• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW043: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

Just watched the episode. As mentioned already, Scraggy and Snivy attacking Meowth was the icing on the cake. I chucked when Snivy succeeded.

Undecided on Meowth right now. Feels like a grand scheme, especially with the somewhat exaggerating story. Going to continue watching what conclusion this will bring.

I just remembered to check to see if the credits are any different. For any episode the Rockets are in, the credits have been:

Satoshi
Pikachu
Dent
Iris
Kibago

Musashi
Kojiro
Nyasu

This is how the credits are for this episode:

Satoshi
Pikachu
Dent
Iris
Kibago

Musashi
Kojiro

Nyasu

Very interesting they actually changed the credits to denote how he's separate from the others now.

I think the show will become much more fun if Meowth stays with them :) And why would Meowth be undercover, they don't have anything to get from them except Pikachu, and i don't think that's their priority now :p

I actually enjoyed this episode, Meowth works well with the group, and Scraggy learning a new move was cool. Too bad Meowth will only be with them for a few episodes, from what I've seen.

Hm, so Meowth joins the team, Tepig and Scraggy both get wins, and lesbian Mandibuzzes? Awesome.

On the subject of Meowth, I really have a hard time believing this is anything but a double-cross scam going on. Why exactly... I'm not sure. If Meowth really is trying to trick Ash and his friends, what would be the reason? Ash and Pikachu aren't exactly the super trainer and Pokemon they were in past arcs, so I have a hard time believing he'd get in Team Rocket's way... unless this is just the writers being inconsistent derps and thinking Ash really is a threat to their plans, to which I'd have to point out that just last week Ash used Pikachu against an Excadrill and pathetically lost, then I'd whack them upside the head.

In the last episode, Meowth said he was going to be the one who rely on for the next phase of the plan, is it the double-cross that's the phase, or did he mess up that phase and that's why he was fired? Considering the writers are being about as silent about Team Rocket's goals as Sony is with their response to hackers, I have no effing idea.

But on another subject, I'm interested in how Meowth will behave after the double-cross (assuming it'll happen). Will he just go back to being bad again and we'll just have to ignore all that nya-gotiator stuff they established, or will he have grown fond of Ash and his friends and want to save them in the end? The latter would be very emotional and touching, so I have feeling it'll be the former. :V

I wonder why Scraggy and Snivy attacked Meowth despite no orders from Ash. I know Meowth is anything but their friends but you'd think they would only attack if Ash said so. I mean, it seemed a bit forced.

I wonder why Scraggy and Snivy attacked Meowth despite no orders from Ash. I know Meowth is anything but their friends but you'd think they would only attack if Ash said so. I mean, it seemed a bit forced.

Its in Scraggy's nature to headbutt anyone in contact. As for Snivy she did attack Cabernet without being ordered by Ash same goes for Emolga. Its just part of her personality.

The opening scene got me wondering... we saw Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Pansage all enjoying breakfast while Axew and Tepig played. So, what about all the other Pokemon in the group. What? Do they rotate around which Pokemon eat at a time (because, it's not like they were sitting in a vast open plain), or do certain Pokemon have to do without certain days?

Cilan: It's favouritism time! Right, Pansage gets to eat breakfast today. Dwebble, I'm pretty bored of you and Stunfisk couldn't even defeat a Fire-type Pokemon so nothing for you today either. Hey, wait until tomorrow. I might let you eat then.

I'm guessing they had already finished eating and they were playing while waiting for everyone else. Then again, your little scenario's fun too. =P

They must've changed the entire sound effect team to a new one, because almost all of the sound effects sounded new... And the audio volume levels seemed to be stronger too. Same with the background music.

I hope we see more of the Nyasuhead-shaped transition thing in future episodes, I thought it was cute.

nyasu seemed a little dramatic about his story in the biggining.
and i think that mandibuzz are both genders in the anime.

Can the show just be like this from now on? Nyasu works waaaaaaaay better as the goofy sidekick of the group, and Musashi and Kojiro can be taken a bit more seriously on their own.

Agreed! Meowth will probably go back to Team rocket, but I'm going to enjoy this for as long as it lasts!

I'll be honest, I didn't like this episode.

I'll get to the biggest point - Meowth. It's so obvious that his story isn't entirely legitimate; even in the past when Meowth has had to work with the twerps, there was always friction between them, but this time, Meowth was a complete suck up (Calling Iris a Princess? Geez...why not just hump her leg while you're at it?). Throughout this episode, he seemed too nice. I did find Snivy's reaction to being sent out pretty understandable, and I love how the only one who suspects the cat is Pikachu (he's been a keen little rat in the past; I think his constant glances are the writers telling us that something's up - as if it isn't obvious already).

Then there was the whole Scrafty thing. Was I the only one who thought Ash went a little overboard? Saving Axew, then getting Pikachu to go down just for the sake of giving Scrafty a "F--- you thunderbolt!"? Also, the Mandibuzz thing was just plain stupid - even Meowth pointed out that it was Mandibuzz's fault; for taking Scrafty's home, she's just a jerk. Rather than shoe-horning in the whole Mandibuzz thing, they should have spent more time on Scrafty.

The biggest plus about this episode was Team Rocket; in fact, it got me hyped for the Battle Subway two-parter. I also wish Cilan's Investigation Time had lasted longer, being so short, it almost felt like I was watching Family Guy (You know what I mean >>).

Also, there was a perfectly good, defeated Mandibuzz there. Instead of trying to catch Meowth randomly, Iris should have tried to nab that.

(Calling Iris a Princess? Geez...why not just hump her leg while you're at it?)

"Princess"? Sure, "ōjosama" and "ojōsama" are semi-similar, but you'd think someone familiar with the former is capable of distinguishing the two, being that the latter is what dumb fansubbers tend to refuse to translate.

"Princess"? Sure, "ōjosama" and "ojōsama" are semi-similar, but you'd think someone familiar with the former is capable of distinguishing the two, being that the latter is what dumb fansubbers tend to refuse to translate.
You'd be surprised. I once watched a fansub of the first Fullmetal Alchemist movie that was barely comprehensible.

Still, he was sucking up quite a bit to the twerps xD

That he was, but I can't imagine how you'd think he was calling her a "princess".

That he was, but I can't imagine how you'd think he was calling her a "princess".
*mumbles*The fansubber obviously mistranslated*mumbles* Thinking about it though...boy, I was stupid for not picking up it was an error xD

To be honest, before, when I heard all the "Team Rocket are out of character!" stuff, I just sighed and thought people were being crazy...but in this episode, it kinda shows how out of character Meowth is now.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry, didn't think you got it from bad fansubs, but rather "translated" it yourself. My bad.

Ah, sorry, didn't think you got it from bad fansubs, but rather "translated" it yourself. My bad.
No problem. I wish I was confident enough in my Japanese to mistranslate something and think I got it right xD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom