• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW041 - Everyone Gathers! Don Battle!!

I can see Iris thinking she'll beat Trip with her Excadrill in a vain attempt to try to prove something, only for it to horribly backfire when Trip pulls out his Frillish/Jellicent. It's definitely the best Pokemon suited for beating Excadrill at this point. But, yes having her realize that she needs to get Emolga under would be alright. Just as long as she doesn't beat him, I'll be fine. Beating him would take away, what little amount of tension there is between Ash/Trip to begin with.
I could see there being a two on two battle with Kibago beating Banipuuchi. I'd love it if people who showed a certain strength in the Don Battle, got an invite to ride the Battle Subway. Banipuuchi takes on Doryuuzu and wins maybe, Kibago beat Banipuuchi and then next outcomes Shuuti's Janobii, after Kibago takes on an on slot of attacks and refuses to get down and lose Iris throws in the towel and says she doesn't want Kibago to get hurt further, Shuuti is impressed with how her Kibago wouldn't give up and that she knows her Pokemon's limits, and shows a interest in her. That reminds him of a certain someone.....

She then realizes if she wants to be a great trainer she has to train her Kibago and Doryuuzu a lot more then she does now.

I still stick by the whole her getting a Monozu thing. Perfect Problem Pokemon. Because they are blind, Monozu will bite at anything. They never stop biting, and are therefore dangerous to approach without taking precautions. They will also ram anything, ensuring that they always have bruises all over them.

Things just got a whole lot more interesting with this whole tournament thing going on! Not only we're probably gonna see the sexy Elesa, but there's gonna be a whole tournament with Ash, Iris, Cilan, and Trip competing in(and some Luke?). I'm glad characters like Cabernet(wonder what her English name will be), Bianca, and Kenyan are also be in this tournament. It's awesome to see Cabernet again and I'd love to see Cilan demolish her again if they face each other. Imagine how much full of win it would be to see her get destroyed by....DERP FISH!!! Plus I'd love to see Iris and Trip have a match.

Things just got a whole lot more interesting with this whole tournament thing going on! Not only we're probably gonna see the sexy Elesa, but there's gonna be a whole tournament with Ash, Iris, Cilan, and Trip competing in(and some Luke?). I'm hoping characters like Cabernet(wonder what her English name will be), Langley, and Kenyan would also be in this tournament. It'd be awesome to see Cabernet again and I'd love to see Cilan demolish her again if they face each other. Imagine how much full of win it would be to see her get destroyed by....DERP FISH!!! Plus I'd love to see Iris and Trip have a match.
Kenyan and Cabernet will be there. But, no Langley, probably because the writers feel it's too soon.

Episode summary:

映画を完成させたサトシ。今度はポケモンのバトル大会へと出場するため、ルークと共に
ライモンタウン(原文ママ)へとやってくる。大会の名称は「ポケモンバトルクラブ」のバトル
マネージャーであるドン・ジョージの名にちなんで「ドンバトル」。
そこにはサトシが旅で出会ったたくさんのトレーナーたちが集まっていた。
いつも自分の名前のアクセントにこだわるケニヤン。ポケモンソムリエールのカベルネ。
お騒がせのベル。そして、サトシのライバル・シューティたちだ。

Translators, please come to the rescue :)

This forum apparently hates Japanese. -.-

From what I understand, adyniz, it basically says that Don George, the manager of the Battle Club, is holding a Don Battle. Bianca, Kenyan, and Cabernet are there. And something about a rival for Ash. Pretty much stuff we already know.

Then again, I'm not a good translator. ._.

Last edited:

This forum apparently hates Japanese. -.-

Nope it just hates copy and pasted Japanese, it you write it out it's ok but, it rejects copy and paste.

Like Karamazov said, They enter the Battle Club Don Tourney with Luke at Raimon along with Sommelier Cabernet, Kenyan, and Bel.

Kenyan and Cabernet will be there. But, no Langley, probably because the writers feel it's too soon.

It's definatley too soon for Langley. I'd give her like 20 episodes before another appearance. BTW, I edited the post you quoted cause I found out that Kenyan and Cabernet are indeed in the episode after looking at Bulbapedia. Though I doubt that'll be her English name, but I could be wrong since they have kept Japanese names on ocassion. We'll know on Saturday.

Definatley can't wait for this episode!

Cilan vs Iris and Ash v.s. Cabernet. It would be hilarious and realistic for someone to beat Cabernet before she fights Cilan. Imagine her reaction when she and Cilan are on opposite sides

Nah, this episode apparently airs after the movie, so an evolution is possible.

Not to mention the show is 3 weeks above schedule (2 weeks once the fishing episode airs).

So many returning characters? I really hope this is at least a 3-parter.

So its Don (D-O-N) versus Don versus another Don. And we had a co-star/MC named Dawn.

Ok dats it, I'm D-O-N-E

@Karamazov

Hopefully it's N.

If its N and he faces off against Ash, that'd be freakin epic! I'm getting more and more excited for this episode. So many rivals facing off against our heros, I can't wait for the movie at the same time I really want to see this one :p

I wonder what the prize is and if there is a gimmick that separates it from the Pokemon League.

I hope there is special battle fields.

The prize better not be useless soothe bells like back in DP.

So then want do you want the prize to be? I hope it's an egg.
If it's an egg, I don't see anybody outside the main trio getting it. But I would see Cabernet might teach the kid to hold grudges and me vindictive. Bianca might drop the egg and smash it.

Ooh, I hope the prize is some kind of MacGuffin that prompts a frenzy of fan speculation only to never be referenced again.

This episode can't come quickly enough.

yeah.... it will be my favorite episode!
Look at the title! Everyone gathers! So, after looking for information about this episode, I realized that Bel, Kenyan, and Cabernet will participate! Not only Ash, Iris, Cilan, Trip, even Luke! I hope Bel, Cabernet, and Kenyan will appear with their new Pokemon! And I hope Trip will own more than 6 Pokemon, and wishing for Ash will use his Swadloon / Palpitoad / or his newly Roggenrola. I think Iris's Emolga won't choose Volt Swith because it's annoying the tournament!

I guess that Langely character isn't re-appearing?

*shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom