• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
Please try to post with the upcoming episode in mind, if you want to compare Alder to past champions, please use this thread in the Grand Festival. Thank you!

Also, if I have to give my two cents on Adeku's portrayal in this ep, I think it's refreshing to see a Champion like Adeku pigging out with Satoshi, flirting with every gal in the vicinity and disagreeing with his pokémon. To me, that just means that Adeku appears to be a character that's very relatable and endearing. I like seeing flaws in characters, and quirks, and humour. That doesn't take away from their skill as a battle, that just makes them more enjoyable when they're not battling. I'm looking forward to see how Adeku's presence will shake up what has so far been a very underwhelming rivalry between Satoshi and Shooti.

Signas

Cranky Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Also, if I have to give my two cents on Adeku's portrayal in this ep, I think it's refreshing to see a Champion like Adeku pigging out with Satoshi, flirting with every gal in the vicinity and disagreeing with his pokémon. To me, that just means that Adeku appears to be a character that's very relatable and endearing. I like seeing flaws in characters, and quirks, and humour. That doesn't take away from their skill as a battle, that just makes them more enjoyable when they're not battling. I'm looking forward to see how Adeku's presence will shake up what has so far been a very underwhelming rivalry between Satoshi and Shooti.

You hit the nail on the head there. I honestly found Cynthia kind of flat in the anime. She was just kind of a do-gooder. This portrayal of Alder looks to be a bit of a departure from his in-game persona which is more serious. What you said about being relatable and endearing is the key point. Generally, a protagonist who only has one or two traits is not well liked, because the audience likes to relate with characters.

One thing that's bothering me here is Bouffalant. He's one of my favorite Pokemon ever, but why does he appear to be Alder's signature as of now? Cynthia's strongest Pokemon is Garchomp, Lance's is Dragonite, Wallace's is Milotic, and they all appeared with said Pokemon. Are they merely waiting to reveal Volcarona, since ingame evidence shows it's extremely rare and powerful?

Itsuki

BURN ALL THE THINGS
Reaction score
I'm wondering if maybe there'll be something at the Relic Castle with Alder? Maybe then they'll show Volcarona. But until then, we get Bouffalant. And I think maybe because it looks so bizarre, and they seem to be trying to making Alder out to be a fun, quirky kinda guy, they'd rather set that with Bouffalant first before he brings out the big guns like Volcarona or the other two bugs.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Alder is now the greatest champion.

No matter what anyone else says.

WatcherMark

Reaction score
Preview aired. Adeku was seen talking to Satoshi and Shooti, flirting with Nurse Joy (seriously!), battles scenes between Pikachu and Buffron and Adeku taking on Gigaiath. Nothing really special to report.

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
I ship Joi with Adeku BECAUSE she's repulsed.

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
Adeku seems like a fun, entertaining character. I'm looking forward to his appearance. Hopefully this episode will make Shooti a bit more likable too!

CommanderPigg

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm going to be ranting in the "do you think Shooti in an interesting rival" thread in the near future :p

It was really cute how Adeku ruffled both their heads, I have to admit. We don't see Shooti getting belittled often XDDD
But yeah, I'll try not to look too much into it; I've learned my lesson. The preview did not seem to emphasize Shooti that much, which worries me...but at the same time, perhaps it has a surprise scene like the last Ash vs. Shooti episode did. Here's hoping.

Zoro

Reaction score
Adeku is more like Takeshi then i thought, how awesome XD

He is awesome but nothing like Takeshi if everyone that hits on someone is like Takeshi, well Oshawott is like Takeshi.

Crysta Blade

No hard feelings
Reaction score
Alder is now the greatest champion.

No matter what anyone else says.
That Gigalith scene pretty much cements him as the Pokémon world's answer to Chuck Norris.

Saw the preview. I do love how awkward Ash and Trip look when getting their heads touched. I also get the feeling that's not the first time an Officer Jenny's threatened Alder with handcuffs...

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
I honestly can't stop laughing every time I see this in the preview
tumblr_lsn5ymibvK1qg9x1ao1_500.gif
Hahaha. Adeku, ILU already xD

Chosen of Mana

Under the Rainbow
Reaction score
Gotta say, I think I might actually be looking forward to this.

This is the first time Best Wishes! has done this in a while.

Cybersai

Reaction score
Episode looks fun. I hope we also get talk of the Champion league in this ep.

Adamant

Reaction score
Yeah, it's been mentioned there's a Champion League in Isshu.

bluesun

消え人
Reaction score
Preview:
The next adventure... is This!
[Blue: The Champion Adeku] Whoa, it's the real Adeku!
[Red: is challenged by Satoshi!] His strength's on a whole other level! I guess that's why he's Isshu League Champion!
[Purple: Buffalon VS Pikachu] OK! Pikachu! Let's battle Adeku!
[Orange: ...but all Adeku does is protect!!] Make sure you win against that Buffalon!
[Green: What is going on???] Next time: Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes: Satoshi VS Champion Adeku!
Everyone, get Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.