• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ash looses the battle it'll be to predictable.
If Ash wins the battle the entire universe will explode.

Either way myself as a fan looses.

Last edited:
I expect Ash to lose a battle with Alder.

However, depending on the route the Anime chooses to go with Alder's character, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash actually did well. I think I remember in the game, people suggesting that Alder's battling abilities weren't quite up to scratch. Not just Cheren accusing him of fooling around, but I seem to recall Ghetsis saying something about how Alder's been ignoring his duty as Champion, which depending on your viewpoint could be interpreted to mean he hasn't been battling much at all. I think he's worried, at the point where you're having the impromptu meeting in Nacrene City; he certainly goes to the trouble of warning the player that if he fails, it will be up to him/her, which shows the possibility's definitely on his mind.

What I'm saying, is that if the Anime decides to portray Alder as a champion who's (in some form) abandoned the league (presumably after the death of his pokemon), he may have been neglecting his battling skills. Ash could then come along, challenge him to a battle, and do well enough to shake Alder out of his comfort zone. This would imply not only development (I dearly hope) but also the return of Alder on down the road.

We don't care about the loss. We care about the significance and the outcome of how the battle will turn out. A crappy battle is a crappy battle. But a badass battle is a badass battle.

I feel like I'll like Adeku a bit more then Shirona, but Shirona's term "When a life meets another life, something will be born." truly, truly words to live by. I hope they give Adeku one, and once again Pikachu is showing his awesomeness taking beating the bird crap outta that Buffalo.

I feel like I'll like Adeku a bit more then Shirona, but Shirona's term "When a life meets another life, something will be born." truly, truly words to live by. I hope they give Adeku one, and once again Pikachu is showing his awesomeness taking beating the bird crap outta that Buffalo.
That wasn't Cynthia's phrase, that was from the Unown in the Solaceon Ruins.

Let's get off the topic of the Sinnoh legend phrase and back to Adeku's appearance, shall we?~

Adeku looks like your typical, aged Champion, though looks can be, and usually are, deceiving in Pokemon.

As a huge fan of Alder/Adeku, I'm glad he's finally showing up in person. Judging by the previews and such though, his personality seems a lot goofier than it is in the game. That's no necessarily a bad thing, but I do hope he is treated with some degree of respect like Cynthia was before him.
(And him throwing a 500 lb Gigalith into the air was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen)

I hope this battle is just as long as Paul's match with Cynthia. Make it longer and have Pikachu come up with some good tactics.

I hope this battle is just as long as Paul's match with Cynthia. Make it longer and have Pikachu come up with some good tactics.

Paul's battle with Cynthia was intended to be a full 6-on-6 battle, but it just so happened that Paul had forefited when four of his pokemon were defeated.

As far as we know right now, Ash is simply engaging Alder in a 1-on-1 battle that will be stopped prematurely because Bouffalant is displeased at its trainer's inactivity during battle. Unlike Cynthia, Alder is not showing signs of wanting to continue a battle.

I've just re-watched the extended preview from the end of the Subway episodes, and it seems that Adeku is keeping true to the Sugimori art by carrying a ton of Poke Balls around with him... I wonder if this will be mentioned at all (I know, they're probably just spares to capture new Pokemon in but still, it's pretty strange).

he carries all the extra pokeballs because he doesn't know how to work the computer system. this is trufax. i friggin love adeku.

Last edited:
So Trip's in this episode huh? Now's a great chance to kick this rivalry more into gear writers. Come on now.

not expecting much

Ugh, I had a feeling we'd be seeing Trip again. I hope this ep makes the Ash/Trip rivalry interesting.

I don't mind seeing Trip again. Just as long as they focus on Ash/Trip's "rivalry" here, and actually develop it. I'm also interested to see how Trip responds to Adeku's mannerisms. The Don Battle was a good chance, but that failed. So here we have another chance.

I don't mind seeing Trip again. Just as long as they focus on Ash/Trip's "rivalry" here, and actually develop it. I'm also interested to see how Trip responds to Adeku's mannerisms. The Don Battle was a good chance, but that failed. So here we have another chance.

This.

Also. D'aaww to Adeku and Satoshi being adorable glutttons together :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom