• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW051 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is about the double battle with the subway masters, not the other episodes. Let's stay on topic please.

Are we so sure Ash/Cilan will lose? That shot at the end of the preview shows the twins Pokemon looking pretty run down.

Yeah, that's what they want us to believe. This will be just another loss for the two of them. While it would be nice to see them win, I just can't see it happening.

Yanappu and Pokabu are hanging tough true, but I wonder how's this going to work? Pokabu's Nitro Charge, Ember, and Flamethrower are useless against Shaderraa if it has the "Flash Fire" ability. So, is Tackle since Tackle is a Normal move. Yanappu's Solar Beam and Bullet Seed wouldn't have much of any affect against a Fire Type either. Can Yanappu even use Dig when he's on a Subway? That would be perfect for taking down Shanderaa and Shibirudon, except Dig might not work on a moving electric Subway. Meaning Bite would be the best choice to deal with Shanderaa, unless Shanderaa has "Flame Body" as an ability. Hell, even if Dig works on the Subway it'd be useless against a Pokemon like Shibirudon with the ability, "Levitate".

Pokabu should be doing his main fighting against Shibirudon, naturally and Yanappu against Shanderaa but, at the same time Shanderaa could cause a lot of trouble for Yanappu. If Satoshi and Dento manage to come through with Yanappu learning a new move to take on Shanderaa that'd be awesome, but I think Dento and Satoshi have a good chance of winning this, if they work together. But, still Dangoro and Maggyo would have been better choices, but both of the Subway Pokes are looking pretty run down so they must be working hard, no surprise there. Hopefully they manage to win.

Despite people calling Pokabu and Yanappu bland and personality-ness, they're both pretty awesome and fun Pokemon.

So Ash's patner in Subway Battle is Dent
Huh, There I was thinking Hilda gonna appear in Battle Subway & become Ash's Patner
That why I was Excited about Battle subway
I guess it was too good to be true

So this is where the musical happens and the other sightseeing. I guess all this sightseeing stuff happens in the first half. The musical show, Ash and Iris playing tennis, maybe they watch a football match as well. But then where does the girl and her Axew stuff fit into all this, why should she be here? Maybe she knows a lot of the sights and where they are, so she shows Iris and Ash to the best sights around Nimbasa. Then I'm guessing the last half is where the battle is and Ash and Cilan end up losing.

So this is where the musical happens and the other sightseeing. I guess all this sightseeing stuff happens in the first half. The musical show, Ash and Iris playing tennis, maybe they watch a football match as well. But then where does the girl and her Axew stuff fit into all this, why should she be here? Maybe she knows a lot of the sights and where they are, so she shows Iris and Ash to the best sights around Nimbasa. Then I'm guessing the last half is where the battle is and Ash and Cilan end up losing.
We don't yet know if Ash & Dent goona lose or not
But Since Ash is the pokemon trainer he should be the one collecting stump
But It seem he is Sightseeing while Dent collecting stump
Shsssss, I don't get this Kid
Just cause he already had a Gym battle does not mean he has to a Break
I mean He got his Butt kick By Dent & Iris
He obvious Need more training & Battling
Rather then Go in a Date with Iris

We don't yet know if Ash & Dent goona lose or not
But Since Ash is the pokemon trainer he should be the one collecting stump
But It seem he is Sightseeing while Dent collecting stump
Shsssss, I don't get this Kid
Just cause he already had a Gym battle does not mean he has to a Break
I mean He got his Butt kick By Dent & Iris
He obvious Need more training & Battling
Rather then Go in a Date with Iris

I know, but I think they will lose. And when did Ash lose to Cilan?

So this is where the musical happens and the other sightseeing.

It's hard for me to imagine the sports dome stuff, the musical, the Axew stuff, and a battle in the same episode. If that's the case, then yeah..the battle will probably be fairly short.

I honestly see the battle as too close to call based on the preview. Satoshi and Dent look like they're coming up with good strategies and the Subway Masters' pokémon look a bit tired at the end of the preview. I'm leaning towards a win here actually.

I'm glad you have such faith in them. XD I really can't see them winning even with Ash's unorthodox style, and Cilans tactical prowess. It just seems like it'll be a loss for them. :(

"and a single girl" < this episode wasn't packed enough(!?)

That's the Kibago's trainer. Satoshi and Iris encounter a lost Kibago while sightseeing and help it find its trainer, while Dent apparantly meets the trainer while subway stamping. She appears in the Fall preview holding her Kibago while Satoshi and Dent are fighting Nobori and Kudari. So after she and Kibago are reunited, the battle takes place.

Ah, so maybe that's how Satoshi gets in the battle.

"I've just painstakingly spent hours completing my stampbook, but since you found my Kibago you can have it. :D" >.>

Ah, so maybe that's how Satoshi gets in the battle.

"I've just painstakingly spent hours completing my stampbook, but since you found my Kibago you can have it. :D" >.>
Maybe she realised that giving her stampbook to the main character was her only way of getting screen time, so that she can return to her sick mother in the country and lift her spirits up by telling her that she was on television all across the world for something other than those crazy things she did in college?

I do love how the Battle Subway battle is actually taking place in a Subway train, and not a typical arena.

We don't know that she's collecting stamps though. She might just be looking for her Kibago. XD

I can easily imagine Ash and Cilan getting their butt kicked by the Subway Masters. That also might mean that waaay down the line, after Ash and co. complete the Unova loop (if they do), they would end up back in Nimbasa, ready to give them a badass rematch battle.

I can dream. :(

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that CotD girl was also doing the stamps, so that Ash has some way to easily weasel himself in to battle the Subway Masters with Cilan.

That's the Kibago's trainer. Satoshi and Iris encounter a lost Kibago while sightseeing and help it find its trainer, while Dent apparantly meets the trainer while subway stamping. She appears in the Fall preview holding her Kibago while Satoshi and Dent are fighting Nobori and Kudari. So after she and Kibago are reunited, the battle takes place.

What's with the trainers in this season? They can't take care of their own Pokemon or something? Every time someone is losing a Pokemon including Iris and someone is trying to rescue them. I remembered when trainers had Pokemon that could battle. That's what Pokemon do. They can battle.

What's with the trainers in this season? They can't take care of their own Pokemon or something? Every time someone is losing a Pokemon including Iris and someone is trying to rescue them. I remembered when trainers had Pokemon that could battle. That's what Pokemon do. They can battle.
They also get kidnapped a lot.

Now here's a thought: Ingo and Emmet kidnapped the Axew, knowing Ash and the twerps would do the goody two-shoes thing and come look for it. This was all part of their plan to get a battle. And it their plan didn't work, they could always feed Axew to their Eelektross. (Lookit Emmet, doesn't that face just scream 'psychopath?')

And it their plan didn't work, they could always feed Axew to their Eelektross. (Lookit Emmet, doesn't that face just scream 'psychopath?')

Or let their Chandelure burn the Axew's soul.

And a stamp rally? Wow. Things got more exciting.

I want to see Ash and Cilan win, even though I know in eps like these the main character always loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom