• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW054: Mebukijika! The Four Seasons Lineup!!

That's because he's not really a photographer, per se. It doesn't seem to be a big thing for him. He just has a little point and shoot camera, whereas characters like Todd and Robert, who are actual photographers, have the bigger, high-quality cameras.

You know, I'm surprised no-one has complained about Shooty not being the photographer in this episode given that it's been his hobby since his first appearance.

Trip's just so forgettable that people can't even remember his character "quirk". :V

I'm honestly surprised they showed off all those past-generation Pokemon in those pictures. I thought that kind of thing was taboo in this generation, along with good-pacing and consistency.

Considering Yamaguchi Kappei was the voice of the photographer I was half expecting him to scare off the Amoongus with a threat of deploying his five thousand Swoobat army.

Ah so it was some wacky time travel thing that allowed his dad to get the picture... that's... bizarre and random... Maybe he's Doctor Who?

You know, I'm surprised no-one has complained about Shooty not being the photographer in this episode given that it's been his hobby since his first appearance.

I completely forgot that... he seems to have more of a rival trainer function now, and well, Shooti's getting enough screentime.
Also- I don't think it'd be as sweet of an episode with Shooti instead of that CoTD. But that's just my opinion.

Satoshi's always been the kind of kid who forgets about his friends and loved ones when he gets the chance to go on an adventure... the Yajilon episode of Advance for instance.

Also, did anyone else notice while Robert's pictures of Unova Pokemon were just pictures, the photos of past Pokemon were hand-drawn?

Ash cares about his friends, there have been plenty of times that have shown that he cares about his friends. Just some times he can be reckless and just run off when theres a Pokemon involved or some thing that hes intrested in.

About the episode, no mention of Todd eh? Well I guess I can see why. I mean, I didn't even remember him till some thing like what he did came upXD I liked this episode though, I liked the animation and well Ash getting more screen time LOL Hes my favorite character and I loved every thing he did here.

I thought it was cute in the beginning to see Ash actually playing around with Pikachu, tickling him and such. I don't remember any previous times he's ever just played around with Pikachu, having fun with him. =)

More proof BW is not a reboot, as the series goes on more and more proof that it isn't a reboot is popping up, with Satoshi seeing the Pokemon and seemingly knowing what Pokemon they are by simply smiling at them, as opposed to saying, "Who's that Pokemon?!".

Words cannot express how pissed I am that this wasn't done with Todd instead of a CotD. He even has curly hair and his VA, why couldn't they just make it him?! D:< It'd be a throwback to the old series and would make it a little less of a filler.

sdlkghaklsgjskldjgsk so mad right now.

good point. I thought of Todd as well actually. A nod to him perhaps? I'd rather they actually used him though!

Ok episode, but not a masterpiece (then again, we haven't really had a masterpiece episode in all of BW so...)

Good points

+ Dentroll: I loved it, he was funny.

+ Satoshi/Pikachu interaction: It was really sweet and I liked the peronality coming from Satoshi at the beginning and throughout the episode.

+ Robert: He was a more interesting Todd Snap trapped in the body of one the kids from the Brady Bunch. Overall, I liked him though.

Lukewarm points

- Story: I like how eerie it was at times but overall, the story didn't really move me or connect with me all that much.

- Iris: She wasn't memorable in this episode or really humourous, she didn't really do anything and was scenery for the most part of the episode. The end redeemed her a bit, cause I liked the emotion in her voice when she was calling out to Satoshi and Robert, she felt legit concerned as opposed to her usual, "I couldn't care less about these people I'm traveling with" self.

- Cute Kurumayu with a personality: They redeem the species but they just point out how bland and useless Satoshi's is.

Bad points

- Bambi: I think I've seen it enough for one lifetime.

- Pokémon debut for the sake of debuting a pokémon: Really not a fan of the mushroom, I think it looks like crap but it deserved better.

- The Bat: Not a fan before this episode, not a fan after... It was really really bland and looked ugly.

- Animation: Robert's age and height were kinda all over the place and very inconsistent in this episode, as were the characters in general. I wasn't feeling the look.

Overal, an ok episode, but there's a lack of either comedy or drama to make it really stand out and make it more than just a normal filler. The writers tried to do both, but achieved neither.

Oh look, it's Todd.

I was slightly annoyed by this whole thing about having all 4 types of Mebu's around. I suppose they didn't leave the area or something? *snicker*

Finally gotten around to watching the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Robert sends out his Kokoromori, the energy turns into a heart shape before revealing the Pokemon? I thought that was a nice little touch.

The animation in this episode was all over the place. Nobody could keep track at how many times Robert has changed height since the start of the episode. It started out with Robert being taller than Ash but shorter than Cilan, then taller than both Ash and Cilan, and finally Robert shrunk down to Ash's height. I'm sure the animation director has switched in the second half of the episode because Robert has not really changed height ever since.

Has it really been ten minutes since Ash and Robert were separated from Iris and Cilan? They literally spent the night camping out. That is very eerie.

Poor Robert never got a clear picture of the Sawsbuck because of Ash. Ash, it's your fault! Why didn't you give Robert his camera sooner?

Cute Kurumayu with a personality: They redeem the species but they just point out how bland and useless Satoshi's is.

Personality? What do you mean? The Swadloon in this episode were simply crawling on the ground.

Pokémon debut for the sake of debuting a pokémon: Really not a fan of the mushroom, I think it looks like crap but it deserved better.

The Amoonguss moved the plot along. If Robert had not risk himself getting poisoned to save a Deerling from the Amoonguss, who knows how long it would have taken Ash and Robert to finally see the Sawsbuck?

And if it were not for Robert being unconscious and Ash holding Robert's camera on his neck, we would not have had that little bit of comic relief near the end of the episode. Robert literally yanked the camera from Ash's neck just so he could take the picture.

Last edited:
I ship AshxRobert now XDD

Lol I really liked this ep Robert was surely a very interesting COTD , anyone else was reminded of that Baltoy ep from Hoenn during this ep?

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. It wasn't without its faults... Satoshi, why don't you care at all that you're separated from your friends? =___= What the hell was up with the animation? This was one of the first episodes of BW that I thought the animation was seriously sub-par.

Robert was seriously a breath of fresh air though. The episode was really charming with his character. Finally an interesting, memorable CoTD! I really connected with him and he struck me as really earnest, endearing, and entertaining. Good combination of traits. I loved the forest 'loons, they were so :< and cute. I love the species and I wish we saw more of Satoshi's/I wish his had more personality.

The Summer Shikijika was cute, but haven't we seen like a hundred thousand Shikijikas nowadays?

Also, kudos to the BGM choices. Lovely pieces.

I didn't think this episode was that bad- especially not in comparison to the snoozefest that was the last episode.

I'm not exactly sure how all of the different seasonal forms of Sawsbuck could be found at the same time (apparently it was by time travel?) but I'm glad all have been showcased, nonetheless.

Overall, I really didn't think it was bad, though nothing to write home about either.

I don't know if I'd say that it was time travel, really. It think there was just some weird time warp thing that affected the flow of time in that one particular area. Maybe that lake that has the power to heal people is responsible?

Also, did anyone else notice while Robert's pictures of Unova Pokemon were just pictures, the photos of past Pokemon were hand-drawn?

I don't think the photographs of the pre-gen V pokemon where actually hand-drawn...drawings. I think it's just the art director's way of showing that those photos were much older than the newer ones of Unova Pokemon, rather than slapping a slight sepia filter on them and calling it a day.

This was an alright filler, but I'm sorta glad to get it out of the way. :S

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom