• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW032 - Beloved Cottonee Rides the Wind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croag, because Dento is fresh and new and completely interesting and fabulous! ~

EDIT: What the f... is up with Iris eating all the apples? o_o

Oooh, not too big on Monmen fighting each other, but I do like that we will get to see Zurrug fighting the focused on one.

And LOL at Dent xD I can't wait to see the advice he gives to the Monmen and hopefully some more Iris and Satoshi reaction faces.

We have had countless episodes in the past where Brock has tried to help pokemon out with love situations. Why did everyone not go 'OMG lol Brock's so funny with his love doctor stuff - I'm suddenly so much more interested in this episode'? Dento is obviously acting the exact same as Brock - it's funny how some of you have said that this gag of Brock's became long stale.

Well, between you and me, I never ever found the Love Doctor plots stale...not even when it involved Kenny :p

At the risk of turning this thread into a Brock vs. Cilan thread, I'll end my statement with the notion that the way Dento is portrayed in the anime is a bit more...superfluous? And some (not all) people find appeal in that.

But really...Dragging Ash into this whole thing should make it even better XD still remembers Juliet!Ash

Oh yeah, ha ha. Of course it's because Dento is so fabulous and new and interesting! The way he portrays that pose is distinctly different to Brock, you know. Brock was stale and old, but now fresh Dento can revive Brock's stale recipe and add a sweet flavour to it and bake it into something new! I forgot, ha ha silly me.

Who is the cottonee in love with in this episode? The apple?

edit: Commanderpigg posted too quickly. Lots of people found him stale though, but find a whole new revolution to this Dento stuff. That's what I don't understand. Doesn't 'superfluous' mean over the top? Surely Brock was over the top with his love in every episode too? lol

Oh yeah, ha ha. Of course it's because Dento is so fabulous and new and interesting! The way he portrays that pose is distinctly different to Brock, you know. Brock was stale and old, but now fresh Dento can revive Brock's stale recipe and add a sweet flavour to it and bake it into something new! I forgot, ha ha silly me.

edit: Commanderpigg posted too quickly. Lots of people found him stale though, but find a whole new revolution to this Dento stuff. That's what I don't understand. Doesn't 'superfluous' mean over the top? Surely Brock was over the top with his love in every episode too? lol

i am not here much, but everytime i see you posting you are really hating on dento.

if you think dento is just a poor rehashed brock-replacement nobody can change your opinion, but you are missing some really key elements because you are apparently so blinded with hatred for him.

brock knew cooking because he had to care for tons of siblings; dento knows cooking because it's one of his passions, along with serving, catering, twirling, and skipping. not to mention being a sommelier. none of those things are brock. he was none of those things, and dento is not like brock. if you want to point out similarities (male, gym leader, with siblings, who cooks) they are extremely vague at best and can be said of plenty of characters we've seen.

now. yes, brock's love doctor thing was stale.... because he's terrible at it! just like team rocket with a mecha, trying to get pikachu, blasting off again, always failure failure failure, got insanely boring very quickly, brock became a character who rarely did anything but comment on battle styles, prepare food (not gourmet food either) and hit on chicks. and fail to even garner a bit of attention. he sucked at it. he never got a girlfriend despite it seemingly being his obsession to hit on every woman we came across. and have to get dragged off. a thousand times.

dento isn't a failure at anything and so far has no incredibly boring rehased characteristics... even brock's quirks were awesome in all of season one, because it hadn't been going on for ten years in a row of the same stupid crap. if dento was still here in ten years, we can talk about what parts of him have become boring and stale.

yes. dento being love doctor to the monmen is going to be cute and fresh since his style is going to probably be completely different from brock's. and since he isn't an utter failure at all things romance as far as we know, it'll also be more believable if it works.

i might as well also add that we can probably expect this to be rather "queer eye for the straight monmen"...

Last edited:
I would like to add that since Dento is so good at everything, it's double funny to see him "fail" every now and then. XD Just makes it more ironic! Take the scary statue scene in BW29, for example. That was really comedic, seeing the cool and calm Dento freaking out like that.

(Sorry for off-topic.)

*rolls eyes*
I don't care how fantastic, amazing, godlike, beautiful, fabulous, amazing at everything (he's not), great, wonderful, effervescent, cute, fresh, friendly, happy, positive Dento is - why should the 'perfect being who walked this earth' be a good character? Characters that bland (being great at everything (he's not)) aren't well written characters. Who cares if Brock failed at what he did? If he was great at getting chicks you'd all say that was getting bland.

Gourmet food? More like sandwiches and cakes.

You can't possibly say the only similarities are that they are male/gymleader/cooks or whatever. Come on, look at that picture and say that isn't what exactly what Brock did. This whole idea that Dento sparkles but Brock never did, watch the whole of Diamond and Pearl again. (and in his pewter gym special he actually physically sparkled without even having a fancy background - so there).

It's OK, you guys can all go worship Dento now, I'm done.

I don't care how fantastic, amazing, godlike, beautiful, fabulous, amazing at everything (he's not), great, wonderful, effervescent, cute, fresh, friendly, happy, positive Dento is - why should the 'perfect being who walked this earth' be a good character? Characters that bland (being great at everything (he's not)) aren't well written characters.

huh? when did i ever say....any of that? he hasn't failed, but he's not perfect (like meron said). and you are contradicting yourself. "a perfect character would not be good (but hes not perfect)". so is he good or not? a perfect character would not be good but you yourself say he is not only not perfect, but sucks. this reads as "Characters that bland (being great at everything (he's not)) aren't well written characters (but he's not great at everything, so he's not bland, so he is well written)." i'm sure you can't have meant he is a good character, but i think you accidentally said so.

i'm sure brock did pose like that, he often did sparkle, none of these things are things i am saying. i think dento's love doctor style will not be the same. and yes, his cooking is gourmet, at least in the japanese version he often goes into the ingredients, spices and little details of what he cooked, he's got his fancy chef's equipment he prides himself on, and no it's not just sandwiches...and i don't think he's ever made a cake... o_O you are just not seeing the things you don't wish to see, so this is pointless.

you've used "he has siblings" as a similarity point. but dento is one of three triplets, brock has a brood of unkempt little brothers and sisters. not similar. brock's a rock-type gym leader. dento trains a grass type in a gym that is completely unique. not similar. they both cook, but differently. their goals are completely different.

as for the "you guys can go worship dento now" schtick, is that the best you can do? i used to worship team rocket, and brock, when i was younger - when they were amazing. even team rocket's most hardcore fans seem smart enough to know how boring and stale they had become. i think it's time for you to sit back and accept that brock was boring as boring could be. stop fighting it man.

anyway one screenshot is nothing. we have to see how he handles monmen's situation. and yeah it does make it more interesting that dento is going to be involved as love doctor, because dento is hilarious :D

Last edited:
Well, the plot of this episode doesn't seem all that thrilling, but Dento's role in it is making me look forward to it anyhow. Seems like it will be a funny episode :D

*rolls eyes*

Awww, thanks for the permission :)

*rolls eyes*
I don't care how fantastic, amazing, godlike, beautiful, fabulous, amazing at everything (he's not), great, wonderful, effervescent, cute, fresh, friendly, happy, positive Dento is - why should the 'perfect being who walked this earth' be a good character? Characters that bland (being great at everything (he's not)) aren't well written characters. Who cares if Brock failed at what he did? If he was great at getting chicks you'd all say that was getting bland.

Gourmet food? More like sandwiches and cakes.

You can't possibly say the only similarities are that they are male/gymleader/cooks or whatever. Come on, look at that picture and say that isn't what exactly what Brock did. This whole idea that Dento sparkles but Brock never did, watch the whole of Diamond and Pearl again. (and in his pewter gym special he actually physically sparkled without even having a fancy background - so there).

First off, It's just a picture. You can't REALLY tell what's going to happen based on a picture.

Second, the whole Male Gymleader/Cooks thing are the only similarities they have. Dent is completely different from Brock.

Lastly, Brock had his time on the show and he's gone now. It's time to move on. You don't have to like Dent but you shouldn't go around crying that Dent isn't Brock or how you think Brock should of stayed.

I don't think Emonga's seiyuu is in this episode. :(

Emolga's VA isn't in the episode, but Iris is sure enjoying the apples, but why in this episode maybe Cilan says something about it being the perfect season for them or something, or the apples where they are, are some of the best ones. I think Axew sort of likes them too, if only Excadrill showed an interest in them. But anyway, I'm more interested in Scraggy in this episode, I hope it wins.

I wonder if TR is going to try to steal the Cottonee for Giovanni or try to stop the twerps attempts to help cottonee.

I'm hoping Scraggy learns a new move this ep. It needs one to keep up with Axew.

Low kick or faint attack would be cool.

I wonder if TR is going to try to steal the Cottonee for Giovanni or try to stop the twerps attempts to help cottonee.

Dear God I hope not. So far they've only gone after strong Pokemon (Crimgan and Ligray) while in white, so I can't see why they would reduce themselves to this thing. Hopefully all they're doing is talking to Matori.

I'm hoping Scraggy learns a new move this ep. It needs one to keep up with Axew.
It just needs more attacking moves period. I'm kind of getting sick of headbutt. Even if it isn't a common move for Ash's Pokemon. Seriously at this rate we'll be getting head smash, before Scraggy gets any other move.

Low kick or faint attack would be cool.

Fighting Type Moves: Either Brick Break or drain punch.

Brick Break- Because it can learn it naturally and I prefer it over any other fighting move Scraggy can learn, since punching to me is better than kicking. But I will be fine if it learns any move.

Drain Punch- Because it would be badass if Scraggy knew drain punch. At first I thought Brick Break was the best non drawback fighting move Scraggy can learn, BUT then I found out 5th gen increased its power and PP, making it a bit superior to brick break (well outside of being unable to break reflect/light screen and the works. But still I do like Drain Punch now.

Dark Type moves- I want Scraggy to learn Foul Play, but NO it can't learn it. I'd be fine with Night Slash too, BUT NO it can't learn it. So faint attack or Crunch. Faint Attack if the animation is epic enough I'll be fine with. Crunch? It has a small mouth, why they gave it Crunch over night slash is still baffling me. But as long as they make Crunch look like a dark type move, I'll be fine with it.

While I am getting somewhat tired of headbutt. I have a feeling that it's being dragged out since Scraggy might become one of Ash's major powerrhouses in B/W. He's probably the Pokemon whose development I look forward to the most. I look forward to his involvement in this episode.

While I am getting somewhat tired of headbutt. I have a feeling that it's being dragged out since Scraggy might become one of Ash's major powerrhouses in B/W. He's probably the Pokemon whose development I look forward to the most. I look forward to his involvement in this episode.

I don't really want it to be dragged out though. Or they should've never given Ash Scraggy in the first place. You can't just expect me to buy that for more than 50% of the series Scraggy will be weak as hell and then suddenly it's on par with Unfezant, Samurott, Serperior, Emboar, Pikachu, and Leavanny (hypothetically speaking) during the league. Although maybe evolution could solve that issue.

If Scraggy is supposed to be a powerful Pokemon, it needs to get close to the others soon. It could still be weak, but if it's still weak as hell by Gym 6, what was the point?

Now slow development is fine and all, but it has to be for a Pokemon that can afford slow development. Scraggy CAN only attack with headbutt. Axew can now attack with both scratch and dragon rage (if it's fully mastered like the narrator claims in the Axew episode). How can Scraggy beat Axew when Axew can just attack it with Dragon Rage and knock it out?

Scraggy needs at least one more attack and soon. Because look at Tepig, it had ember and tackle. Axew has scratch and dragon rage. Scraggy only has headbutt. It's not like there's a lot of things you can do with headbutt alone. And no I don't count leer as as attacking move, all it does is lower the defence. I'm sure eventually causing your opponent to flinch and then hitting with headbutt will be countered.

So I'm desperate for Scraggy to learn something new. I don't care if said attack is as weak as headbutt (meaning it's still needs to be developed), but Scraggy should be able to attack a Pokemon with at least two moves. Headbutt just isn't cutting it for me.
---------------------

Now finally onto what I wanted to post. Considering Team Rocket wasn't mentioned in the summary or the preview. I'm thinking their role in this episode is going to be really small. Meaning they might not affect the actual plot of the episode at all. They may very well do their own thing. Oh of course BW033. I almost forgot. Of course Team Rocket's goal will be unimportant to the Cottonee plot. It'll be introducing Team Rocket's mission in BW033 in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom