• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW023 - Team Rockets VS Team Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it how we're comparing an un-aired filler episode to an yet-to-be-aired episode that's anything but filler. Personally it would have been amusing to be reactions if this happened to be a Badge episode.

Judging by the title, "The Battle of the Shaking Island! Dojotchi vs. Namazun!!", that episode was never aired because it was centered heavily on earthquakes on an island (sound familiar?). Haven't been watching the anime lately, but I don't think this Rocket-dan vs. Plasma-dan episode will cause bad memories of the 8,9 earthquake and tsunami. Not to mention it would be horribly confusing when we see the continuation of the subplot.

What about the property damage done to Castella city?

What about the property damage done to Castella city?
Again, haven't watched the anime recently, but I don't think that's enough to warrant the decision of never airing the episode, especially when it's an important one. Especially since other shows in Japan probably go a little further with destruction compared to what's seen on Pokemon. As long as the episode has nothing to do with an earthquake, tsunami, or nuclear radiation, I think they won't have any problems airing the episodes sooner than we think. The only reason the Namazun episode was never aired was because the episode contained earthquakes.

~Nyoro~n

Last edited:
The preview basically shows urban destruction and lots of explosions.

That's why this ep was skipped.

The reason why the Shaking Island episode never aired is because the Pokemon staff tends to make the worst possible choices.
I bailed on Pokemon a long time ago because they turned it into the anime equivalent of the Zelda CD-i games.

Regarding the Shaking Island episode, postponing it after the earthquakes at the time made perfect sense, since natural disasters are gonna have a major affect on people. But a month later, when the tsunami hit, they got confused over whether or not to air it and weren't certain what they were gonna do when they should've just postponed it for 12 months. And that was the last that we heard about the episode.
I'm aware of how catastrophic the tsunami was and understand how difficult it was on so many people, but not airing that episode after a long enough period is absurd, whether it was filler or not. I know most people weren't anticipating the episode, but it still should've been aired because episodes that get put on hold normally air whether there's hype or not. And even if there isn't much anticipation, there will be people who'll want to see it and because of that, they deserve to see it.

For example: In September of '01, Fox was scheduled to air a TV movie about mutated sewer rats that took place in New York City. We all know what happened that month and because of that, they put it on hold, but a year later, they did air it, even though there wasn't much hype. Because it was something they were going to do and they knew that there were people who wanted to see it.

In early 1986, there was a movie scheduled to be released called Space Camp, but because of the Challenger accident, they put it on hold, but eventually released it (although the postponement should've been a lot more than five months).

There was also a Mr. Bean episode in the early '90s where he had to take care of an infant that at first was put on hold because of an infamous child kidnapping, but a year later, they aired it.

And not just that, but in the summer of '01, a Pokemon episode aired where Team Rocket hijacked a blimp. And people all over the world were affected by what happened a few months later in America (thank God the episode wasn't scheduled to air on September 13th), but a year later, 4Kids still dubbed the episode and there was no controversy.
Because of this, both the Shaking Island episode and the Team Rocket/Plasma episodes need to eventually air.
Because the Pokemon staff needs to understand that earthquakes happen and there's nothing that can be done to prevent them. As devastating and tragic as the recent earthquake was, people in Japan are eventually going to move on from it, just like they did from the ones in November of '04 along with Americans after the events of September 11th, 2001.

I can understand what the people in Japan have gone through recently and they definitely deserve a lot of support. And I'm not insisting that they start to move on from this tragedy soon since it will take time, but eventually they will do so.

I think the best thing that the Pokemon staff can do is eventually air the episode (I don't know when specifically), and if they do it in less than 12 months, post a warning at the beginning recommending people who were affected by the earthquake to not watch.

The reason why the Shaking Island episode never aired is because the Pokemon staff tends to make the worst possible choices.

Don't blame the Pokemon Staff, blame ShoPro and TV-Tokyo. They're the one who decides whether or not the episode will air.

Also, there's a chance that Team Rocket's new energy source goes haywire thus threatens the whole city. So it's most likely because of the incident from the power plant that threatens the large portion of Japan.

Also, there's a chance that Team Rocket's new energy source goes haywire thus threatens the whole city. So it's most likely because of the incident from the power plant that threatens the large portion of Japan.

This plotline is probably the main reason for the cancelations for the arc. Property damage is one thing, but what Team Rocket and Team Plasma is fighting over (control of the "dream/new energy") probably draws too close to the nuclear incident that's going on right now.

I'm wondering if Team Plasma will be banned from the anime in the same way that Porygon is.

PDL why do you keep saying that? The arc isn't canceled and Team Plasma will o course get featured. What is with this assumption?

I'm wondering if Team Plasma will be banned from the anime in the same way that Porygon is.

Nah, I really doubt that. The episode in which Porygon appeared actually caused serious injury, while the episode in question involving Team Plasma is just too sensitive at the moment due to its supposed relation with the power plant in Japan.

PDL why do you keep saying that? The arc isn't canceled and Team Plasma will o course get featured. What is with this assumption?

I'm suddenly not allowed to jump to conclusions like everyone else can?

You can't really deny that this will have a profound effect on how Best Wishes's plot is played out. This may end up being the new GS ball where the fandom will obsess over it until the world ends.

I'm suddenly not allowed to jump to conclusions like everyone else can?

You can't really deny that this will have a profound effect on how Best Wishes's plot is played out. This may end up being the new GS ball where the fandom will obsess over it until the world ends.

The GS ball was tossed because ShoPro realized that event monsters like Celebi should be introduced in the movies as opposed to the anime. It was later explained in the Japanese only event back at Pokemon Crystal (yeah, Game =/=Anime, but its the only way they can explain the damn thing).

They most likely released that damn thing on dvd anyway as a hour long special. Besides, japan made a movie about a nuclear monster 9 years after they got nuked.

They most likely released that damn thing on dvd anyway as a hour long special. Besides, japan made a movie about a nuclear monster 9 years after they got nuked.

I hope they do so soon.

actually you can, we have no word that it's going to have edits, and frankly, timing was the only isshu (cough) here, so it probably wont, but we don't know for sure, so we're better of not saying things like that...

actually you can, we have no word that it's going to have edits

We don't have word that there -won't- be, though. If the episode is postponed for a bit longer, there probably will be edits, and I wouldn't trust TV Tokyo to announce them. Then again, if it comes out, say, next year it'll be more likely to be completely intact.

Don't blame the Pokemon Staff, blame ShoPro and TV-Tokyo. They're the one who decides whether or not the episode will air.

My bad. I figured the Pokemon staff would've been to blame because of the amount of absurd mistakes they've made with the series and the amount of things they've been too afraid to do.
Also, does ShoPro and TV-Tokyo also have the rights to which episodes can be put onto DVD? If not, then the Pokemon staff should've done that with the shaking episode. If not, then they're just as afraid.

Why are people making such a huge deal out of this? So what if we'll see the episodes later, they're only getting delayed.

Supposing these episodes air in Japan prior to BW22 in the US despite delays on TVTokyo, would these episodes air in sequence on CN then? The US hasn't been affected (severely) by Japan's recent disaster so I see no reason to delay it given that sort of circumstance.

Plus, TPCi probably dubbed those episodes prior to the Earthquake. They're both episodes 23 and 24 respectively of Pokemon BW, Japan's up to episode 27 and the US's up to episode 7. We're only twenty-something episodes behind Japan and TPCi can't just dub an episode after it airs in Japan given these circumstances so I think all this bears out my theory.

Plus, TPCi probably dubbed those episodes prior to the Earthquake. They're both episodes 23 and 24 respectively of Pokemon BW, Japan's up to episode 27 and the US's up to episode 7. We're only twenty-something episodes behind Japan and TPCi can't just dub an episode after it airs in Japan given these circumstances so I think all this bears out my theory.

TPCI doesn't have the episodes yet. Like Dogasu has said, they'll air them in the order the Japanese give them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom