• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW043: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

Oh no, Team Rocket doing evil things, how wrong is this

Quick reactions, because Aestivate is still at work!

- TR is plotting something. srsly. Nyarth is seriously adorable though, but I had a moment of 'wtf' when he called Iris Ojousama XD And we were trolled really really hard when Iris threw the ball HAHAHA. "NO ONE GETS ME"

- Pikachu's skepticism throughout this entire episode was extremely snarky. And being like, SUP ZURUZUKIN, and then I'M GONNA SHOCK YOU. LOL! U SO FUNNEH was also hilarious.

- Also, Zuruggu is amazingly, intensely adorable. I want to squish it and give it the biggest hug ever. I didn't think Zuruzukin was adorable until it started crying. And everyone turned him down when he wanted to get his house back. Way to up the badass level! Yay for learning new attack :D

- Also, Dent knowing about Nyarth's nyagotiating tactics because he watches a lot of movies just cements him even further as an eiga sommelier and a nerd. Return of Detective Dent makes my life. Cue overly dramatic music and baritone MamoMiya and interrogation room scene. I was positively fucking dying. XD I still don't know what he says - "IT's TORESHIRAMU TIME"

- Tsutarja's reflex to attack Nyarth was the funniest thing ever, especially her "Tarja?" wtf rseponse when Satoshi tells her.

- A lso Satoshi, "Hottokenai" is not your phrase. Taiki wonders when he xrosed over to the PokeAni (I'M SO PUNNY HAHAHAHLSKFJASLKFJSL)

- So Mandibuzz stole Zuruzukin's home because... the Mandibuzz took his food? wat. This entire plot to steal peoples' homes and kicking peoples out of their homes is so incredibly convoluted XD

- Loved this episode because it was utterly hilarious.

Last edited:
It's true that that things MAY (I'm still waiting for a confirmation) be an explosive, but that won't make them terrorists, I think. I mean, it does make them a bit terrorist, but I'm sure nobody will clearly die or something because of them.

People probably won't die because of a bomb in Pokemon, but the symbolism is the same.

Nobody commenting on how amazing the animation was between Pokabu and Zuruzukin? It really highlighted Pokabu's strength.

I think I might have jumped the gun when I said that J/J were planting explosives in the subway. They could easily be sensor devices or devices that could very well cancel out the subway's electrical system.

Nimbasa City has always been known for its heavy use of electricity. J/J were checking out the schematics of the entire city and had evaluated both the subway system and the Ferris wheel. J/J clearly need something that is not readily available to them for the final phase of their plan. Meowth told J/J to leave it to him to obtain this final item in the previous episode. I don't think it is a coincidence that Meowth had purposely decided to align himself with the twerps.

Meowth obviously needs them for something, and I believe that the twerps are the key to the final phase of this plan. Another big tip off was that Meowth claimed that TRio were summoned by Giovanni to discuss Meowth's discharge, yet J/J mentioned at the end of this episode that it was Professor Zager who gave them this mission in the first place.

This was a fun episode. We finally get some fun time with Meowth and the twerps. The only thing distracting me was the two Mandibuzz. Were they lesbians and one of them wanted to go back together? Or were they sisters and were having siblings argument about foods?

Oddly enough, the second Mandibuzz is larger and has a deeper pitched voice than the first Mandibuzz. Furthermore, the second Mandibuzz was guarding a nest. There were no other Mandibuzz seen during this episode so we can assume that they are mating.

I don't want to think that the writer of this episode forgot that Mandibuzz is a female-only species.

it seems like an interesting episode. Nice to see Mandibuzz and scrafty .I wish ash caught Mandibuzz, it would make a decent backup to his normal bird. Or just throw it into the main party I mean it is so freakin awesome looking .

The two Mandibuzz were presumably mating so it wasn't like Ash and co. felt it was right to catch either one of them.

Last edited:
Nobody commenting on how amazing the animation was between Pokabu and Zuruzukin? It really highlighted Pokabu's strength.

Was just about to write about that, actually.

Pokabu's Heat Stamp rocket was freaking awesome.

Oddly enough, the second Mandibuzz is larger and has a deeper pitched voice than the first Mandibuzz. Furthermore, the second Mandibuzz was guarding a nest. There were no other Mandibuzz seen during this episode so we can assume that they are mating.

I don't want to think that the writer of this episode forgot that Mandibuzz is a female-only species.

The two Mandibuzz were presumably mating so it wasn't like Ash and co. felt it was right to catch either one of them.

Being sisters would make more sense as there has not been any direct homosexuality in Pokemon yet.

I'm disappointed. In a World where TR are no longer good characters in my eyes, I'd very much like Nyarth to be caught and trained by Iris.
It would have been great because it's such an odd thing to have happen. Too good to be true.

Maybe it's just me, but I always loved Nyarth and Pikachu as a double act? They always made me laugh when they hung around together.

Being sisters would make more sense as there has not been any direct homosexuality in Pokemon yet.
Yes, seriously. I doubt there will be homosexual Pokemon on a kids show. The larger Mandibuzz is most likely the pack leader or the older sister to the smaller one.
The most "gay" we got in the show was James' cross-dressing bouts in Kanto/Johto, that's sorta it. That was played to be a more goofy than a serious interpretation of his character.

On topic, this episode was awesome. Not surprised Meowth broke free from Iris' clutches, but somehow I hope he takes a real liking to the twerps (I think this whole "got fired from TR" is a ploy as well). Scrafty was also awesome, and hope Ash's Scraggy will evolve sometime down the line.

In before the dub changes the two Mandibuzz into "cousins"!!1

this episode was fucking boring

just a lot of talk not a lot of things actually happening

I belive this is just a trick from meowth:

1 giovanni is still missing so how would he fire meowth
2 J/J will never release meowth like that
3 meowth is a very important character that will always be needed in later sages

why one of the bird pokemon was axti as a MALE while we both know they are FEMALES ?

What do you mean, Giovanni is still missing?! We can see him inside the R shaped TV screen.

Meowth: Fired?!
Musashi: This is goodbye, Nyarth.
Kojirou: See you.

There was more than this :p. I'm curious about the Sakaki part and the running away from the police part too.

Was an alright episode I guess. Scraggy, and Tsutarja remain the best parts of Ash's team. Tepig is still boring as hell. I'm glad Meowth stayed pretty much in character throughout the entire thing, and broke out of the Pokeball.

why one of the bird pokemon was axti as a MALE while we both know they are FEMALES ?

Are you saying females can't have deep voices, relatively? Not all females have high soprano voices.

Aww! Tepig and Axew are running about! Hang on, did they finish lunch early? Just count the food bowls. Anyway, something's in the shrubbery! Meowth pretending to be unconcious, of course! He stops that after the twerps treat his alleged injuries.

What's the sob story? Your stock-standard cops-showed-up-and-I-got-caught, it seems. With an addendum of my-two-best-friends-abandoned-me. Of course, this wouldn't be complete without Meowth faking an over-the-top, I-travelled-for-so-long-on-my-own. ...Huh, that's a lot of dashes.

Then the twerps decide to take him along. Funny that Pikachu isn't smiling at this, being all :< faced.

A mite early to be be rubbing your paws in evil glee, eh, Meowth? Oh, hello. Something shiny (looks kinda like a bottlecap to me) on a piece of string. That old chestnut. Axew falls for it quickly and is met with a ganster! Er, sorry, a Scrafty! In short order, Axew is stuffed down Scrafty's pants. There's no way to make that sound right, is there? Anyways, after it!

Hold up, Meowth wants to handle this situation. Before anything else happens, a cottage window goes boom. Thank you, Dragon Rage! Scrafty looks piiiissed. Oh boy.

Meowth has words with Scrafty, then reports back to the twerps. I'd have more things to say if could actually watch the episode, but meh.

Yikes, Axew's been tied up. Poor thing. More words exchanged between cat and lizard. Ash and Pikachu go up the cliffs to get a better look into the house. Talking continues, and Iris appears to say something to bring Meowth down to the dumps.

Ash decides to send out Scraggy, who promptly Headbutts the ground. Meowth stepped aside just in time. Snivy is brought out too and Meowth is introduced to her vines. That also sounds a bit wrong.

Cut to Nimbasa, where the two Rocket humans are in the subway. Dare I ask what they just planted?

Back with the twerps, Meowth attempts to reason with Scrafty once more, Scraggy in tow this time. Looks like that's because Scraggy asking to see Scrafty's High Jump Kick is a good enough diversion to get Snivy to retrieve Axew.

With that done, Meowth points out to Scrafty that its hostage has gone, that being distracting enough for Pikachu to unleash Thunderbolt. Stunned only briefly, the gangster lizard attacks. Tepig is sent in. Narrowly dodging pain from above, the pig rushes in with Tackle. Dodging the High Jump Kick that happens next works well, courtesy of the miss damage. Ember and Focus Blast get flung about before Flame Charge finishes the fight.

It's interrogation time! I gotta wonder who's having the fantasy here. Anyway, Scrafty spills its guts and breaks down in tears. A Mandibuzz is the source of its woes. Gangster lizard ascends the cliffs and gets hit with Shadow Ball for its trouble.

Scraggy to the rescue! Another Shadow Ball throws his timing off and Mandibuzz dives in, ready to strike with her beak. Doesn't work well for her, as her head gets stuck in the ground. Scraggy takes this chance to show off his new move to knock the vulture out.

Great, now Mandibuzz has the waterworks. What's her problem? Another Mandibuzz, apparently. Meowth and the first Mandibuzz approach with an apple-tastic peace offering. I take that Shadow Ball as a rejection. But that's no deterrent, as the appley goodness still stands.

Sunset now, Iris decides to put Meowth in a Poké Ball. He breaks out and lashes out at her for that. Lovin' Pikachu's -_- face.

One last cut to the Rockets. This plan's gonna be big, huh? Gotta wonder if Meowth's with the twerps to get them to stop dawdling and get to Nimbasa already. =P

This was a great episode I gotta say.

- Pokabu won an awesome battle and Zuruggu learned a new move.
- Meowth was really entertaining tbh and so were Ash's other Pokémon (Zuruggu, Pikachu, Tsutarja). :D
- Awesome TR sequences as always, you can tell writers are planning something.
- I loved Pikachu's face expressions, a mouse should never trust a cat.
- The Dento scene was far too short however. <_<

I can also safely say that Meowth is faking this but the whole Nyagotiator business happened accidentally - he didn't hire Zuruzukin like some thought. This was a perfect opportunity for him to get under their skin and make him look like a good guy. Another reason why I think he's faking is the scene when they're talking to the Giovanni. I doubt he would suddenly show up in a flashback and Jessie/James did say that the mission was given to them by Zeger so there was no mention of Giovanni.

I'm really excited about this. Writers have shown that they can pull a good episode (the TR VS TP two-parter looked AMAZING) so I have no reason to doubt that the next plot-centric isn't going to be the same. They're clearly heading somewhere with this, and I truly hope Plasma is involved.

And I dunno if I'm the only one - but I lol'd at the scene where Pikachu shocked Zuruzukin and then ran off cheerfully. XD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom