• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW043: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

To be honest, before, when I heard all the "Team Rocket are out of character!" stuff, I just sighed and thought people were being crazy...but in this episode, it kinda shows how out of character Meowth is now.

If anything, it proves what I've been saying about how the Rockets have been in character the whole time. They just act different depending on the situation.

I REALLY liked this episode! Nyasu was so cute~ I like how Dent cared about him. Ash seemed to warm up to him, too, though perhaps too quickly. Nice to see Pikachu mistrusting, though! :3

Iris throwing the ball at Nyasu really irked me, though. >> It was just brash and rude. Zuruzukin was cute, though~

I know my grammar sucks, but I am not from England or USA and do not know grammar very well. Feel free to edit.

I have been looking forward to watching this episode for foreveeeeer, and I finally did. :D It was pretty entertaining; I loved watching Nyasu interact with the group, and Zuruggu was cute as ever.

First off, Nyasu had great chemistry with the group, especially Dent. Like many others have said, I think he fits right in with them, and I wouldn't mind him staying around for a while longer. It's cool that he can put his speaking ability to good use; imagine how much help he can be in those "help the cotd" filler episodes! :p On a more serious note, his nyagotiating was awesome and portrayed well in this episode.

Next, Zuruggu was splendid throughout the episode's entirety. <3 Seriously, he's, like, the cutest thing ever on this show. I'm glad that he learned a new move, but I think it would have been better had Satoshi trained with him more. It was believable, though, with Zuruzukin teaching it.

Furthermore, I thought Zuruzukin was a good potd. It had an interesting enough personality, and I like that it kidnapped Kibago. >:D I couldn't help but laugh when it was crying, though; like, tough guy, where'd you go? xD But Vulgina did look freaky to me at first - if a bigass bird like that tried stealing my home, I think I'd cry, too.

Finally, I'm curious to find out exactly what Musashi and Kojiro are doing. I don't think Nyasu was really fired from Rocket-dan; Pikachu was shown being able to tell something was up, which I think implies something (even if it's just trust issues regarding Nyasu's history with them). Though Nyasu's speech on friendship with that Vulgina makes me think it's going to take into consideration the friendships he forms with the group when it has to betray Satoshi-tachi in the future (if I'm right in thinking this is all just a scam). I look forward to this.

Overall, this episode was perfect coming out of the tournament arc that hogged the whole summer. I'm ready for more Nyasu x group interactions (specifically Dent ;D), and I really want to see how the Rockets' mission unfolds.

I loved how, of all things, it was Meowth's idea that Scrafty teach Scraggy a new move. That's the most unique way a Pokemon has ever learned a new move in the entire series.

The most "gay" we got in the show was James' cross-dressing bouts in Kanto/Johto, that's sorta it. That was played to be a more goofy than a serious interpretation of his character.

I thought it was heavily implied that Harley was gay from the beginning?

Aw crap, how could've I forgotten Harley of all characters? Then again, I never really watched AG.

Despite him, we still haven't seen a "gay" Pokemon, and I doubt we will.

This is FAR from the topic to discuss homosexual characters or Pokemon in the anime, implied or not. End it, please.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom