• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fun, and all...now here's hoping something actually happens here to get this rivalry off the ground. I'm going to keep my expectations low however.

I don't care about Trip, but Adeku looks really entertaining and quite funny. Looks to be a good episode.

You know, I wonder if Adeku even remembers Trip. It would be funny if he didn't.

Meh on Shooty appearing in this -- I really couldn't care less about the rivalry between him and Satoshi.

Anyway, Episode staff info:
Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: Hiromasa Amano
Assistant director: Tetsuo Yajima
Animation director: Atsushi Ogata

Satoshi vs adeku? Satoshi's gonna get his ass whooped!

Adler needs to do something extensive to benefit the rivalry in this episode. Right now my main concern is that somehow Iris is going to be thrust in their "rivalry" again,, when it get's mentioned that she won the Don Battle tournament against Ash. Further pulling this rivalry down the shitter. He'll probably be interested in Cilan to, maybe...however I see the former as almost a definite mention.

So here's hoping they cut straight to the Adler talk, and not mention the tournament because it won't benefit the rivalry at all. But the chances of that happening are slim.

Adler needs to do something extensive to benefit the rivalry in this episode. Right now my main concern is that somehow Iris is going to be thrust in their "rivalry" again,, when it get's mentioned that she won the Don Battle tournament against Ash. Further pulling this rivalry down the shitter. He'll probably be interested in Cilan to, maybe...however I see the former as almost a definite mention.

So here's hoping they cut straight to the Adler talk, and not mention the tournament because it won't benefit the rivalry at all. But the chances of that happening are slim.
Don't really see see how Iris derailed the rivalry. Dento's the one who really fucked it up, by beating Shuuti Satoshi's biggest threat easily and I'm still surprised I haven't heard any complaining about that. But, whatever I suppose those are the golden standands I suppose.

Anyway Adeku looks awesome, he's looks so fun and carefree playing around in Junsa's motorcycle, he looks real entertaining. One of the things about Shirona I felt would have made her better were if we saw her acting more fun and playful ya know? I'm glad we have a playful champion, and I defiantly feel I'll like him a bit more then I like Shirona since he does seem to be affecting the rivalry a lot and Shuuti at least "cares" for Satoshi with the nudging and conflict.

Last edited:
Don't really see see how Iris derailed the rivalry. Dento's the one who really fucked it up, by beating Shuuti Satoshi's biggest threat easily and I'm still surprised I haven't heard any complaining about that. But, whatever I suppose those are the golden double standands I suppose.

Cilan didn't win the entire tournament, and Trip has never really outright expressed an interest in battling Cilan. Nothing got "fucked up" with Cilan beating Trip. However, that is the case with Trip expressing an interest in Iris, and then having her win a tournament that several rivals, and Ash himself entered in episodes later. If it is brought up, he'll clearly be more interested in Iris, than Cilan or his actual rival..Ash.

Iris doesn't need to interfere with their rivalry in this episode as it desperately needs a boost. Therefore, I think it would be best to not have the tournament be brought up at all and have the episode focus entirely on Ash/Trip/Adler. The same goes for Cilan. However, the reason I bring Iris up is because of past interaction.

Having Adler mention something about Ash, while excluding Trip from his compliments , for example..would be a good start to actually have this rivalry have some tension.

Cilan didn't win the entire tournament, and Trip has never really outright expressed an interest in battling Cilan. Nothing got "fucked up" with Cilan beating Trip. However, that is the case with Trip expressing an interest in Iris, and then having her win a tournament that had several rivals, and Ash himself entered in several episodes later.

Iris doesn't need to interfere with their rivalry in this episode as it desperately needs a boost. Therefore, I think it would be best to not have the tournament be brought up at all and have the episode focus on Ash/Trip/Adler. The same goes for Cilan. However, the reason I bring Iris up is because of past interaction.

I was looking at the situation in the way most people did. Since, it was stated clearly and quite often that having Iris beat Shuuti in the Don Battle Tournament or having her beat him at all would and I quote "fuck up" the rivalry. Dento pulled the exact same thing, so it really does astound me that there hasn't been any complaining thus far about that. Because having Iris or Dento beat Shuuti would supposedly "take away" from the rivalries intensity and drive. But, still it's suprising there hasn't been any. But, you do make a very good point about Iris's win not being mentioned.

If I remember correctly Shuuti expressed a interest in Dento, before with him being a gym leader and with his battling style. ^^;

Last edited:
The discussion of whether or not you feel Shootie's rivalry has been derailed by either Iris or Dent can fit in nicely here. Please get back to discussing the episode.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom