• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW043 - Nyagotiator Nyasu! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW043 - Nyasu Episode

Well, if Meowth DOES get captured, there would be a 0% chance of TR staying another region.

Well, if Meowth DOES get captured, there would be a 0% chance of TR staying another region.

Unless of course, Iris and Cilan stick around as well in which they could still appear.

True, but how would TR get on for another region without Meowth? How would Meowth react to fighting his former friends?

True, but how would TR get on for another region without Meowth? How would Meowth react to fighting his former friends?
Probably something similar to how Chimchar reacted towards his former Trainer, Paul. :3c

Maybe casting Meowth off to the twerps is supposed to be the writers way of getting us to stop sympathising with the Tduo.
So they can set them up as real villains or something.
Or they've been doing crack.

First the TRio dumping their old pre-BW Pokémon and turning serious, then us getting entire episodes without them appearing for even a second (unthinkable before BW), and now Nyarth being dumped from the Rockets and (possibly) caught by Iris. If the latter turns out to be true and sticks for more than an episode or two, it'll be another sign that the entire Rocket organization will meet its end before Best Wishes is over.

Perhaps if Nyarth does indeed stay with Iris, then after BW ends Iris may then travel to Kanto (and/or Johto, Hoenn, etc.) to capture some of the local Dragon Pokémon, and there Nyarth will come across Madonnya/Meowzie.

This might also be another step towards the full realization of the new serious/competent incarnations of Musashi and Kojiro (eh, Winterdaze beat me to this part), in which their Pokémon evolve into a Kokoromori and Desukarn respectively, and then they go on to capture a legendary (i.e. Reshiram) and/or get promoted to Rocket Admins. Only to suffer their most crushing defeat ever once Satoshi's party reaches full power again, like at the end of AG and DP.

I really like the development here plus I can 100% see meowth staying with the gang.

The more I think about it, the less I find it likely that Meowth will stick with the gang.

I simply can't imagine Meowth with anyone other but Team Rocket.

They could end up keeping him with the kids for most of the series, thinking that Jessie and James have betrayed him and having that be a plot point in several episodes, eventually having the three of them reconcile in time for an epic finale in which they finally leave the organisation for good.
Maybe J&J neglect their friendship with him because they've let their success go to their heads. Maybe they've let him go without a fuss for some ulterior motive, perhaps to keep him out of harms way.

I wouldn't mind if this ended up as a deal that only lasts a few episodes, but it'd be really cool if they could make this go on for a while and have it lead up to something meaningful for the TRio.

It's DP, anything can happen... oh wait.

I found out about this news at noon today.

It is currently 7:02 here, and I'm still just going 'Wut?' every now and then when I look at this.

I don't know why it had to be Iris who catches him, however this could give Meowth a good storyline. This could allow him to show a lot of emotions too anger/sadness and have him see whats it like to be with a good trainer, if he likes it or not. If Team Rockets Jessie/James are the ones who did all this to him, than the battles between them would be intresting to see.

They could end up keeping him with the kids for most of the series, thinking that Jessie and James have betrayed him and having that be a plot point in several episodes, eventually having the three of them reconcile in time for an epic finale in which they finally leave the organisation for good.
Maybe J&J neglect their friendship with him because they've let their success go to their heads. Maybe they've let him go without a fuss for some ulterior motive, perhaps to keep him out of harms way.

I wouldn't mind if this ended up as a deal that only lasts a few episodes, but it'd be really cool if they could make this go on for a while and have it lead up to something meaningful for the TRio.
Mm-h I totally agree with this, I think this is a really good opportunity for some very decent character development for the rockets. In the end they have to realize that their friendship and identity are more important than their job. Especially since I still think this series will be the last one for Musashi and Kojiro.

Perhaps we will get Musashi and Kojiro centered "arcs" like this Nyasu one later in the series, where they have to quit TR (not for just one episode, but for a longer time) and do something else for a while, or something.

One thing that will be worth looking out for is if Meowth's personality changes in any way after his possible capture. Like since he has been captured, will he blindly obey Iris like all other captured Pokemon seem to do? This wouldnt really be noticable with other Pokemon seeing as how they cant talk or express much emotion.

Also, if Meowth is no longer in the Trio, this could lead the way for Wobbuffet's return to fill the void left by Meowth, or a new Pokemon entirely.

I would picture the purrloin in the very next episode soon or a later filling the trio void.I mean it already has the walking on 2 legs down which is kinda cool.Also it just seems like purrloin could fill the void or the creators are making us think that it almost seems there setting it up that way.

Him getting captured would just give him an opportunity to have a personality again as opposed to the BW wet cardboard TR. I don't think he would change to being totally submissive.

i can't remember but i guessed ive said somewhere in a thread that i wish Meowth to be more of a Pokemon than like a normal human character, and now there's gonna be this possibility that he will be.. but im still doubtful if this Iris' said capture will be successful..

Why would anyone be mad? Its like back in DP where anything could happen...or something.

But it may not stick so there's not much to say.

Again, I really can't see Meowth staying unless, TR is disbanded next season or Iris and Cilan stick around for another region. Meowth doesn't seem like the type of person who wants to stay captured anyway.

Having Iris capture it just seems......random. Ash of course wouldn't do it, so I guess that just leaves Cilan and Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom