• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW026 postponed, BW027 airing instead: BW026 postponed for unknown reasons, BW027 to

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
BW026 postponed, BW027 airing instead: Episode featuring Bel, Emonga to air instead

BW026 postponed, BW027 airing instead: Episode featuring Bel, Emonga to air instead

Another scheduling change has been announced by TV Tokyo. Instead of 「ヒウンシティのつり大会!釣りソムリエ・デント登場!!」 Fishing Conference of Hiun City! Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!!, the episode 「かわいい顔に要注意!エモンガでシビレビレ!!」 Beware of Cute Faces! Emonga Paralyses! will air instead.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW026 postponed, BW027 airing instead: BW026 postponed for unknown reasons, BW027

The Team Plasma episodes I could understand but why BW26? Is it because it involves water?

Re: BW026 postponed, BW027 airing instead: BW026 postponed for unknown reasons, BW027

The Team Plasma episodes I could understand but why BW26? Is it because it involves water?

BINGO. Water Type Pokemon using moves like "Whirl Pool" maybe or the water in this episode or something of that area.

Must be related to the tsunami that almost completely wiped out several homes in Japan. That is the only logical reason.

I still feel that these episodes will be aired eventually. Three continuity episodes cannot be skipped. The hard work from several of the greatest animation directors, the script's writer, as well as the money and time invested to create the episode in the first place. Surely TPCI will find a way for these three episodes to air, even if TV TOKYO adamantly refuses for them to air in Japan.

Literally millions of dollars are being wasted if these episodes don't air. If TV TOKYO won't allow them to air, TPCI will surely do something about it. Surely the animation teams working on this series will do something about it. This might cause some legal disputes between the two companies in the future. Since the earthquake was that bad, I'm guessing several more episodes may be cut if their plotlines involve water or destruction of property.

Well there really isn't much we can do at this point. There is a five-month window between Japan and the dubbed episodes. Let's see what will happen in late July or early August when the dub actually gets to that point. Right now I'm believing that (with the damage in Japan right now), the dub has a more likely chance to air these episodes first than Japan will.

They'll probably air them in roughly a month.

At the pace the dub is going I wouldn't be surprised if the episodes do air here first. But man 3 episodes getting skipped...>_>

The dub is still 20 weeks behind. We won't catch up.

So my question is: When is it okay to show things that may remind people of the disasters?

So my question is: When is it okay to show things that may remind people of the disasters?

There are tons of anime out there that show urban cities being destroyed (Dragonball, anyone?), that are constantly aired on Japanese television.

By this logic this kind of destruction would not be allowed on any anime ever.

There are tons of anime out there that show urban cities being destroyed (Dragonball, anyone?), that are constantly aired on Japanese television.

By this logic this kind of destruction would not be allowed on any anime ever.

Lol. I was literally asking how long before the TV stations feel its okay to air these episodes. I've always wondered at what point in time is it okay to do something like this. 4 weeks? 2 weeks?

Lol. I was literally asking how long before the TV stations feel its okay to air these episodes. I've always wondered at what point in time is it okay to do something like this. 4 weeks? 2 weeks?

It isn't just how much time is needed. There needs to be a decent opening in the scheduling to air these skipped episodes. They can't air this 2-parter when Ash is heading to Nimbasa City/wherever else. Which is why I doubt it would just air randomly in a few weeks/months in the same timeslot of the main episodes.

Wasn't the Whiscash episode also said to just be "postponed"? We all know what happened to that...Yes, that was filler, this is plot but...

Wasn't the Whiscash episode also said to just be "postponed"? We all know what happened to that...Yes, that was filler, this is plot but...

No, it was just skipped entirely. It was really just a Barboach filler, since Wishcash had tons of other eps in Hoenn.

The thing is the Wishcash in the ep used Earthquake and caused tidal waves, which is why it was skipped.

I think Dogasu still has clips of the preview for that ep on his site in the AG section, those are the only images of the ep ever shown. Looked like a bad filler, so it didn't matter.

TV Tokyo never said they'd air that AG episode. They've said repeatedly they'd air the Rocket ones.

Who knows about BW026, which is what this thread is about.

Here's a question: If those episodes (and the Barboach one) did air when they were supposed to, would anyone really get offended over it? In Japan?

I can't see how. Wishcash used earthquake in the water.

I guess the fact that it was a throwaway filler episode shows why it could be skipped and it didn't make a difference.

Besides, Wishcash had like two other eps in Hoenn anyway. It was really Barboach that got screwed out of an episode, but who cares about Barboach?

Geodude said:
Here's a question: If those episodes (and the Barboach one) did air when they were supposed to, would anyone really get offended over it? In Japan?

Maybe? Regardless, they don't want to take any chances.

What TV-Tokyo is doing now is actually a lot more lax than what is usually done in these types of situations. Usually, the offending episodes would be erased out of existence, but this time the two-parter *is* going to be aired eventually.

BW 026, on the other hand...who knows? Maybe it'll be lost forever, maybe not.

I wondered what's the deal with Cilan's eyes changing (or so I read somewhere). Since the episode's delayed... too bad, though, because my curiosity won't be fulfilled for a while...

Thanks for reading.

I wonder why the barboach episode was banned worldwide, even if it was a filler the episode was completed and that is a fairly substantial amount of money invested on an episode to never air. I still have hopes the episode will air even if AG is long over as a special "lost" episode or dvd extra, then again those two are popular marketing methods in the US and just don't work the same way in Japan.

The Barboach ep was from back in 2004. Its now 2011.

Its been 7 years since the ep was skipped and never shown, it obviously won't at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom