• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW020 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!! Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
this is something i am really excited to finally be able to share with the 'net!! i know the bulbagarden anime forum would especially appreciate these.

i recently got 95+ hand-drawn pencil sketches from the Best Wishes! anime, a yet un-aired episode, probably episode 20 (based on a #20 in the same corner of one page where my Electric Shock Showdown genga have a #14). yes, they are real! from a trusted long time production art merchant.

i have no, no no idea how these leaked from the studio. i have gathered production artwork for years, and only ever seen a handful of (kind of lame) genga from AG and DP anime, maybe 20 total over many years. this is 95 pages, spanning a full minute or two of an episode, with multiple connecting sequences and full animations.

needless to say being 20 episodes in, you can spot some rather juicy spoilers. but also being 20 episodes in, it's not aired, so i had to piece together the haphazard pages as best i could with nothing to base the sequence off of. if you think i messed something up, have fun and come up with your own order! by no means do i think i got this perfect.

ALL the sketches can be found here, there's way too many to paste them all onto the forum: http://sunyshore.com/other_art_bw.shtml

quick summary from the site: "In these 95 sketches, you will see a scene unfold where a Koaruhi swoops down, attacks Mijumaru, Dento, and Iris, steals Ash's hat, and terrifies Meguroko. At least, I think so! Guess we have to wait and see when this episode airs - probably in winter 2011! :D They are probably not in the exactly correct order since I have no episode to go off of, but I've done my best using intuiton and some numbering on a few of the pages."

and here are some of the best pages!
other_art_bw_dento05a.jpg

other_art_bw_koaruhi09.jpg

other_art_bw_koaruhi10.jpg

other_art_bw_meguscared04.jpg

other_art_bw_mijutantrum02.jpg

please enjoy!!! if you have any questions about the art, or pokemon production art in general, please ask and it would be my pleasure to answer!
other_art_bw_throw.gif

Last edited:
Re: BW020 (yes really) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko.. genga/douga tell the tale! Major spoile

Oh god I LOVE these sketches.

I gotta save them.
Meguroco is Ash's, I'm assuming?

And Iris has a Zuruggu?! D8

Re: BW020 (yes really) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko.. genga/douga tell the tale! Major spoile

seeeeeeems that way... and with zuruggu standing by iris.....? maybe it's hers?

its obvious the "shock! new pokemon" of this episode is koaruhi, so unless it's also about zuruggu and meguroko at the same time, they belong to the trio :D

Well if that Zuruggu belongs to Iris then I think it's safe to say she might not be the 8th gym leader. Unless her team is built up alongside Ash's, and she wants to battle Ash instead of Shaga for the 8th badge.

Does it mean that Ash will capture the crocodile and the duck?

seeeeeeems that way... and with zuruggu standing by iris.....? maybe it's hers?

its obvious the "shock! new pokemon" of this episode is koaruhi, so unless it's also about zuruggu and meguroko at the same time, they belong to the trio :D

Nah, I think Meguroco might already be a part of his team by now if that's true, because of the way it acts around ash, I think it's his. But that's just me off sketches, and we won't find out for a while...so...

And Zuruggu...I'm betting that's iris', because it wouldn't make sense for him to be randomly there, would he?

I wonder if it's the same Meguroko from EP003? It doesn't seem to be because, by the pictures it comes across as a bit scared. The leader in ep. 3 was pretty brash.

I wonder if it's the same Meguroko from EP003? It doesn't seem to be because, by the pictures it comes across as a bit scared. The leader in ep. 3 was pretty brash.

Probably not...

If they've passed Hiun by this point (Doubt it sorta, but then again my prediction skills may suck) it may be a random one. Or, it could have been a follower from the group, or something.

But this is all of course speculation going off of not much. However, I am convinced that Meguroco is Ash's though

Zuruggu I'm not entirely convinced is Iris' but I'm pretty sure he belongs to one of them. (Dento?!)

In BW003, the last scene focused on the leader of the crocodile. So there is a chance that it will be the same one. And the duck steals Ash's hat so it probably will be captured by Ash.

In BW003, the last scene focused on the leader of the crocodile. So there is a chance that it will be the same one. And the duck steals Ash's hat so it probably will be captured by Ash.

True...

You suppose it might not be as tough as it acted in those episodes?

Then again, the appearance of a Zuruggu AND a Meguroco also suggest that they've been through the resort desert...

Re: BW020 (?!) -- Koaruhi, Meguroko, Zuruggu... genga/douga tell the tale!

Interesting.... so if that Meguroko is Ash's he has a full team?
That pokemon (forgot the name) with Iris is cool.

Awesome, thanks! I'm shocked stuff like that is seriously leaked somehow... god, what's NOT leaked these days?! XD
So it looks like Iris gets Zurugu or what's-his-name... I did say before that maybe Iris will be like Lance and catch dragon-looking-like Pokémon (don't know about all of you, but I found it weird that Zurugu is fighting/dark and not dragon, looks dragonish to me) so I guess that's the way they chose to go with her... dragon-like Pokémon, not necessarily dragon type...
Also seems like Ash is getting Meguroko... awesome, especially if it's the same one from BW 3 (they did kind of foreshadow we'll see it again)
I doubt Ash would catch the duck... just because it stole his hat? with Meguroko in, Ash will have a fully team... also, he already got his flying and water Poké... though the duck is super cute wearing Ash's hat so I'd like it if Ash did catch it somehow... I just doubt it'll happen

Ash exceeded 6 Pokémon already in early Kanto, so it could happen again.

I know it's early to tell but do you think this Koaruhi is a filler episode Pokemon or possibly being captured by a main character?
I would love it if Koaruhi was caught by someone in the main cast^_^

Since Ash seems to have a full team and already owns a water type and flying type, sadly I think no one will catch it... it seems to interact mainly with Ash so if no Ash, no one will get it

Are there any other dragon-like Poké this gen that Iris might get like Zurugu? I tried to find some but I can't really see any similar cases to Zurugu... the best I could think of is that fossil bird... which I doubt she'd get

Since Ash seems to have a full team and already owns a water type and flying type, sadly I think no one will catch it... it seems to interact mainly with Ash so if no Ash, no one will get it

Are there any other dragon-like Poké this gen that Iris might get like Zurugu? I tried to find some but I can't really see any similar cases to Zurugu... the best I could think of is that fossil bird... which I doubt she'd get

It would be a shame if it wasn't caught, I love Koaruhi^_^
Maybe at this point Mamepato has left and Koaruhi will be the new bird Pokemon for Ash?

Edit: If anything this particular Koaruhi may be a recurring Pokemon in the Isshu saga?

No way Mamepato would leave for that... recurring poke? maybe, but you better not expect it to happen... most likely it's a POTD that we'll never see again

Ash has Staraptor, Gliscor and Gible in DP. They have repeated types so it is possible that Ash will capture the duck. And I also think that fossil bird is unlikely for Iris since fossil Pokémon are really rare. Though it may be related to the ancestors of dinosaurs.

But Gible came after Gliscor left... Mamepato won't leave now
Also, Ash's team wasn't full when he got any of these... so yeah...

Ash got Krabby when his team was full and he already had Squirtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom