• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW042: Decisive Don Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Decisive Don Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

As Satoshi and Iris fight in the final round of the Don Battle tournament, Nyasu carries out the next part of the Rocket-Dan's plan…

*covers under umbrella*

Oh, anyway, IT. IS. FINALLY. OVER.

Iris won. Meh. I would have liked to see more strategy than just Excadrill, and Pikachu seemingly beating the crap out of each other.

Last edited:
Sweet Tamagawa animation + Excadrill beating the yellow rat = great battle

I was afraid that Pikachu would turn the tides after it nearly collapsed near the end of the the battle as in most of Satoshi's battles. Thank God the mole won. :p

More later after I've seen a better version of the episode.

I'm glad Iris won that, it would've been a cheap win for Ash considering Pikachu had absolutely no effective moves. When Best Wishes! started playing I thought there might've been a comeback on the horizon but thankfully not.

Onward to other things at last!

Battle?

...I cared most about seeing the rockets anyway. It was awesome to see them in the Ferris Wheel. and I loved how Dent and Cabernet were interacting. They did some weird motto...thing. Doesn't matter exactly what that was, I loved it :D

Oh, and Iris won some feathers. I am sooooo happy this thing is over! Bring on next week!

Attention Team Rocket: Please stop acting like you're still important to the story. You had your chance hundreds of episodes ago, and you blew it then. I would greatly appreciate you not cutting into the time where I could be watching a giant mole beat up an Electric rat, thank you very much.

Oh well, Ash had it coming.

Maybe now he'll teach Pikachu a move that can help him fight Ground Types (and Steel?).

Attention Team Rocket: Please stop acting like you're still important to the story. You had your chance hundreds of episodes ago, and you blew it then. I would greatly appreciate you not cutting into the time where I could be watching a giant mole beat up an Electric rat, thank you very much.
That is funny because they are a part of the plot.

I'm happy Iris won. But because of the breaks, this seemed like it took forever.
And the preview was great. I loveeeeed Scrafty and Scraggy together.

Hey hey, if there's a chance of seeing pretty Tamagawa Rockets, we WILL see pretty Tamagawa Rockets! :mad:

OMG ROCKETS ;___; YESSSS it feels like so long since we've seen you~

Something about feathers? idk.

I'm glad the Bel finally got her hands on Zoroa. I personally continued to find their antics involving Langley entertaining, but it's a good thing they'd decided to mix things up a bit this time. Plus, Luke got in on the action too, so that fleshed him out a little more. Though whether or not that matters at a point where we'll possibly not see him again is up to you to decide....

Ah, I'll have to catch the episode later but I can say that I am glad to her Iris won. The rockets appearing after such a long absence sounds very refreshing(to me at least).

I hope that the writers will be able to use all the characters here again but more spaced out (two at a time is fine but three is pushing it ). I think they all have some sort potential, and not exploring that would be a huge waste.

To be honest I do not care about battles as much as I do interaction so this whole tournament , while a little rocky, really makes me look forward to the coming rival/ major plot line/ etc. episodes. Now I'll have to kill time until I can actually watch the episode but eh , I don't mind.

The battle itself was somewhat intense, I really enjoyed it. :)

The battle itself was somewhat intense.

With the way Ash, and Iris were seemigly screaming all over the place...making those "OH SHIT" faces I though it was going to end in a tie. At least judging by the pictures at filb, I haven't seen the episode yet.

I'm still annoyed that she won, but w/e at this point, w/e.

Last edited:
With the way Ash, and Iris were screaming all over the place...making those "OH SHIT" faces I though it was going to end in a tie.
True, the battle was great - the expressions of the trainers and their reactions truly added up to the feeling of the battle.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom