• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW053 - Somewhere over the rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
BW053 - Somewhere over the Rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!
October 27th

Source: Gekka TV Guide

EDIT: With brand new scan since suddenly, drama! Suspense! Conflicting episode airdates and titles in two legit magazines.
http://twitpic.com/6p73wy

Scan

416955969.jpg

In a certain town, Satoshi and friends meet Trio The Maracatch who are practicing their dancing to audition for a Pokemon Musical. Since the big setup for their climax isn't going well, they decide to help.
<= Pikachu and Yanappu fighting!? C'mon, make friends~.
=> Maracatch dance with Maracas. It looks fun!

Summary

@bluesun

Another summary that Haru-kaa from serebii found.

http://i.imgur.com/SHzhr.jpg

Sushi translated it.

Ash and his friends meet a group of Maractus practicing a dance with their Trainer Tobio. Tobio and his Pokémon want to enter a Pokémon Musical in Nimbasa City, but their final move doesn't work out well...

In certain town, Satoshi and friends meet the Maracatch dance group "Trio The Maracatch" and their trainer, Tobio. In order for them to pass the audition for the Pokemon Musical, they enter the town's Pokemon Performance Convention to test their abilities.

Staff Information

Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard, Assistant director: Shigeru Ueda
Animation director: Mizuho Tajima

Voice Acting Information

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/de...110271900.html

Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Pansage and Emolga will appear in this episode and the VA list apparently mentions a moderator, I think. It might be a bad translation.

Satoshi and friends train the Pokemon Dance Team "Trio The Marakatch" who are aiming for musicals!? Pikachu, Mijumaru, Kibago, Yanap...everyone dance&music!
Part 1
Continuing on their adventure going to Hodomoe City, in a certain town Satoshi and friends meet the, "Cactus" Pokemon, Marakatch Dance Team "Trio The Marakatch" that are practicing dancing.
For Tobio, a trainer dreaming of appearing in Raimon City's Pokemon Musical and "Trio The Marakatch", this town's Pokemon Performance Convention is to be a test of their skills.
Part 2
In order to win at the Convention, Tobio and friends are practicing again and again to complete their dance climax move, "Over The Rainbow!", but seeing that they can't pull it off well, Satoshi and friends decide to help!?

Cast:
Satoshi…Rika Matsumoto Pikachu…Ikue Ootani
Dent…Mamoru Miyano Iris…Aoi Yuuki
Kibago…Minami Tsuda Mijumaru…Misato Fukuen
Pokabu…Wasabi Mizuta Tsutarja…Megumi Hayashibara
Emonga…Mika Kanai Yanap…Chika Fujimura
Marakatch(Maa-kun)…Chinami Nishimura Marakatch(Raa-kun)…Akeno Watanabe Marakatch(Catchin)…Furushima Kiyotaka Tobio…Naomi Shindou
Chairman…Kensuke Satou Narration…Unshou Ishizuka

I assume the Chairman/Moderator will be a judge-like person at the Performance Convention...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW053 - Towards that Rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!

OwO !

Maractus is one of my top favorites from this gen, and I love rainbows and musicals, sooo I'm quite looking forward to this episode.

... Though the musicals suck in the games. Hope they do a better job in the anime.

Marakacci is a nice Pokemon! one of the stronger grass type beside the starter in this Generation! from design it is ideal for contests, I mean musicals! but the show needs filler episodes!

Why do I get the feeling the writers are going to treat the Musical like a psuedo-contest, just without any battling?

I can see it now, the three stages of dancing will all be treated like an appeal round, complete with judges and everything.

So we're not getting a Deino episode yet, right? Anyway, it really does look like Ash and co. will spend a lot of time in Nimbasa (so far it's BW047 - BW053, which makes 7 episodes in Nimbasa alone).

So we're not getting a Deino episode yet, right? Anyway, it really does look like Ash and co. will spend a lot of time in Nimbasa (so far it's BW047 - BW053, which makes 7 episodes in Nimbasa alone).

Uh, probably not. The Alder episode seems like they are heading out of Nimbasa since they come across Performer street which is probably the anime equivalent of Route 5. It could be a small sort of musical set out near Performer Street as well as Musical's have to do with performing.

Also, was I the only person who got the reference to the Wizard of Oz? Because in the title, it says 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

I honestly thought sunyshore was making up a lulzy title, then when I clicked the thread I'd see the real one...

Though, it does like a cute episode, and I've been looking forward to the cactus myself.

indeed i originally translated it to "towards/over the rainbow" but the internets taught me that it's the japanese translation of that song title and/or its lyrics. tho it seems to switch between 虹の彼方へ and 虹の彼方に but they mean the same thing :D so i thought this was a much nicer translation of the title.... and i won't be surprised if they do do a wizard of oz number in said pokemon musical.

my goodness that'd be adorable.

I'd doubt that the Japanese version of Pokemon would make a cultural reference, though.

Somewhere over the rainbow is iconic! I'm sure even Japanese kids would know about it.

Oh my god, Wizard of Oz Pokemon Style.

Who gets to be Dorothy?

Pokemon version of Wicked, anyone?!

Tsutarja and Emonga singing Defying Gravity :p

unless there are multiple episodes about the musical, for now i'll assume what we saw in the preview was from this one. so i have to ask... anyone else feel the nostalgia when they saw it?

bwpreviews04.jpg

bwpreviews05.jpg

though my history obsessed friend said mijumaru looks like john wilkes booth wearing abe lincoln's hat in that costume and now i can never unsee it.

did anyone else notice an abundance of the goth line in these upcoming episodes (musical and kami trio) by the way...?

unless there are multiple episodes about the musical, for now i'll assume what we saw in the preview was from this one. so i have to ask... anyone else feel the nostalgia when they saw it?

bwpreviews04.jpg

bwpreviews05.jpg

though my history obsessed friend said mijumaru looks like john wilkes booth wearing abe lincoln's hat in that costume and now i can never unsee it.

did anyone else notice an abundance of the goth line in these upcoming episodes (musical and kami trio) by the way...?

Wow that Pikachu and raichu pic really takes me back.. I thought this musical thing would be a horrible episode but I keep on forgetting that the orginal series had shows like this too (like that "talking" pokemon one, and the pikachu/raichu one)

...OH MY GOD CANNOT UNSEE OR UNTHINK.

i see it now...

mijumaru is the murderer! and gets an angry showtune along the lines of jekyll & hyde in justification of killing the president.

or. if you want to say that's a hitler mustache, miju gets to sing that song from the producers. springtime for hitler or something. the producers? anyone? anyone?

is my deep-rooted love for musicals and showtunes showing yet?

Ah, Nostalgia. It's just there to remind me that I've been watching this show with an idiot stuck in an endless cycle for 14 years. Dear god, where has time gone?

As for the episode...not expecting much from this, but w/e. There might be a few laughs here, and there...we'll see.

Last edited:
I don't know much about American presidents (I am British though, so I don't really need to know about them), but i guess they do. I do remember that John Wilkes Booth shot Abraham Lincoln, though. Anyway, this isn't a history lesson, this is a... er... Pokemon lesson.

I'd rather have Reuniclus in an episode, because it's one my favourites from Gen V.

I just love Oshawott with that hat and mustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom