• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW026 - Fishing Conference of Hiun City

All I am hoping for this episode-- Ash pulling out Misty's special lure.

Why would he do that when the lure hasn't appeared in over 150 episodes and the writers have no reason at all to bring up Misty to Iris and Cilantro.

In fact most of us probably would have forgotten that lure even exists.

^^ you seem to enjoy runing things right?

there was no reason for him to show it in DP either

he did

Why would he do that when the lure hasn't appeared in over 150 episodes and the writers have no reason at all to bring up Misty to Iris and Cilantro.

Well, he showed it the last time he fished, didn't he? In Buizel's debut episode. I don't think Ash fished after that episode, so logically it wouldn't show up.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of the lure - it's cute and all, but why would Pokemon want to devour a chibi reheaded girl with a precocious smile?

Well, he showed it the last time he fished, didn't he? In Buizel's debut episode. I don't think Ash fished after that episode, so logically it wouldn't show up.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of the lure - it's cute and all, but why would Pokemon want to devour a chibi reheaded girl with a precocious smile?

Lol to be fair Ash did say the lure would scare away all the Pokemon in dub...maybe it's for capturing really TOUGH Pokemon >:D

Lol to be fair Ash did say the lure would scare away all the Pokemon in dub...maybe it's for capturing really TOUGH Pokemon >:D
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Somehow. A big, scary, and strong Pokemon (Like, let's say, Gyarados) would seem like a man-eating monster.

Because he just got the lure only 40 eps prior. Now it's been over 150.

I'm sorry. But do you really hate Misty/Kasumi so much you shoot down every thing that has to do with her?

It'd be pretty cool to see it again guys but I wonder if it's just Dent and Bel entering or the others too?

Just hoping and not assuming. It would be a nice tease though.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Somehow. A big, scary, and strong Pokemon (Like, let's say, Gyarados) would seem like a man-eating monster.

I think we're onto something! :-D Plus a Gyrados (in Chronicles) almost ate her when she was little!

The difference is that DP had tons of references to the past while BW barely has any. I doubt we'll see the lure.

The difference is that DP had tons of references to the past while BW barely has any. I doubt we'll see the lure.

BW just began give it some time. In the first ep we got 5 Sinnoh references Bibarel's band, The Twinleaf Trophy, The Summer School ep, the Soothe Bells, and May/Haruka's Teddiursa toy seems like a lot to me.

That was just to establish continuity to the past. There's been too much obvious avoiding for me to believe there's a good chance to see the lure.

That was just to establish continuity to the past. There's been too much obvious avoiding for me to believe there's a good chance to see the lure.

If that's the case wouldnt Pikachu and his moveset and Oak be enough? What's your definition of "obvious avoiding"?

Last edited:
What's your definition of "obvious avoiding"?

Kenji, Barrierd, Satoshi's old Pokemon, the Rockets old Pokemon, any old Pokemon aside from Pikachu and Nyasu, completely new Rocket outfits/building/R with no explanation/Satoshi has a new outfit right away...

Kenji, Barrierd, Satoshi's old Pokemon, the Rockets old Pokemon, any old Pokemon aside from Pikachu and Nyasu, completely new Rocket outfits/building/R with no explanation/Satoshi has a new outfit right away...

Tracey/Kenji and Barrier'd/Mr.Mime didn't show up. Doesn't mean the writers dont remember them just chose not to use them. Besides aint Tracey/Kenji at the lab taking care of the Pokes anyway?

Old Pokemon don't show up because in Unova/Isshu those Pokemon are rare and the writers are advertising BW not DP and Johto. Besides Oak/Orchird said he was going to watch over his Pokemon at the lab doesnt seem like he was "avoiding" a thing. I don't recall his old Pokemon showing up in the first DP ep either cept' Aipom.

Ash:Yeah, I got my first Unova Pokemon!

New Outfits? That doesn't seem like a good reason at all. More like getting a new look after 5 years of the same thing.

They have no reason to give Misty a mention when she hasn't even appeared in the show in half a decade.

wow, people are arguing over whether that misty lure will be used in this episode or not. just because there will be fishing. even though the episode is going to be all about dento.

*sits back eating popcorn*

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom