• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW053 - Somewhere over the rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Dento to go Musical Sommelier and own this episode. XD Yeah, not really excited by this episode though I kinda hope we get some lulz. Meh at Mijumaru appearing.

Meowth should join this. So we can get you-know-what again.

KrazyShipping.jpg

Yeah, that's the one.

October 27th... Oh well, it was expected that the anime would skip a week after airing the two Battle Subway episodes in a row.

This episode doesn't sound too terribly exciting, but I am glad Maractus is making its debut here.

Somewhere over the rainbow is iconic! I'm sure even Japanese kids would know about it.

Oh my god, Wizard of Oz Pokemon Style.

Who gets to be Dorothy?

If this were to be the case, it would most likely be Maractus, as it is the "starring pokemon" in this episode.

though my history obsessed friend said mijumaru looks like john wilkes booth wearing abe lincoln's hat in that costume and now i can never unsee it.
Assassins is one of my all time favorite musicals. If only that could be the case.

But honestly this title is absolutely amazing. If maractus is the scarecrow who's going to play everyone else? Dent finally reveals he's got a Yorterri and it plays Toto..? Yes.

Mijumaru is awesome, I wish we could have gotten Kurumayu as well, ya know "String Shot" could have worked in the Musical, but this is awesome too. Hopefully Mijumaru gets some good battling in. He's defiantly the best Isshu Poke for Satoshi now.

Where are Iris and Dento's Pokes, come on? And Bel's.

Mijumaru could battle Marakacchi and get a new move since Water is useless against Marakacchi with Water Absorb.

Last edited:
though my history obsessed friend said mijumaru looks like john wilkes booth wearing abe lincoln's hat in that costume and now i can never unsee it.
I guess I can see it now. Initially, the mustache reminded me of Walt Disney a little bit though. :b

Maractus!? yay! I love that pokemon. Can;t wait to see this episode, I hope it turns out good, and I hope Den gets to be totally *fabulous*!!!

Mijumaru is awesome, I wish we could have gotten Kurumayu as well, ya know "String Shot" could have worked in the Musical, but this is awesome too. Hopefully Mijumaru gets some good battling in. He's defiantly the best Isshu Poke for Satoshi now.

Mijumaru could battle Marakacchi and get a new move since Water is useless against Marakacchi with Water Absorb.

Musicals have nothing to do with battling...

...OH MY GOD CANNOT UNSEE OR UNTHINK.

i see it now...

mijumaru is the murderer!
and gets an angry showtune along the lines of jekyll & hyde in justification of killing the president.

or. if you want to say that's a hitler mustache, miju gets to sing that song from the producers. springtime for hitler or something. the producers? anyone? anyone?

is my deep-rooted love for musicals and showtunes showing yet?

J'accuse!

I'd doubt that the Japanese version of Pokemon would make a cultural reference, though.
Er...why not? The Japanese does cultural references all the time, and the Wizard of Oz is definitely known among the Japanese populace...there was that old anime adaption, for example, and there was a Tingle game that used the story for the plot.

Anyway, I wonder if the group's Pokemon are going to be cast as the Big 3...

Scarecrow: Kurumayu
Tin-Man: Gamagaru
Cowardly Lion: Mijumaru

Well, looks like it could just be Ash entering this thing, I'm curious what this does for himXD

unless there are multiple episodes about the musical, for now i'll assume what we saw in the preview was from this one. so i have to ask... anyone else feel the nostalgia when they saw it?

bwpreviews04.jpg

bwpreviews05.jpg

did anyone else notice an abundance of the goth line in these upcoming episodes (musical and kami trio) by the way...?

I think this is from the Cilan and Ash vs. Ingo and Emmet episodes since that could be apart of the sightseeing.

If this is another musical, I hope Tepig, Snivy, Scraggy, Axew, Emolga and Pansage have a go. The rest I want them to stay out of the musical.

Also, that's a nice comparison Sunyshore, what episode is the 2nd picture from?

I wonder why the cactus pokemon wasn't shown in any of the previews for this ep when its in the title. I was kinda wondering when it'd debut. I thought they'd save it for a desert episode, considering its well...a cactus.

Ooh, Maractus! I think it has one of the more interesting designs of the Gen 5 'mons, so it'll be a treat to see it on screen.

Well we know the Pokemon that are taking part in the musical, but that's about it.

If only Burgundy would appear. This would be the perfect place for her and Cilan to have a fight of some sorts.

Then we could see who could out-ham who.

Musical Connoisseur battle, anyone?

''It's musical time!''

Anyway, a musical battle between Dent and Cabernet would be wonderful. I think Dent is a great actor. After all, he's also a movie connoisseur.

Expectations: Character songs abound, Dento being a musical sommelier, a compelling plot that outlines the spirit of musical theater with humor to boot, mijumaru not being a failure.

Probable reality: A meh episode where pokemon dress up and dance all cutesy-like with mijuamru being a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom