• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW052 - Satoshi VS Champion Adeku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please try to post with the upcoming episode in mind, if you want to compare Alder to past champions, please use this thread in the Grand Festival. Thank you!

Also, if I have to give my two cents on Adeku's portrayal in this ep, I think it's refreshing to see a Champion like Adeku pigging out with Satoshi, flirting with every gal in the vicinity and disagreeing with his pokémon. To me, that just means that Adeku appears to be a character that's very relatable and endearing. I like seeing flaws in characters, and quirks, and humour. That doesn't take away from their skill as a battle, that just makes them more enjoyable when they're not battling. I'm looking forward to see how Adeku's presence will shake up what has so far been a very underwhelming rivalry between Satoshi and Shooti.

Also, if I have to give my two cents on Adeku's portrayal in this ep, I think it's refreshing to see a Champion like Adeku pigging out with Satoshi, flirting with every gal in the vicinity and disagreeing with his pokémon. To me, that just means that Adeku appears to be a character that's very relatable and endearing. I like seeing flaws in characters, and quirks, and humour. That doesn't take away from their skill as a battle, that just makes them more enjoyable when they're not battling. I'm looking forward to see how Adeku's presence will shake up what has so far been a very underwhelming rivalry between Satoshi and Shooti.

You hit the nail on the head there. I honestly found Cynthia kind of flat in the anime. She was just kind of a do-gooder. This portrayal of Alder looks to be a bit of a departure from his in-game persona which is more serious. What you said about being relatable and endearing is the key point. Generally, a protagonist who only has one or two traits is not well liked, because the audience likes to relate with characters.

One thing that's bothering me here is Bouffalant. He's one of my favorite Pokemon ever, but why does he appear to be Alder's signature as of now? Cynthia's strongest Pokemon is Garchomp, Lance's is Dragonite, Wallace's is Milotic, and they all appeared with said Pokemon. Are they merely waiting to reveal Volcarona, since ingame evidence shows it's extremely rare and powerful?

I'm wondering if maybe there'll be something at the Relic Castle with Alder? Maybe then they'll show Volcarona. But until then, we get Bouffalant. And I think maybe because it looks so bizarre, and they seem to be trying to making Alder out to be a fun, quirky kinda guy, they'd rather set that with Bouffalant first before he brings out the big guns like Volcarona or the other two bugs.

Preview aired. Adeku was seen talking to Satoshi and Shooti, flirting with Nurse Joy (seriously!), battles scenes between Pikachu and Buffron and Adeku taking on Gigaiath. Nothing really special to report.

Adeku seems like a fun, entertaining character. I'm looking forward to his appearance. Hopefully this episode will make Shooti a bit more likable too!

I have a feeling I'm going to be ranting in the "do you think Shooti in an interesting rival" thread in the near future :p

It was really cute how Adeku ruffled both their heads, I have to admit. We don't see Shooti getting belittled often XDDD
But yeah, I'll try not to look too much into it; I've learned my lesson. The preview did not seem to emphasize Shooti that much, which worries me...but at the same time, perhaps it has a surprise scene like the last Ash vs. Shooti episode did. Here's hoping.

Adeku is more like Takeshi then i thought, how awesome XD

He is awesome but nothing like Takeshi if everyone that hits on someone is like Takeshi, well Oshawott is like Takeshi.

Alder is now the greatest champion.

No matter what anyone else says.
That Gigalith scene pretty much cements him as the Pokémon world's answer to Chuck Norris.

Saw the preview. I do love how awkward Ash and Trip look when getting their heads touched. I also get the feeling that's not the first time an Officer Jenny's threatened Alder with handcuffs...

I honestly can't stop laughing every time I see this in the preview
tumblr_lsn5ymibvK1qg9x1ao1_500.gif
Hahaha. Adeku, ILU already xD

Episode looks fun. I hope we also get talk of the Champion league in this ep.

Yeah, it's been mentioned there's a Champion League in Isshu.

Preview:
The next adventure... is This!
[Blue: The Champion Adeku] Whoa, it's the real Adeku!
[Red: is challenged by Satoshi!] His strength's on a whole other level! I guess that's why he's Isshu League Champion!
[Purple: Buffalon VS Pikachu] OK! Pikachu! Let's battle Adeku!
[Orange: ...but all Adeku does is protect!!] Make sure you win against that Buffalon!
[Green: What is going on???] Next time: Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes: Satoshi VS Champion Adeku!
Everyone, get Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom