• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW037 - Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right near the end, it looked like Ash was commanding Cilan to attack.

Ash catching Cilan in this episode = Confirmed!

Also, Cilan didn't catch the giant female Frillish, Bianca caught the normal female Frillish with her fishing rod, Cilan just helped.

Why would a Pokemon "hug" Ash like that?

I don't even...

why do I need a rood? I capture on with my hands!

In this preview i didn't saw a reason to move this ep ! but it will be probably something with Yannapus solar beam! ;) Looking forward to it!!

No Cilan lure? I guess that's why they made such a big deal out of it in the Palpitoad ep, it was the first time we saw it.

And sure enough, there is NO appearance of the Misty lure. I don't know why people actually thought we'd see that.

Why would a Pokemon "hug" Ash like that?

I don't even...
Ash always attracts the weird ones. JellyClingShipping, anyone?
Latiancas but be really jealous.

I don't think Bianca will catch anything, since in the Emolga episodes, she mentioned having a Pignite and Minccino. Unless she caught a Pokemon that can't battle on land (and even then, I'd suspect her of trying to use it on land anyway), I don't see her catching.

Looks like all fish hooks and lures are belong to Team Rocket, they all have similar lures with different colors. So, probably no Kasumi or Dent lures after all...

lurebelle.jpg

luredente.jpg

Eh I don't think those are lures. Those are bobbers, it looks like they are using Pokemon Food for bait.

So this big fishing tournament, where the winner receives a rod as a prize, was started by TRio?

One thing: Is Caste... um, the filler city, a giant canal system where water pokemon thrive? It seems that these are all wild pokemon, not pokemon that are kept under safari, like the other competitions in the past.

Another thing: I'm not expecting him to catch it, but this is one of those few rare opportunities where a wild pokemon is clinging on to Ash. Keep in mind that this is a GIANT Frillish.

Thirdly: Once again, Iris causes trouble on the grounds of finding a "cute pokemon." If anyone could "ever" find Basculin cute, and yes, Basculin are supposed to be that size in the anime.

At the very least, all four of the characters are making a contribution. I do wonder why Cilan is allowing Ash to command his Pansage in the battle against the Blue-Striped Basculin?

And sure enough, there is NO appearance of the Misty lure. I don't know why people actually thought we'd see that.

I don't think anybody else brought that up...

I wonder when will we see the dub of this episode. And which version...

What's edited, anyway? The only thing I can think they changed is Cilan's grass monkey seems like it may be pulled underwater and almost drown....I can't think of why else they skipped it. Its not like they edited out the Cilan lure or something.

I don't think anybody else brought that up...

I've seen a few people mention the Misty lure everytime we have another fishing episode. Don't know why, really, do we really need Iris/Cilan to name-drop Misty when they'll never meet her like Dawn didn't?

Gliscor'd, the first person in BMGf who mentioned the lure after the title was revealed was you.

And now I feel the need to ship female Frillish and Ash. FrillAsh?

Gliscor'd said:
What's edited, anyway?

Hiun City getting changed to a random filler city, at least.

If a pokemon used a move like Surf, I'm sure that's been edited out as well.

That is not a Giant Frillish, but I thought Basculin would be smaller than that and I loved how Iris just picked it up. I'm guessing that she find it cute, don't know why she would.

Okay, I think we can all call that scarily affectionate Frillish 'Disturbing Moment in Pokémon #1047'.

Well, well, well. The prize is a fishing rod. I thought as much. Although, they can't have it be the same rod Cilan's got now. Continuity and all. Or can they?

That is not a Giant Frillish, but I thought Basculin would be smaller than that and I loved how Iris just picked it up. I'm guessing that she find it cute, don't know why she would.

Basculin's "normal" height in the games is 1.0 meter (or a little over 3 feet in Imperial measurements). Basculin's "normal" weight is exactly 18 kilograms (a little under 40 lbs). If anything, that Blue-Striped Basculin should be "slightly" longer than what this episode made it out to be.

Though it is to be agreed that the female Frillish was intended to be larger than its usual size.

[video=youtube;jkoXQZA53Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkoXQZA53Yc&feature=feedu[/video]
The Preview If You Haven't Seen It
.Iris Finds The Pokemon Cute
.Team Rocket!!!
.Bel+Ash=Fishing Line

Last edited:
Aww, man. Why did they have to rename the episode? It still takes place in Castelia City, doesn't it?

Basculin's "normal" height in the games is 1.0 meter (or a little over 3 feet in Imperial measurements). Basculin's "normal" weight is exactly 18 kilograms (a little under 40 lbs). If anything, that Blue-Striped Basculin should be "slightly" longer than what this episode made it out to be.

Though it is to be agreed that the female Frillish was intended to be larger than its usual size.

I'm not doubting Basculin, just compared to Iris when she picked it up, I thought it would be smaller, but I still don't think that it is a "Giant" Frillish, probably a bit bigger, but not all Pokemon are exactly the same.

Right near the end, it looked like Ash was commanding Cilan to attack.
Ash catching Cilan in this episode = Confirmed!

Oooh, kinky ;D I mean...Haha, this looks pretty interesting! We finally get this episode after months of waiting, and from the looks of it, it's sure not to disappoint! *crosses fingers*

On the subject of that Frillish with Ash...
Oh dear lord, the fanart...

I expect Cilan lure to be used towards the end, when it seems like he's getting serious :p

Aww, man. Why did they have to rename the episode? It still takes place in Castelia City, doesn't it?
Nope. For continuity reasons, it appears that this episode has been moved to a filler city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom