• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW052: Satoshi VS Champion Adeku!

Good ep!! I totally liked Alder! and +1 to the comment here that said he's what an older Ash would be (though I think it'd be minus the girls part...)
Nice to see a fresh and different personality for a Champion character and an entertaining one too - hopefully we'll see him often
The battle of Ash VS Alder was SO funny to me XD poor Trip's dream was totally crushed... now I wonder what Alder's dub names for Ash and Trip will be...

While it was nice to see Trip losing his cool a bit in front of the champion, the rivalry still didn't go anywhere. It was more of the same, of what we had before.

The rivalry won't change anytime soon. So let's move on with that. BW wasn't made for tough rivals but mostly about Pokemon and who is cuter. That's how I see it. But this episode was cool though.

New favorite episode, first favorite champion (never cared for the previous ones much). Seriously, Adeku is such a lovely character, everything he did made me smile and kept me interested to the episode. Hopefully we will see lots and lots of him later in the series. I think I am in love.

I didn't mind Shooti much in this episode. Actually, he's quite OK when he's present only for half an episode. xD Seeing him fanboy over Adeku was rather cute.

And mind you, I found the name thing funny. Guess I'm easily amused.

Okay, I'm super late for the party so none of what I'm saying is even remotely relevant anymore, but I LOVED THIS EPISODE.

So, I started watching this episode, and thought, "Oh god, Shooti, come on...at least stare at him awkwardly for 10+ seconds like he's the biggest idiot in the world or something. There's so much apathy in this relationship, it hurts."

And then I was wondering how exactly Shooti transform from this cute, exuberant little tyke to...a deadpan hipster. Like, did his methods on how to get "stronger" turn him into a jackass? I dunno, it seems like that's a trend now a days...

And then, suddenly, Adeku. All these emotions filled my brain:

ADEKU. OMG. IS IS SRSLY DOING WHAT I THINK HE IS??? Stealing a police officer's bike to get some law enforcement on him? ;D And Shooti gets all defensive and physical with Ash wanting that battle and all. I think this is seriously the first time I've seen Shooti emote something other than complete negligence towards others and elitism. He is legit pissed that Ash is going to get a battle before him!

Shit, I squealed like a banshee when Adkeu put his hands on their heads. I forgot that there are people around XD

Oh, I thought that Adeku not ordering his buffalon around was part of the plan! Either He's a really good troll, or I'm just really unobservant.

Adeku telling Satoshi, I mean Santaro to pretty much fuck off while he was trying to get jiggy with Joy was highly amusing. Heck, Adeku as a whole is highly amusing.

"Getting stronger isn't the only way to obtain your goal" (or something like that? That's what I got from it anyways)...now where have we heard this before? HMMMM...

FINAL CONCLUSION: Shuutaro is a cuter name than Shuuti and I will probably refer to him as such in the future.

This episode actually did NOT disappoint me at all, regardless of the lack of rival development. It shows Shooti's weak spots, which are, I guess, blind hero worship and an overzealous lust for power, so it wasn't a complete waste.

I will echo everyone's sentiments about this not having a direct immediate impact on Ash and Trip's rivalry, but man...the Trip in this episode is such a breather from his usual characterization. I think that once Ash shares what he's learned from Adeku with him, he might get even more taken aback and a mutual tension between them will finally form.

Maybe Roggy can become a real boy after all......

No. Once an asshole, always an asshole.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom