• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW052 - Adeku & Buffron Episode

I think it's interesting because of the fact it say's "Pikachu challenges Adler's Pokemon." Be interesting to see if that was a result of it not being used in the gym. Pikachu with personality..yay?

It looks like we will stay in Raimon City at least 6 or 7 episodes. Interesting.

Eitarou said:
Question: What magazine is this from? Pokemon Fan?

The page layout makes me think it is, yes.

The newest issue doesn't officially come out until tomorrow (the 16th), though, so I can't really confirm that now.

It looks like we will stay in Raimon City at least 6 or 7 episodes. Interesting.

Actually, it doesn't look like they are still in Raimon City. There's a lot of greenery behind Adeku and Junsar in the second scan. Might be a park though.

OMG Satoshi in a musical.
OMG Iris vs Satoshi tennis match.
OMG the gang and Bel riding a rollercoaster.
OMG everything in these scans.

Looking forward to these episodes veeeery much! Yay more Bel! <3

I think I'm really going to like Alder. OK, so hitting on Joys and Jennys may be a wee bit too close for comfort considering it finally looked as if that gag was dead and buried, but otherwise? It's great to see that he'll be allowed to have a comical side, whilst still being badass enough to pick up a boulder, with relative ease. Makes his characterisation feel a little more human.
His Buffafro displaying a bit of personality is a pleasant surprise too, given that every other champion's 'mons have just been about shooting off attacks.

So this is just a standalone episode where Alder is too lovestruck to battle opponents as the Champion? No, writers, you had so much potential trying to give Ash and Trip's rivalry a huge jumpstart by having Alder battle Ash in front of Trip, but you've reduced Alder to an older, more lecherous version of Brock!

I'm disappointed...

Scan that shows picture of the Shooti flashback and from this episode.

wwwdotuporg2024118.jpg

By the looks of it, Adeku has a pretty imposing figure. He's pretty much towering over Nurse Joy.

.___. I like Alder, but really? Really, writers? Way to rub it in even more.
Bouffalant is much more awesome than it is in the game.

.___. I like Alder, but really? Really, writers? Way to rub it in even more.
Bouffalant is much more awesome than it is in the game.

Try thinking of it as a tribute and a way to remember him, that's what I do ;)

I actually kind of like this trait, it makes him even more lovable.

So Ash battles Adeku in his first appearance, yet for some reason we couldn't see Ash battle Cynthia at all over the entire span of DP?

I hope they foreshadow the Champion league again here, and not screw it up this time. DP led us in the wrong direction and then pulled the carpet out from under us, they better not do the same thing this time.

So Ash battles Adeku in his first appearance, yet for some reason we couldn't see Ash battle Cynthia at all over the entire span of DP?

I hope they foreshadow the Champion league again here, and not screw it up this time. DP led us in the wrong direction and then pulled the carpet out from under us, they better not do the same thing this time.

I couldn't agree more. They set it up in D/P perfectly but its like they changed their mind half way through. Maybe they will do things right this time around. I do still hope for a cynthia appearance in an episode maybe near the end.

What they need to do is tell Ash he can enter the Champion league in Eastern Unova. Since Cynthia is there in the games its the perfect time to bring her back to.

I think its disgusting the way DP tricked us into thinking Ash would battle the Elite 4 and it never happened. Hopefully this time we get proper foreshadowing.

Champion League stuff is going pretty offtopic guys. Not the place to debate about whether one was foreshadowed in DP or not.

Alder throwing up Gigalith like a boss. Did Cynthia ever throw an incredibly Pokémon like a boss? No? Well then =3

I don't think there is a single person who thinks Ash will actually defeat Alder xD

One final warning (I know you guys have been getting a lot of those today), but please put any relevant discussion about this episode in this thread only. Any other discussion can go in THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE only if there is not already a PREVIEW episode about it. (you'll know what threads those will be by the big, black, bolded PREVIEW: before the episode number and name)

Pretty cool sounding episode to end the Unova dub's first season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom