• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
Alder has always been the type of trainer who presents himself as a goofy and eccentric individual, but is very reflective and philosophical beneath the surface. We know that in the games that Alder has been travelling around Unova to cope with losing his first pokemon in battle. I hope that the writer of this episode doesn't treat Alder as simply a comic relief character, because he has a lot more to offer to both Ash and Trip than to just prove that not all Champion trainers have to be serious all of the time.

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
He is awesome but nothing like Takeshi if everyone that hits on someone is like Takeshi, well Oshawott is like Takeshi.

Mijumaru is a Pokemon, Adeku is flirting with Nurse Joi a person Takeshi always would. Besides that he reminded me of Adeku a lot even before flirting.

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
I honestly can't stop laughing every time I see this in the preview
tumblr_lsn5ymibvK1qg9x1ao1_500.gif
Hahaha. Adeku, ILU already xD
I'm wondering what the hell he's doing in that scene? Is he trying to encourage Bouffalant? This would be strange because it's not that Boufallant doesn't want to battle, it's quite the opposite: Alder doesn't want to.

The preview also shows Officer Jenny scolding Alder. Considering that Jenny is voiced by Cynthia's VA Emily Jenness, this is a nice metaphor for Cynthia being superior to Alder because she's allowed to scold him :p

Signas

Cranky Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I'm wondering what the hell he's doing in that scene? Is he trying to encourage Bouffalant? This would be strange because it's not that Boufallant doesn't want to battle, it's quite the opposite: Alder doesn't want to.

I'd say it's opposite. Going by his expression, it seems to be more of a "Do your best!" gesture of encouragement, though Bouffalant doesn't seem too happy that his trainer isn't being more focused.

So this preview shows Gigalith battling Bouffalant...That's interesting, since the preview showed Alder taking matters into his own hands so to speak. Could Bouffalant possibly lose to Gigalith because he' tired from his battle with Pikachu, leaving his trainer to take care of it?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
So this preview shows Gigalith battling Bouffalant...That's interesting, since the preview showed Alder taking matters into his own hands so to speak. Could Bouffalant possibly lose to Gigalith because he' tired from his battle with Pikachu, leaving his trainer to take care of it?
I so hope this will be the case! Imagine how embarrassing it would be for Alder! :p A champion's Pokemon that is exhausted after ONE battle against a trainer who's not really that strong compared to Elite Four standards.

Itsuki

BURN ALL THE THINGS
Reaction score
The preview also shows Officer Jenny scolding Alder. Considering that Jenny is voiced by Cynthia's VA Emily Jenness, this is a nice metaphor for Cynthia being superior to Alder because she's allowed to scold him :p

Uh. that's kind of a reach, there, pal.

with the Gigalith thing, maybe he just doesn't want it to faint Bouffalant? Maybe he sees that Bouffalant is running out of steam and goes lol nope and throws it because he doesn't want to lose another Pokemon again :< i dunno, that's my brain overthinking maybe.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
I think the Bouffalant charging scene and the Gigalith charging scene are from different scenes. Why would Bouffalant go and battle Gigalith and then Alder just throws Gigaltih, that's even weirder than Alder being able to throw a Gigalith.

Zoro

Reaction score
Mijumaru is a Pokemon, Adeku is flirting with Nurse Joi a person Takeshi always would. Besides that he reminded me of Adeku a lot even before flirting.

But they have nothing in common besides that...

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Smash Preview

- Gigalith charges.
- Trip pushes Ash.
- Ash pushes Trip.
- They keep pushing/nudging each other because they want to battle Alder I assume.
- Pikachu uses Thunderbolt.

Caseydia

Because I can.
Reaction score
Smash Preview

- Gigalith charges.
- Trip pushes Ash.
- Ash pushes Trip.
- They keep pushing/nudging each other because they want to battle Alder I assume.

That maybe the best interaction we may see from them.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Smash Preview

- Gigalith charges.
- Trip pushes Ash.
- Ash pushes Trip.

I totally hate myself for missing this.

Oh well, the episode will be funnier.

Signas

Cranky Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Interesting. If both of them battle Alder, does this mean he could use something else besides Bouffalant?

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Or he could sweep them both with Bouffalant.

AshK

Ice Master.
Reaction score
interesting... didn't know trip was gonna be there. At least Ash gets a shot at the champ. But I wonder about that gigalith... anyone think its Trips???

Trainer Gabriel

Reaction score
This could be a chance to somehow redeem Trip and his lackluster rivalry with Ash.

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
To be more specific, Ash and Trip were actually pushing the other away so that they could be the first one to challenge Alder to a battle.

interesting... didn't know trip was gonna be there. At least Ash gets a shot at the champ. But I wonder about that gigalith... anyone think its Trips???

It's definitely not Trip's pokemon. Trip was just as surprised as Ash and his friends when he saw Alder attempting to battle a Gigalith by himself. Trip was also on the same side of the screen as Ash and his friends when this happened so he is definitely not challenging Alder to a battle here.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
I wonder what happens that makes, Ash, Cilan, Iris, Pikachu, Axew and Trip worried. I guess it could be Alder saying that he's not doing his best or Gigalith appearing.

bluesun

消え人
Reaction score
Thursday is Pocket Monsters: Best Wish!
Junsar: You're Under Arrest!!
This week's episode is Satoshi vs Champion Adeku!
Shoetea: Don't get in my way!! I'm the one you should battle!
Together with Shoetea, Satoshi asks the Isshu League Champion for a battle!
Adeku: HAHAHA Being popular is a pain.
But...!?
Iris: Without even saying its name?!
Adeku doesn't attack at all!
Iris: He still won't evade the attack?!
The truth behind Adeku's battle strategies is...?!
Dent: This is how a champion fights?!

Status
Not open for further replies.