• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW051 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, that COTD looks like a female version of Luke.

No. That's Shinko.

Does the tennis stuff remind anyone of the ping pong tournament from DP?

Yes. It is clearly a remake of the ping-pong episode. Kibago will leave Iris to become a pokemon tennis player with Shinko and her Kibago. Monozu will be Kibago's replacement.

Last edited:
Problem is Madame Times NewRoman Esq., those gym battles won't mean squat when he gets to the league, where everyone there will have gotten those badges, including Trip, who always seems to manage to have one more badge then he does every time. From what we've seen since this arc started, Ash hasn't gotten stronger or learned much at all over time, in fact it feels like just the opposite.
I find that he battles fine, imo. If he loses, he loses. If he wins, he wins. For me, it's no big deal either way, unless he wins in a way that was totally off, or if he loses in a way where he really shouldn't have. If it's an even match and he loses, I'm okay with it. If he loses in a way where it should've been impossible for him to, then it would bug me.
It's a shame considering how you'd think with all the loses he's suffered, and all the intense situations and training he deliberately puts himself through (like challenging all three of the waiter brothers, or constantly going against type advantage), that it would pay off for him, but he still continues to fail.
So he fails sometimes. Big deal. All trainers do at some point.
I can understand the writers are trying to avoid depicting Ash as a "Boring Invincible Hero" type of character, but they've overcompensated, and turned him into a "Boring Failure Hero" type.
Well...I'm a bit biased here. Win or lose, I find him to be a boring character over all. The novelty of Satoshi wore off years ago, and even then, I was never a big fan of his character.

Edit: I think I'll stop there, as I just realized what this topic/thread was originally supposed to have been talking about. We're getting way OT, but if you would like to talk more about this subject in particular, feel free to PM me.

Also, Lol at the Subways Masters copying Satoshi's Preview catchphrase.

I really like the way Pokabu and Yanappu are protecting each other and stuff, and then Iris and Satoshi hanging out. Here come the shippers....

I really want Yanappu to learn a new move here, maybe Acrobatics.

Lol, I guess Dento didn't want to miss out on the musicals, so they go back? According to the summary he is collecting stamps while Ash visits the musicals. They sure are cramming this episode with alot of stuff.

Last edited:
Seems like the previous Iris x Dento scan posted was real but happens instead in this episode. lol

You forgot the most important one.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6285/94525945.jpg

I wouldn't say important, but it's cuter with Oshawott being there. Though it could be from the Maractus episode, because we've had one from this episode already, you know, the one that shows Ash and Cilan battling the Subway bro's.

Though, I hope it's still from this episode, but Cilan's at the stamp rally, why would they put him here?

Isn't that picture confirmed to be fan-art? :confused:

Max?! :confused:

It looks a bit too good to be fan art, look at it.

Lol, why is there someone that looks like Max there? Weird. :S

Confirmed to be fanart. Nothing more needs to be said or should be said about the fanart (albeit a pretty good fake if I do say so myself) that Tsutarja posted, and for future reference, we have guidelines on what's credible and on what isn't. Do not bring it any longer.
Now we have another photo of the ''fanart'', it appears the pictures come from Yochien Magazine November issue, released today. At least, that's what the 2ch poster who posted the new pics says.

Since it now seems at least to me to be real, here's a translation.
Page 11:
Everyone came to see a Pokemon Musical!
Satoshi: Mijumaru!! Wait!!
Suddenly Mijumaru heads for the stage. In his confusion, Satoshi follows.
Satoshi: Mijumaru, Return!!
Page 12:
As Satoshi and friends reach the stage, they are invited by Gothilzelle, and start to dance together.
Dent: It's Show Time o/`
Iris: It's fun<3
Page 13:
Satoshi: It's hard~
Since Mijumaru danced the best, Gothilzelle gives it a moustache, which makes it seem happy.
Satoshi: I'm glad!
Page 12:
This month's Pokemon:
(1) Gothilzelle
Heaven Pokemon. Strong Psychic powers. Sees future in movement of stars.
(2) Monmen
Cottonball Pokemon. Fluffy and flies on wind. Heavy when wet.
(3) Chillachino
Scarf Pokemon. Holds its silky fur in high regard.
(4) Swana
Swan Pokemon. Twists its neck to attack with a tough beak.
(5) Gothim
Staring Pokemon. Stares at things nobody can see.

He's happy about a mustache?

Guess Oshawott wants to grow facial hair...

I guess he would want to become a Dewott if he liked having facial hair. I'm glad Oshawott gets a bit of attention here and I guess this means that it is from this episode, but I thought we already have a manga comic for the episode.

Mijumaru is still my favorite Isshu Poke in the group he's just soooooooooooo awesome, man. He just jumps into the show and plays the role with such excitement and fun-ness. ^^

So Cilan stops his Stamp Rally just to see a Musical? It just sounds ridiculous to me.

Again, these magazine scans are not 100% consistent with the anime. It's weird that the magazine is featuring Ash, Iris, and Cilan doing a performance, but the episode merely features Ash and Iris sitting in the audience.

Given that Cilan is doing his stamp rally at the time when Ash, Oshawott, and Pikachu are seemingly participating in the musical, it doesn't make much sense for him to be there. I would assume the battle takes place near the end of the episode, unless there is some sort of mistake in the summary. It be a bit weird to see only Ash, Iris, and their Pokemon participate in musicals though. This is something I would deifnately expect Cilan to do.

Cinccino appearing: Yay~!
Oshawott being an attention whore again: meh.

Gee, Cilan, that's a nice arabesque there; are you a "Ballet Sommeilier" in disguise?
dent-the-ballerino.jpg

this is a scan from a doujin, so not official of course :V

The author of that doujin is OrenG and that scan is from "Hiyahiya Seikatsu".

Last edited by a moderator:
Smash Preview

- Cilan worrying and looking for something down in the battle subway station whilst Ash and Iris follow down the stairs.
- Cilan spots what he wants.
- He gets a Pansage stamp.
- Cilan gets a sparkle in his right eye.
- He tells Ash and Iris about the stamp rally.
- Subway Masters let out their Pokemon.
- Ash tells Tepig to use Flamethrower and Cilan tells Pansage to use Bullet Seed.
- Bullet seed hits Chandelure and Flamethrower hits Eelektross.
- Tepig uses Nitro Charge on Chandelure like it was shown in the scans.
- Ingo tells Chandelure to use Will-O-Wisp.
- Emmet tells Eelektross to use Acid.
- Cilan tells Pansage to use Bullet Seed and the attacks hit Eelektross and Chandelure badly.

10月2日のポケスマ予告 - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom