• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW025 - Hiun City Gym Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW22 & 25 - Hiun City and the Gym Battle

If its a 3 vs 3 battle I hope he uses:

Mamepato
Tsutarja
Zuruggu

I would love Tsutarja to battle, though I'm wondering if they will have it since it's a Bug Gym. As much as I think Tepig should sit this one out, I see the writers using it... again. Zuruggu I think is still too young the way the writers are portraying it, but it's definitely a possibility.

Mijumaru needs to stay light years away from this battle. :p

I hope he brings his possible Kurumiru back to battle, if not,

I hope it's

Tsutaja
Mamapeto
Zuruggu/Kurumiru.

I would love Tsutarja to battle, though I'm wondering if they will have it since it's a Bug Gym.

Me too.I hope this battle is Tsutarja's and Mamepato's gym debut.

I support the "Pokabu and Mijumaru sit this gym out" stance.

Sort of hope Mamepato might get a new move for this gym battle and that Zurrugu is in it.

One (,aybe even two) of the three 'overused' pokemon is more than likely going to see battle action here, and if it has to be any of them, I'd rather it be Pokabu than Mijumaru or Pikachu. At this point, it's the lesser of two three evils.

Otherwise, I agree with the majority and think Mamepato, Zuruggu and Tsutarja would be the ideal team, but it has a snowball's chance of going down, unfortunately.

I don't mind Pokabu getting another gym battle as long as it's the fall guy. In fact, I'd rather have Mamepato take down two of Arti's Pokémon to prove the birds can do something before evolving.

The third Pokémon I think is a toss up between Pikachu and Tsutarja. In the previous Pokémon Sunday, Pikachu was fighting a Kurumiru (which could be Arti's, but I'm not positive so don't quote me on that). If that indeed was a battle against Arti, I think Pikachu loses, and Ash would want to use it in the gym battle so it could get its revenge.

^Again, the above paragraph would only work if the battle shown on Pokémon Sunday was between Ash and Arti, but I'm not saying it was.

I don't think Zuruggu will be getting a gym battle so soon, and if it does, I think it will be the fall guy.

I cannot see Zuruggu being used. They made a point in it's debut episode that it is not yet strong. They have never really portrayed that of a newly hatched pokemon before to that extent. Ever since AGish they've loved having training episodes, so I see us getting at least a couple with that before we see any major breakthrough in Zuruggu's strength.

Ash using Snivy against bug Pokemon is just the thing Ash would do. Plus the writers aren't going to leave this starter out of Gym battles any longer.

They had Snivy star in the Shooti match to make up for its absence in the Gyms so far, but it'll almost definitely be in the next one.

Yeah plus Mamepato needs some love.

I hope this Gym battle will feature Mamepato. Mamepato was absent in the last two Gym battles. I would like to see his battle skills and I also hope Mamepato will evolve during this Gym battle.

As I said earlier, I think it would be pretty neat if Mamepato gained a new move if it is used against Arti. Lightning Speed is quite the disappoint considering that the previous birds, as well as Pikachu, know it so I'd love some more variety. Sadly Mamepato doesn't have that much of a movepool but I think either All-Seeing or Round-trip could be fun to see, especially the latter, if Mamepato learned through observation of one of Arti's bug Pokémon using it.

People are crazy if you think Tepig will not be used in the gym battle just to give Snivy its gym screentime. Tepig is Fire type and Ash dooesn't mind if he used it in Shippou or not. Pidove will be used too. There's one left, and that one might be: Snivy (20%), Sandile (30%), Pikachu (50%), Oshawott (10%).

Ash knows well that Snivy has a type disadvantage. It has a slim chance to battle here.

It's silly to think that Pokabu should have another gym battle, and Tsutaja has done nothing memorable except for the shooti battle, where she still lost.

So i still say

Zuruggu
Tsutaja
Hatoopoo/Mamapeto

Ash doesn't care about type advantages all that much.

uhh.....Mamepato is female.

xD

My bad. I thought that Mamepato was a male.

Mamepato will probably learn either Air Cutter or Air Slash if she learns a new move. Mamepato's movepool is very shallow. The only noteworthy damaging moves are Air Cutter and Air Slash. Mamepato also learns Facade, Sky Attack and Razor Wind, but these three moves are rarely used in the anime.

Ash doesn't care about type advantages all that much.

Yeah, really. Just because YOU want him not to use his best pokemon, doesn't mean anything.

He will use Tepig whether you like it or not.

Mamepato will probably learn either Air Cutter or Air Slash if she learns a new move. Mamepato's movepool is very shallow. The only noteworthy damaging moves are Air Cutter and Air Slash. Mamepato also learns Facade, Sky Attack and Razor Wind, but these three moves are rarely used in the anime.

She already knows Air Cutter :p
But sadly I think if she did learn another move it would be one of those that you listed.
I really liked that Mukuhawk had some versatility with Infight so I hope the writers get generous again.

I think Tepig will be used, and evolve probably!
So that in one episode, they can send him train with some fire expert!
So Ash will have place for a 7 pokemon. . .

I think Tepig will be used, and evolve probably!
So that in one episode, they can send him train with some fire expert!
So Ash will have place for a 7 pokemon. . .

None of the starters will be evolving soon. Also I dont see any reason why send Pokabu away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom