• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW037 - Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked it up. It turns out that Frillish's average height is 3'11", so this is...normal size?!

...that Pururill is pretty... well, enormous. Or perhaps that's just what it looks like.

I'm quite curious about what Satoshi and Dento are doing towards the end of the preview. Looks like they're both commanding an attack, but Yanappu's all I see. Probably is just something really simple that's escaping me, lol.

I am disappointed the lure's are so generic. We now know why Ash was so impressed with the Cilan lure in the Palpitoad ep, that really was the first time he saw it. I wonder if the writers just didn't think about Cilan having a special lure when they made this ep.

In general though, it kind of surprises me how many fishing episodes they continue to make. Even in DP we had the summer school ep where they fished and the one where TR fished for Goldeen in the Twinleaf eps, and then Ash/Dawn fishing for Buizel where that infamous lure made its first return and final appearance.

In general though, it kind of surprises me how many fishing episodes they continue to make. Even in DP we had the summer school ep where they fished and the one where TR fished for Goldeen in the Twinleaf eps, and then Ash/Dawn fishing for Buizel where that infamous lure made its first return and final appearance.

This cartoon is produced in a country with one of the world's largest fishing industries. While it may not certainly be the case worldwide, the fishing industry is very important in Japan, and has long served as one of the country's most vital resources for both produce and labor.

Fishing is also a very important element in the Black and White video games, and has been the case since the first set of games back in Generation 1. Many water-type pokemon, such as Basculin and Frillish, can only be obtained either through a combination of the player character surfing or fishing. That was also the case with many of the pokemon that have been listed above in their respective generation of games.

TRio's Goldeen scooping attraction during the Twinleaf Festival was largely based off a traditional festival game which is culturally important in, again, Japan. This was why TRio only wanted to catch Goldeen in Lake Verity.

Last edited:
How do you know it was the first time he saw it? Just because it wasn't seen in the thirty second preview doesn't mean it doesn't appear, all though it would make more sense, why else would Ash be impressed by it?

I am disappointed the lure's are so generic. We now know why Ash was so impressed with the Cilan lure in the Palpitoad ep, that really was the first time he saw it. I wonder if the writers just didn't think about Cilan having a special lure when they made this ep.

D= They aren't even using lures, they are using bait with Pokemon food. What you think is the lure is actually the bobber that floats.

Looks like Iris doesn't use fishing rods when she's fishing. She catches them with her bare hands. And that doesn't surprise me- She is a wild girl after all.

We finally get to see this episode and it looks great from the preview. A very friendly female Pururill, Fishing Sommelier Dent, comedy antics, etc. Looking forward to this episode.

Bel, freakin awesome :D She caught herself a Satoshi :p Satoshi-Tachi are all fishing cool.

Team Rocket's crazy antics, another reason why I don't see huge a difference between AG TR and BW TR. Great to see them acting funny and crazy :D Him and Bel are spending quality time together, that doesn't meaning shipping either :p

Bel and Dento caught themselves a girl Purumiru, I kinda am hoping Bel would catch that Pokemon. But, it has a crush on Satoshi.

Oh, ;_; bless Iris's heart she's catching a fish the same way some people in the country do here in Mississippi. She really is at one with nature, and she has her shirt rolled up. That fish Pokemon is kinda cute, in a scary way.

Yanappu can swim good for a Grass Pokemon. They're both commanding an attack at the same time. Yanappu's Solar Beam turn around is freaking awesome, just like Goku's Kamehameha.

Iris did use a fishing rod in the preview, I guess she just prefers to catch it her way, that or she really likes Basculin. Just like how Frillish likes Ash. ;D

oh look another dent episode

why give so many eps to him and nearly none to brock

faggot writers

oh look another dent episode

why give so many eps to him and nearly none to brock

Probably for the same reason Misty didn't get many episodes and then May followed by Dawn got more screentime?

New characters are generally treated better than old ones.

I wonder if this still takes place before the Emolga episode.

They're moving this to a filler city?

uh-oh. Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, especially considering that it doesn't bode well for what they might do to the Plasma episodes if they ever air later? And how are the going to explain how the episode ends with Bianca travelling with them, and yet she's not in episode 40? Are they going to edit that scene out? *dies*. why couldn;t they just air it normally, without trying to shove it into continuity? They didn;t try to Edit charizard into the "Holiday Hi-jinx" and "Snow Way Out" episodes just because they were delayed, so why are they doing something like this now??

I'm going to say right now that I REALLY hope they don;t try to do the same thing to the Plasma episodes, assuming they do air. They're is just too much continuity between BW 22 and 25, and likely too much location specific stuff in those episodes for them to edit it out and NOT have it be terrible.

uh-oh. Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, especially considering that it doesn't bode well for what they might do to the Plasma episodes if they ever air later? And how are the going to explain how the episode ends with Bianca travelling with them, and yet she's not in episode 40? Are they going to edit that scene out? *dies*. why couldn;t they just air it normally, without trying to shove it into continuity? They didn;t try to Edit charizard into the "Holiday Hi-jinx" and "Snow Way Out" episodes just because they were delayed, so why are they doing something like this now??

I'm going to say right now that I REALLY hope they don;t try to do the same thing to the Plasma episodes, assuming they do air. They're is just too much continuity between BW 22 and 25, and likely too much location specific stuff in those episodes for them to edit it out and NOT have it be terrible.

Not to mention the plotholes that resulted from skipping the two parter. I'm sure Shopro won't even attempt to retcon the TP episodes. I can see how (though not why) they can retcon this episode but retconning the TP episode would result in plotholes galore. They aren't THAT stupid.

Huh! Aw, this episode doesn't sound fun too me. Fishing episodes are always boring anyway and he's already done the whole, look at my amazing extendable fishing rod aren't I the king of everything, routine. I like Dent, but so far all his episodes have been boring. I see him as quite a shallow character.

Maybe they'll release the real version of BW026 on DVD, with the mentions of Hiun City and stuff like that. And personally, I don't think BW023 and BW024 will air; I just think that they'll only be released on DVD so that there aren't any plotholes.

And personally, I don't think BW023 and BW024 will air; I just think that they'll only be released on DVD so that there aren't any plotholes.

Why? TV Tokyo said they'd air later on and they can edit the content if it's a problem.

Please stick to the topic of BW37 guys, and BW37 only.

uh-oh. Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, especially considering that it doesn't bode well for what they might do to the Plasma episodes if they ever air later?

This episode has no real continuity with anything, and can presumably easily be edited by having the narrator record another line in place of the one where he originally namedropped Hiun. Obviously that's not the case with BW23 and 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom