• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW042: Don Battle Tournament! Satoshi vs. Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW040-42: Don Battle Tournament

Okay, I'm confused.

The order fro round one was/will be: (losers' names slashed out)

Langley vs. RC1 (random character #1), RC2 vs. RC3
RC4 vs. RC5, Burgundy vs. Ash
Cilan vs. Trip, Bianca vs. Keniyan
Luke vs. RC6, Iris vs. Yoshihiko (aka RC7)

Given how a single elimination tournament works, they couldn't be the final round. Luke is fighting Iris in round 2, and its' confirmed that Iris fights Keniyan in Round 3, right?

Iris and Kenyan battle in the second round.

In other words, they scrambled all the names after the prelims just like every other tournament.

Okay. I just assumed, given the way it's set up with Ash and Langley. I should've seen that coming, but since it isn't a league tournament I never even considered it.

Then we switch Iris's second and third rounds with likely the same results. The way it was going to go, a couple minor characters/rivals were going to get pretty far one way or another. Even Burgundy if she fought one of the RCs instead of Ash.

Luke=Trollbias=Gary Stu=DEM=Bad writing(Ritchie's VA+Tourney)/0=NA
Ash won't win because of theTITAN that Luke is in the writer's eyes.

Uh, hello? I asked a question about the beginning of BW039.

Does Team Rocket's arrival in Nimbasa City indicate that we may see the postponed two-part Team Plasma episode soon?

And we keep answering it. No, it does not. Please stop bringing it up.

There was. It showed Tsutarja getting beat up pretty bad.

It might actually be dramatic if we didn't know they're going to win.

BW040: Pokémon Smash preview. *click on the spoiler button for the images :banana:*
75uiq.jpg

c9fof.jpg

oekpk.jpg

pykts.jpg

I'm really surprised there are no evo's for any of the main characters in this. As nice as having a tournament is, I would have liked to see one of Ash's Pokemon evolve, or maybe Iris' Axew, but it seems unlikely.

This is why Ash should have registered that rock-head instead of Pikachu, we could have seen that evolve.

It almost makes this entire tournament feel....dare I say it....kinda filler-ish.

And so what if it is?

given the lackluster prize the battles better be well worth it if we're not getting an evo from Ash, Iris or Cilan, otherwise this is going to feel to me like the summer school arc from sinnoh which i still dispise as it could've had more potential than it did.

Maybe we'll see in finals 1 evolution...maybe Pokabu. In tag battle tournament Shinji's Elekid evolved in the final battle
(and Pokabu really needs to evolve)

It does seem like a waste though, gathering all these characters together a few of which we didn't expect to see for a while (burgandy, Langly) and some we probably never thought we'd see again(Kenyan) have them all go at it and other than a lackluster prize being the "goal" point, what else is there to be gained here?

Cause other than Cilan defeating Trip (who I believe may throw the match to save face.) is the only unique plot twist of this entire event, everything else isn't that exciting overall.

I find Pokabu evolving very unlikely. As long as Bel has that evolution, nope.

Though, that goes to all the starters currently. I think Oshawott is the most likely, as the evolution is not on Ash's rival, and it still keeps the scalchop quirk.

Let's remember to keep general discussions about possible evolutions to this thread.

Last edited:

Well to me, this whole battle tournament has been boring so far. Not for nothing, but a lot of the characters just seem really dull, which kinda upsets me seeing as how they're all potential rivals. What's keeping things interesting to me are Langley and Bianca, and the fact that Cilan will beat Trip (shocker =o). I just hope to see things being spiced up come Thursday's episode.

And so what if it is?

Well I like the tournament and I like the characters involved, so I have no problem if the entire tournament essentially has no overall purpose.

Still, at the tag battle tournament it led to Paul releasing Chimchar....so I can't help but feel we should see some important plot point happen here.

Well I like the tournament and I like the characters involved, so I have no problem if the entire tournament essentially has no overall purpose.

Still, at the tag battle tournament it led to Paul releasing Chimchar....so I can't help but feel we should see some important plot point happen here.

And why does it have to?

We get to see all these characters together and interacting. There are some cool battles and we see our rivals new Pokemon. Isn't that good enough?

Yes, but 4 episodes is a long time to spend on something that doesn't advance the plot.

People had similar problems with the summer school arc in DP, which also went on for 4 episodes but nothing truly "important" happened in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom