poké...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom