• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW053 - Somewhere over the rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if it's been said already, but I would like to see two things happen in this episode:

1. Nando returns, if only for a short time, since the Musical would be right up his alley

and/or 2. James catches a Maractus. He has yet to catch a Trainer-Abuser like his Victreebel/Chimecho/Cacnea/Carnivine before, and I could totally see a Maractus constantly glomping him and stabbing him with its quills.

I honestly can't see this ep being any good...c'mon, dancing pokemon in a competition setting? This was a horrible replacement for Contests in the games, thank god its likely just a one-off filler in the anime.

Imagine if this got as much screentime as Contests got in the anime? We'd have a main girl practicing dance routines in every episode...ugh.

My only hope for this ep is the pokemon antics get silly and amusing, because otherwise I am predicting that this will be one of the most hated eps of BW.

Well, if they do my two hopes, then I don't think it`ll be hated. It'll be lower on the priority list, but it won't be downright loathed. And besides, in the games, there is no competition whatsoever in the Musicals. There is no way they will focus on it.

Wouldn't Excadrill fit the Tin man slight more since he's part steel type?

I guess Pansage could be one of the flying monkeys...

Yes, but Gamagaru, you see, has no heart.

and/or 2. James catches a Maractus. He has yet to catch a Trainer-Abuser like his Victreebel/Chimecho/Cacnea/Carnivine before, and I could totally see a Maractus constantly glomping him and stabbing him with its quills.
No. I don't want to hate Maractus.

D8 y u no like james? He's so charming! (though not as charming as Nando *w*)

Please, god, no. The Rockets are so much above that now. I think Desumasu is as "cute" (and by cute I mean, "retreat and use Shadow Ball!") as we're going to get, here. They mean business, there's no time for LOL THIS POKEMON GLOMPS ME IS SO CUTE.

First. *points to Unicorns sig

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KILL IT WITH FIRE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That face scares me T^T It's one of the reasons why I hate stunfisk. PedoFish anyone?

Second, I miss the old team rocket though! Things SHOULD NOT be serious when Jessie, James and Meowth are around! Yeah, Butch and Cassidy maybe, but not Jessie and James!

@Eitarou That. Makes a lot of sense actually. Why didn't I think of that? durrhurr

Guys, this isn't the thread to talk about the Rockets attitude or whether anyone will catch Marakacchi. Stick to the episode itself please.

Talk about pokémon captures and general team building belongs in this thread., while discussion about the Rockets personalities and role in the show belongs here. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: all accusations in various threads that i faked this title or that i got it from a shady source: the info is real! if it matters, even joe (serebii) who reported the marakacchi episode on SPPF is confused as hell. we have conflicting episode titles and airdates from two very real japanese magazines on the shelf at present.

this is a scan from gekka TV guide naming the marakacchi episode and the pikachu short.
「月刊TVガイド 2011年11月号 関東版」を購入しました。テレビ東京で放送されるポケモンアニメは10月20日が特別企画... on Twitpic

With a source posted, anyone who claims that the title is fake will be given Banned/Wrong Topic infractions.

You can read more about the title situation here.

RE: all accusations in various threads that i faked this title or that i got it from a shady source: the info is real! if it matters, even joe (serebii) who reported the marakacchi episode on SPPF is confused as hell. we have conflicting episode titles and airdates from two very real japanese magazines on the shelf at present.

this is a scan from gekka TV guide naming the marakacchi episode and the pikachu short.
「月刊TVガイド 2011年11月号 関東版」を購入しました。テレビ東京で放送されるポケモンアニメは10月20日が特別企画... on Twitpic
Guess that at the very least, we'll have to wait until BW52 airs, and see which episode is in the preview?

Confuzzling stuff.

my guess is.... yes, or wait for a third magazine to also print some titles...a tiebreaker?

i am sure all of these episodes will air, just in what order we do not know? we do know a musical episode is happening, they made a big deal of it in the preview, so it can't just be something tacked on to another ep. as we also know the monozu and accelgor eps are happening.

the gekka tv guide scan doesn't have the dates on the scan. the magazine's full page had dates, and i don't doubt karubiimono, but when i go out later i'll pick it up and see for sure that it said october 20th and 27th. really it's not "will it air" but "when will it air" IMO :D

Uh... I`m gonna refrain from getting off topic about the validity of the title, since the mods already said they would ban us if we kept questioning it. Just sayin.

So, since Maractus is in the title, though I STILL think it might go to James at the end, I`m willing to open my mind to the other two options:

It goes to/comes from a rival/companion
OR
Ash gets pokemon #10

If it turns into the second one, I`m going to lose any hope that Ash will even make it past the preliminary round of the Unova league.

Please discuss possible Pokemon Captures/Evolutions here unless there is substantial evidence that a Pokemon will be captured in this episode.

For the record, we will not ban you, we will simply infract you without warning if you bring up a banned topic. :p Don't do it again.

i supposed tho, that it is okay to discuss the possible air dates or order of the episodes? if that was also no good i really do apologize!

though interestingly enough, almost all of the pokemon in these upcoming episodes are also in an upcoming toy set: pkmncollectors: NEW KIDS SET, sunyshore stuff, yeah yeah

not just because i also posted that pic of raichu and pikachu dancing earlier, but i do think this episode will have some major nostalgia values... i wish they'd have voice actors making the pokemon talk like they did back in that scaredy cat raichu episode ;_; but sing instead, musical and all...

If anyone has evidence that a title is fake, or a correct air date for an episode, you may PM an Anime moderator and we will handle it. Until then, assume good faith in preview threads please and speculate on the content of episodes as normal.

Order should be fine as long as the episode in the thread is the one being discussed! Not 100% sure yet though, gotta check with the baws, Ruru-kun :3c (@Taiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom