• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW023 - Team Rockets VS Team Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks this episode is going to end up as a major controversey over here in the United States. I mean airplane crashing into a building??? Area where this happens is based in lower Manhatten, New York City??? Ring a bell??? *cough*9/11*cough* Am I the only person who picked up on that???

I doubt most 6-18 year-old males even know Isshu/Unova is based on America :p

But ya it's scary to think of if the writers did this on purpose. But it's a Helicopter though.

I doubt most 6-18 year-old males even know Isshu/Unova is based on America :p

But ya it's scary to think of if the writers did this on purpose. But it's a Helicopter though.

Oh, okay at least it's a helicopter, but still, I can't help but have a bad feeling about the whole situation...

Also, the helicopter doesn't crash into the building. Team Plasma's Liepard uses (what I presume to be) Hyper Beam on a couple of the windows. There's a big difference.

Musashi said:
Wow. How long has this been known and why has no one said anything before? I wonder who's side it's on.

The Master Quizes usually go up the night the episode airs. So this would have been posted after Thursday night's Fushide episode.

I usually don't check the quizzes myself until a day or two before the episode airs.

Musashi said:
Serperior said:
reminds me of the TRio, everyone was like ''Serious TRio? Bahh! like that's gonna happen!'' XD

Which isn't the same thing at all. The Rockets are serious characters.

They are *now*, but they weren't for the 13 years before Best Wishes!. If they can do a complete 180, so can the crocodile.

They are *now*, but they weren't for the 13 years before Best Wishes!. If they can do a complete 180, so can the crocodile.
But the Rockets changed when the anime changed to a new series. This Croc thing would happen in the middle of a series, which would be really weird.

Well, like others have said, it wouldn't be *that* jarring. Like others have said, it *was* pretty serious in its first episode. That's like 1/3 of its screentime right there.

I don’t think it necessarily means we’ll be seeing that particular croc anyway. I mean, this is the Desert Crocodile pokemon we’re talking about, and this is the area where you find them and their pre-evolved form in the games. Plus, we’re bound to get one of those ‘the bad guy’s antics disturb the wild pokemon in the area’ type scenes at some point. I can see this species being one of the pokemon scattering after the meteor gives off a shockwave/something explodes/etc.
Failing that, the Plasma guys could be using them.

That said, I wouldn't be oppossed to be ol' Sunglasses myself. Even if he is just some recurring 'mon that's a 'light' antagonist, he's all about fighting battles and is pretty strong. I don't see why he couldn't help the gang out, personally.

Last edited:
Even though I stopped watching the anime years ago (Hmm, I wonder if Best Wishes could be a new start), I want BlackGlass Kroko to be in as much as possible. Sandile <3

It's not even about Krokorok being a gag character, moreso the fact that people are acting like such characters have no place in "serious" episodes when Team Rocket have been doing that for years.

And that's ignoring the fact that the preview showed us that one of the climatic battles of this episode involves a fight between a yellow mouse and a bat with a heart on its snozz. Serious indeed.

It's not even about Krokorok being a gag character, moreso the fact that people are acting like such characters have no place in "serious" episodes when Team Rocket have been doing that for years.

Not really in DP. Besides, the writers were forced to put them in every episode. There's no one forcing any comedic characters in this one.

And that's ignoring the fact that the preview showed us that one of the climatic battles of this episode involves a fight between a yellow mouse and a bat with a heart on its snozz. Serious indeed.

Yes, it is. Did you even watch the preview?

Of course I watched the preview, and I saw a cute little bat doing battle with a yellow mouse. There's only so serious a show like Pokemon can get, and I doubt including a crocodile with sunglasses is going to ruin it. :p

I see Liepard and Woobat teaming up against Pikachu. I really want to see an emotional discussion between the TRio.

It would be interesting as to what the Plasma-Dan think of Nyasu willingly being in the team. I don't expect confirmation of a Poké Ball or anything, but here we have a Pokémon that is potentially with humans of its own accord, without being "owned".

I see Liepard and Woobat teaming up against Pikachu. I really want to see an emotional discussion between the TRio.
I doubt Rocket and Plasma team up. They just have the same selfish goals, and Pikachu is a threat to them both.

Oh and what Iteru said, that would be very interesting to see a Nyasu plot like that.

It would be interesting as to what the Plasma-Dan think of Nyasu willingly being in the team. I don't expect confirmation of a Poké Ball or anything, but here we have a Pokémon that is potentially with humans of its own accord, without being "owned".
Meowth was worried about him being a Kanto Pokemon in Unova. This was way back in the first or second episode, but maybe they might exploit Meowth's insecurities and convince him to (temporarily) switch sides?

Meowth was worried about him being a Kanto Pokemon in Unova. This was way back in the first or second episode, but maybe they might exploit Meowth's insecurities and convince him to (temporarily) switch sides?

I'm not sure if he'd switch sides or anything, but I'd really want him to at least talk to N or the other members that don't know the real intentions behind Team Plasma. While N can hear normal Pokémon in a non-literal sense, this is one Pokémon that all the other members can hear literally themselves. I think they'd claim Stockholm Syndrome or something similar, but it would be interesting to see how they would treat his case, especially if they claimed he is trying to become as human as possible as human and normal Pokémon together are unnatural.

N, please show up here xD

Well.... guess that settles that. Hope they're just postponing it as is and not reanimating scenes, but I don't have a lot of hope. :-/

I dunno...the fact that they're still airing the show but choosing to skip these two episodes is telling. They can't just be postponing them for nothing.

They might just not want to show a huge metropolitan city be destroyed so soon after the earthquake. Kinda like how the Tentacruel episode was temporarily banned after 9/11.

But I agree that reanimating a few scenes is far more likely. At least we'll probably be able to tell if the episode has been edited by comparing it to the promo. I could easily see a few of those scenes being gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom