• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW053: Over the Rainbow! Maracacchi Musical!!

It was a solid episode I thought. The Trio and their Pokemon interactions were sweet, and while I do wish the Tripple Battle had actually finished, it was nice. {Maybe they're saving the tripple battles for Ash and one of his rivals?} The gangs respective dances were cute too.

A rather meh episode overall. The first half was just practicing dance moves with, as usual, one Pokemon of the group that needed more confidence in itself. Then of course it gets over the problem and the CotD wins the musical competition. :zzz:

The best part of the episode...
tumblr_ltq2yj1PpD1qecay6o1_250.jpg
tumblr_ltq2yj1PpD1qecay6o2_250.jpg
...was this.

My thoughts as I watched the ep:
- Chingling
- Pokémon Contest
- Season 3's Bellossom ep
- Cilan's annoying BGM again
- I miss Brock
- So now Musical = a Pokémon Contest's performance round? ok...
- POKEMON BATTLE, the solution to everything!
- The introduction to Triple Battles could and should have been much better than that
- "lol hi cactus trio, want to come with me? yes? yay!" lamest "capture" ever in the whole show

It was really... really... a rehash of that bellossom episode, but it wasn't actually a bad episode.

Good points

+ Dent: Again, hilarious. When he did the Russian dance, I was like... whatisthismybodywasnotready.

+ The scarf-wearing cactus: I felt bad for it, and even though it was the exact same thing as the bellossom, I still though it was endearing.

+ Animation: This episode really made the pokémon and the attacks look good. I was screaming, "Bring back contests" at my computer screen. :p

+ Levitating Buffron: Just... genius. XD

Lukewarm points

- Yanappu and Pikachu: Neither was grating, and at times they were funny, but I kinda felt neither had a really really funny moment.

Bad points

- Iris: She went back to not really feeling like a friend to the guys, she brought the mood down a couple of times in an episode that was mostly comedic. Her ballet jazz on crack routine was blah.

- Kibago: He needs to shut up... like... now.

- Mijumaru: He needs to stop appearing to do nothing entertaining... like... now.

- Emonga: She needs to be released never to be seen again... like... now.

- CotD and the other two cacti: Bland/Very bland.

- Random Girl singing Best Wishes: OH NO THEY DIDN'T.

Yeah... average, but definitely not one of the worst this saga has offered.

I finally got around to watching this episode.

Like most other people here, I thought it was just "alright." Not amazing, but not terrible, either.

I liked Satoshi's Japanese dance because it showed that, as much as the show's been whitewashed over the years, he's still a young Japanese kid at heart. That part made me smile.

The girl singing Best Wishes was just awful, though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom