• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW026 - Fishing Conference of Hiun City

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Fishing Conference of Castelia City! Fisher Sommelier - Dent appears!!
The episode will air on April 7, 2011

From a reliable source at Serebiiforums, same person who posted the Dawn and Brock specials thread. It does seem a bit fishy though.

Apparently it's from 2ch, from a magazine Dengeki or Newtype.

Last edited:
They sure love to give focus to Dento a lot.

This is interesting. Another episode centered around Dento. I dont want him to catch a Pokemon now but if he does Im fine with it.

Alright, we now have (lessee, BW11, BW19, now this) at least three episodes focused on Dent, but only one (BW9) on poor Iris. Would it kill the writers to give her some attention too? Maybe something like creating some arrogant kid from Iris's home village who has an Onondo?

Anyway, it's only appropriate that we have so many episodes set in this city, seeing how big it is...

Fishing competition? and it's the first episode of April too?... a water type competition that's aired on the anime's 14th anniversary... it really sounds like something they'd do for Misty, but instead it's a Cilan ep
I wonder if he'll get another water type or simply use his current one
Also, while I denied it at first, it does seem he's getting more focus than Iris, but I still insist it won't last much longer... even if they dropped the "equal heroine to Ash" thing, they'd still treat both sidekicks as equal or treat the female a little better, there's no reason at all to give more focus to the male sidekick...
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

This series is pretty much the reverse of Diamond and Pearl, since there everyone thought the girl co-star got too much focus and the boy co-star didn't get enough and now it's the other way round.

This series is pretty much the reverse of Diamond and Pearl, since there everyone thought the girl co-star got too much focus and the boy co-star didn't get enough and now it's the other way round.

There wasn't a boy "co-star" in DP and there isn't one in BW either
Dawn was the first and only character to ever star in the show other than Ash and to a lesser extent May
The rest are sidekicks / secondary character / supportive characters / whatever you call them
I'm sure that soon Iris will start to do more and more and get as much if not more focus than Cilan... maybe once Axew will start to change and be able to battle
They already gave Iris a whole backstory, clear goal and problems (Axew being too young and weak, her other Pokémon not obeying her...) so I'm sure they have some stuff planned for her

Woah, another Dent episode. Hopefully this will be a continuing trend of focus on him. I'm wondering if he will catch something, if anything, as to what it could be. Maybe some nice Basslao to serve up on a dish when the boat comes in?

As it is probably on one of the piers, I can sadly see a Mijumaru scene already. I do want to see Kibago playing near the edge though, so that Iris can do something to stop it going off the edge.

I wonder if Dent will get focus in the first half of Best Wishes with Iris the second, or if Dent is meant to appeal to the female audience while Iris is just there.

This will be interesting, because there's only like three Fish Pokemon in the Unova Dex...but I'm guessing we'll Basculin here, since he hangs out in all the fresh water rivers.

Although I hope we see my bro, Tympole here.

You guys really need to cite your sources.

Where did this title come from?

A reliable source on Serebii, the person said it was from 2ch and it was in a magazine, either Dengeki or New type.

So no there is no source, and I sort of kind of, doubt it myself but it seems real.

So in other words, this title is unconfirmed.

I'll reopen this thread if any proof comes out that this is legit.

Since we have a summery and staff information I'm re-opening this.

Sushi said:
Together with Bianca, who joined them on their way, Ash and his friends decide to partake in a fishing tournament held in Castelia City. Just then, Cilan's eyes change colors when he hears the word 'fishing'.

Can't wait to see Bel again and see why Dent gets all excited about fishing.

Bel? Why does this episode sound better by the minute? :D

Looking forward to this a lot now.

*gasp* Bel! Now I'm really excited. :-D

So I'm wondering if Bel will show a new capture or catch something in this episode. She's already gone against her game team with Chillarmy.

Sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing Bel again. Also looking forward to seeing what happens to Cilan.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom