• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW043: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

It was getting near the episode, and the Nyasu capture scene hadn't happened yet. I was getting REALLY scared that it was going to be a cliffhanger! Phew!

Willing to ignore the fact that Axew could've probably just outraged out of those ropes, and thrown Scrafty into orbit for all the good humor.

Also, evidently, Tepig can practically fly with Flame Charge. So evidently, in the Pokemon world, pigs can fly.

Last edited:
The opening scene got me wondering... we saw Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Pansage all enjoying breakfast while Axew and Tepig played. So, what about all the other Pokemon in the group. What? Do they rotate around which Pokemon eat at a time (because, it's not like they were sitting in a vast open plain), or do certain Pokemon have to do without certain days?

Cilan: It's favouritism time! Right, Pansage gets to eat breakfast today. Dwebble, I'm pretty bored of you and Stunfisk couldn't even defeat a Fire-type Pokemon so nothing for you today either. Hey, wait until tomorrow. I might let you eat then.

I did like seeing how Hi Jump Kick deals miss damage. It seems that the Pokemon doesn't keep going and crashes, but rather the energy (since it isn't delivered to the opponent) backfires and hurts the user.

Unfortunately, this shows why TPCi should translate some of the names of the Japanese attacks better. When this is dubbed, kids will be wondering why 'Hi Jump Kick' is more like 'Short hop knee'. It's like calling an attack Aerial Ace only for a ton of Pokemon unable to fly getting to learn it.

Last edited:
I was kinda mad at the end of the episode that the wild Zuruzukin/Scrafty just dissapeared, and they forgot about it. I think they could've at least say goodbye or something.

SCRAGGY LEARNED HI JUMP KICK! Meh to the Nyagotiating, Tepig, and No Roggenrola for too long.
Also, did Mandibuzz use Pluck or Peck when its beak glowed blue-white like that?

I was kinda mad at the end of the episode that the wild Zuruzukin/Scrafty just dissapeared, and they forgot about it. I think they could've at least say goodbye or something.

That's because Scrafty got its home back. Which was the whole point. Mandibuzz (leader) kicked Mandibuzz (moocher) which stole Scrafty's home to take for its own.

No reason for Scrafty to keep following them or appear again after it got its home back.

I didn't think that Iris would catch Meowth but I was on edge when she threw the Pokeball and came close - then he escaped at the last minute. Boy, was I a bit nervous for a second there.

A fun episode overall, but now I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole event with Meowth turns out even more.

Hmm yes, the music in this episode was unusually good. I know they used a lot of movie music, but it felt still very refreshing. (I wonder if they have started using BGM from the Victini movies yet?)

Nah, I really doubt think there was any Victini movie music in this episode. It's usually a good while before they start using the recent movie's music in the series. There definitely was a good amount of Zoroark and Arceus movie music in this episode, though. I agree that it feels kinda refreshing... It's always nice when new music is used.

Not to bring up the most boring of aspects of the show again, but on the subject of sound, like last week's episode, there were lots of new sound effects used here too.

I rewatched and I think I noticed a couple of new sound effects too, although I'm not really sure. It does help give the show a little bit of freshness.

Last edited:
Funniest part of this episode for me was the tantrum Meowth threw after managing to break out of Iris's pokeball. I'm not surprised he took it so badly, to be honest. The abrupt motions Iris made to claim him as her own weren't too far removed from Bianca's initial treatment of Emolga, in trying to thrust her ownership upon the hapless pokemon without so much as an offer of battle first. XD

I liked the Scrafty too, which did surprise me, given that I've always been so very meh about the reptillian hoodie in the games. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ash's own lizard evolve into one some day.

So yeah, overall a very cute and enjoyable episode. If this is all a giant deception on Meowth's part, then it's interesting how they've decided to play it straight for the time being, with only one or two fairly subdued potential hints (as opposed to making his intentions painfully obvious from the go). Either way, I look forward to what future developments Meowth travelling with the twerps might bring. The chemistry certainly already has me purring. :3

I didn't think that Iris would catch Meowth but I was on edge when she threw the Pokeball and came close - then he escaped at the last minute. Boy, was I a bit nervous for a second there.

I was exactly the same. Although I was pretty certain that Meowth wouldn't be caught, just before Meowth broke out the Poke Ball stopped shaking and I actually thought it was going to PING! I doubt I was the only one.

Iris Threw a Poke Ball at meowth!
*Shakes 5 times and stops*
*Meowth comes out*
Shoot so close!
It was really close though I love the way meowth is when it releases him he is curled up in a ball which makes me wonder if its cramped inside a pokeball.Anyway pretty good episode everything I thought would happen happened so not many surprises.

Looking at the episode it seemed like Scraggy's headbutt did get a little stronger. I don't recall, has it ever crushed rocks before?

Excuse me if I sound stupid, but has Scraggy (or Snivy) actually seen Team Rocket before? I can't remember. Which is why it's a little odd they both attacked Meowth.

Jessie tried to catch Snivy and Meowth attacked her.

As for Scraggy, it wouldn't make any difference, since his shtick is to headbutt every new face. It's in his jeans genes.

I find it funny they waited 705 episodes to show someone throw a Pokeball at Meowth.

Makes you wonder why Dawn didn't do something like this back when DP first started...before she knew TR.

Jessie tried to catch Snivy and Meowth attacked her.

While true, I don't know if that's a good enough reason, since Snivy couldn't have been aware of how "bad news" they were.

But I chalk it up to maybe some off-screen stuff happened that really showed Snivy how bad Team Rocket were, or maybe Ash warned his Pokemon.

Excuse me if I sound stupid, but has Scraggy (or Snivy) actually seen Team Rocket before? I can't remember. Which is why it's a little odd they both attacked Meowth.

At first I was wondering that too (but with Snivy), Scraggy I really remember being involved in the Cottonee episode which involved Team Rocket. Snivy though only a passing appearance of them in BW007. If I'm not mistaken the only Pokemon that haven't seen Team Rocket (from Ash's side) is Palpitoad and Swadloon.

Good ep, though the ending was a little disappointing... I thought they'll end it without revealing if Meowth was caught or not, but then it came out and apparently said it doesn't want to be caught... I really wanted Iris to catch it, but whatever... now I at least hope that it'll actually stay with the group for real permamently and not just for a few eps
And LOL at Snivy immediately attacking Meowth XD and it was nice to see Tepig out doing stuff too

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom