• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW037 - Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was seen on the preview of Pokemon Smash:
- Bianca becomes overexcited, and ends up chasing Iris around with her fishing rod.
- Cilan fishes out the Blue-Striped Basculin from the pool, but the pokemon immediately jumps back into the water.
- Jessie and James discuss their plan in secret. It involves Poke Balls.
- Pansage swims away from the Basculin.

There was not really much else to the preview.

Pokémon Smash preview:
wpm72.jpg

ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack
ImageShack

Hmm Didn't know Iris was in this thing too, she looks a little worried for some reason. Well, I hope Ash does a good job. Last Dento episode I was annoyed with how they wrote him, better not be the thing they do for Dento episodes or I'll really be annoyed >>

Rocketshipper said:
how are the going to explain how the episode ends with Bianca travelling with them, and yet she's not in episode 40?

Miru didn't leave the group at the end of her episode, yet she was absent at the start of the next one.

And hey, Araragi-Hakase and Makomo-Hakase just randomly showed up at the beginning of the most recent episode even though we didn't see any indication that they'd be there in the previous episode.

Bel not being in BW 038 won't seem *that* out-of-place.

They didn;t try to Edit charizard into the "Holiday Hi-jinx" and "Snow Way Out" episodes just because they were delayed, so why are they doing something like this now??

It wouldn't have been possible to do an edit like that back then because of the way the show was animated. Everything's done with computers now and is therefore a lot easier to manipulate.

I wonder what would have happened if there was a capture in this episode. There would be no way to edit out a Pokemon if say Cilan used it in the following episodes.

Good thing this ep does seem like a pure filler.

I wonder what would have happened if there was a capture in this episode. There would be no way to edit out a Pokemon if say Cilan used it in the following episodes.

Good thing this ep does seem like a pure filler.
It's not a filler, since it introduces Dento's fishing skills.

And it was when Bianca joined the group for her little mini arc of traveling with them, which we saw in the two Emolga episodes.

Miru didn't leave the group at the end of her episode, yet she was absent at the start of the next one.

the difference though between that example and this is that we already know that Bianca joining the group in BW 26 leads into her being with the group in 27-28. with this episode now being shoved into continuity later, it makes things awkward, cause we have her just randomly showing up with no explanation in 27, and then her joining the group in this episode, and then vanishing. Assuming of course that they don't just cut the final scene of this episode out, or re-animate it in some way to have her leaving instead of coming with them.

Why is this episode being labeled as BW 37 now? Shouldn't it be BW 39 at least? I assume the 37 comes from the assumption that BW 23-24 may not air, or may be shoved into continuity wherever they end up airing...but we don;t know for sure that they *will* be edited to fit into continuity, and even if they;re skipped all together, thats no reason to screw up the numbering. I don't recall anyone removing AG 101 from the numbering when it didn;t air.

Last edited:
I still consider it 26 as well. But the title of this very topic is "BW 37" and a few people in this topic have already reffered to it that way, and to the next episode after it as "BW 38"

Gliscor'd said:
I wonder what would have happened if there was a capture in this episode.

Satoshi hasn't used his Gamagaru since he caught it five episodes ago. It's not impossible for someone to have caught something in this episode and then that pokemon not showing up for so long.

Rocketshipper said:
Why is this episode being labeled as BW 37 now?

Check the scan posted by adyniz. This episode's officially BW 037 now. Any episode listing that still has this one counted as BW 026 is out of date.

I'm waiting for Bulbapedia to update its guide before renaming the other Review Threads.

Like I've been saying for weeks, that magazine has been using that episode numbering system for months. I don't know why we should suddenly be following it.

Musashi said:
Like I've been saying for weeks, that magazine has been using that episode numbering system for months.

Which means we should have updated all our lists months ago.

Like most sites that insist on counting Barboach episode even in dub order (sic!).

New picture.

JmZst.jpg

That guy is wearing a Watchog suit.
Fishing Sommelier - Dent Enters!
Bel appears again infront of Satoshi etc., who are continuing on their adventure.
Upon hearing that a fishing tournament is being held in a Nearby City, the colour of Dent's eyes change.
Somehow he likes fishing so much he holds the name 'The Fishing Sommelier'.

Like most sites that insist on counting Barboach episode even in dub order (sic!).

If that was targeted at us, that's a leftover from before we had separate English and Japanese episode guides.

But yeah, guess it's time to change that, thanks for the heads-up.

I just think with Bianca's ditziness, she would've used Frillish in episode 27 and or 28. I hope it's just a capture and a release, same thing goes for Cilan, because episode 35 would've been a great place to use Basculin.

Also, I thought I created this thread, why did someone re-create it, that just seems stupid, but whatever.

It's showtime!

Per the Announcement at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom