• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW058: A Brotherly Battle between Dent and Pod! Baoppu VS Yanappu

Ya, But Is he seem like the trainer now who beat a Darkrai ?
I mean during DP, Did it felt like that Ash as Trainer who beat the Orange league & Battle Frontier ?
Even During AG, Peple just get nut over Drew & May but what about Ash ? a Completely a Nobody . Even in his own region people Know Who May & Drew is just by looking at their face but Ash still has to say ''Hi, I'm Ash Ketchum , I was the Top 8 in Ever grand conference !''.
I know Character development's are great But may be It would been better if Ash personality Develop someone character rather then being Brock & Clian's assistant .
I mean when even a character need development then it always up to Brock, Clian or A Rival.
I'm so fed up with it .
May it's time Ash personally start helping in developing other people character just like how Zoey & Drew help develop Dawn & May's character .
May be This anime get more rating if Ash able to make very close friendship with Difficult Minded People & If Ash able to turn Bad guys into good guys.
I mean Team Aqua & Magma change the way because of what happen ,not because of Ash.
Plus most of Team Galactic member went to jail.
And Instate of turning J & Cyrus into good guy, The writer Practically killed them !
I mean, May be people like if Ash convince Cyrus that this world is fine as it it , This world is not worth destroying.
And People would if Ash & J had a final show down where Ash change her rather then get her killed.

Damn. Isn't there anything you liked about the episode instead of keep going back to the pass of how many things Ash did?
I liked this episode because Cilan and Ash getting involved in an episode again. Ash being a referee for once and the battle between Cilan and Chili was good. It's nice to see good sibling bonding ever since May and Max were on the show.

I'm probably just repeating what's already been said, but it's nice to see a character who is neither a main character or rival get some character development -and for that matter, to see Chili again. I never would have guessed that Chili's losing streak would actually be addressed and used later. That was definitely a recipe for an interesting and original plotline. With a move like Solarbeam (I really liked how nearly every Fire-types gained the ability to learn that HM starting in D/P), Pansear should do much better in battles now.

So what if Ash lost a battle to him? At least there was a good plot-related reason for it.

A very enjoyable episode for me and seeing on how Pod needed Dento's help was cute.:3 It's also cute seeing Yanappu and Baoppu interacting, (Super Monkey Bros FTW) and funny on how Ash was being the referee.:D I'm glad Pod got redemption; after all that losses against Shooti, Cabernet and Ash, by using Baoppu to master Solar Beam and defeated Ash's Oshawott. The battle was good despite I'm a little disappointed when Oshawott is once again used as a fall guy, heck I RAGE'D when he lost to Darmanitan owned by Bianca's dad but this time I can tolerate his loss as Pod needed that win. Hopefully Oshawott can have redemption in future episodes.

Absolutely loved this episode! D:

As was said, I'm so glad Pod's losing streaks were actually a plot point. Even though that head-on, risky fighting style fit him, it wasn't such a good idea to keep going with it. Glad to see how much he's improved! My favorite part was the Solarbeam towards the end waaa D: I've rewatched that scene at least five times, lol.

Nice ep... I like Chili so much, BW could be so much better if he was there instead of Cilan...
Anyway, I liked how Chili goes to eat when he's angry XD I also liked how it and Pansear are pretty much the same in personality (which is also true for Cilan and Pansage... and well, to many other character/Poké in this show, but I really like it)
I wonder if they explained something about the 4 moves limit and how it gets chosen which move is "forgotten" for the newly learned move? I guess not since no one mentioned it here... but Cilan explained to Chili he doesn't need 4 moves of the same type and had him learn Solar Beam for advantage on water types... I guess that means Solar Beam replaced something... I just wants to be sure wether they explained how exactly it gets chosen which move is replaced/forgotten - it was the PERFECT opportunity to explain this
Also, I just KNEW Oshawott is about to use Aqua Jet when I saw in this position!

Nice ep... I like Chili so much, BW could be so much better if he was there instead of Cilan...
But isn't Pod sort of similar to Satoshi in personality? I love Pod and all, but if he had joined instead of Dent there wouldn't be much of a balance within the group, and I also mean that in the literal sense - Without the mature and positive person to settles things down that kind of group would go off the rails a lot.

Actually that would be hilarious. For one day have Pod travel with Iris and Satoshi and watch all hell break loss with them.

But isn't Pod sort of similar to Satoshi in personality? I love Pod and all, but if he had joined instead of Dent there wouldn't be much of a balance within the group, and I also mean that in the literal sense - Without the mature and positive person to settles things down that kind of group would go off the rails a lot.

Actually that would be hilarious. For one day have Pod travel with Iris and Satoshi and watch all hell break loss with them.

I can't see how Chili is so similar to Ash... if anything, he's similar to Barry - which I also thought could be awesome in the DP group either instead or in addition to Brock
I don't really like Cilan... for me, the dream team for BW would be Ash and Dawn as the stars and Iris and Chili as the sidekicks... or BW heroine instead of Dawn if there's just no way she'd stay...
I also don't think they had to have a "mature" person in the group... especially if that means he's pretty much a boring version of Brock (yeah, I know most people here won't agree with me about Cilan, but that's my opinion)
I'd prefer no "mature" person in the group at all, or Ash being the "mature" one as further development from his DP days... (seriously, the kid can learn how to make a simple sandwich to himself - it's pretty ridiculous he's always having his personal chef... also, he did just fine without a personal chef in Orange)
If they just had to have someone play the "big brother" role and just won't accept using Ash for that, then BW heroine could work in that case, especially if she IS older than the rest which according to the games she is (actually, was that ever proved BW heroes area really older or was that just a rumour?)
Even Dawn herself proved she could take care of the food stuff at least, since she could make pancakes (and Pikachu helped her make them too, so it seems it can do things too) and poffins for the Pokémon... she also made that mushed Oran Berry for Pachi when it was sick and used her knowledge from Brock to take care of the hurt Mamoswine...
And I know I got a little off topic but I had to reply to that... I really think the BW group could be so much better... and the BW series in general...

Somehow, I'm not surprised the Brothers Dent got the first widely loved episode in god knows how long. I want to hope to the bottom my heart that this just isn't the sign of some writer (and fandom) bias towards Cilan and his family.

Only proves what I've known all along. Cilan and his brothers are the best characters in BW.

...probably in the whole series so far too.

Only proves what I've known all along. Cilan and his brothers are the best characters in BW.

...probably in the whole series so far too.

Yep. I think Cilan is also the most popular new character introduced in the show in a long time, I think since Paul really.

I'm a bad fan, I've been hyping this episode up for myself for so long and didn't get a chance to see it until yesterday XD

But I definitely loved it with all my heart <3 The way Dento kept bringing up that they were bros and that's why they got each other's backs and everything...totally sweet. I think my favorite part was when it was shown that both Pod and Baoppu ate their feelings when they were depressed XDDD

But...my god, if they do more STRIATON BROS BONDING episodes, I definitely won't be disappointed.

Hey, A question
Chili said he leave the Striaton Gym when he show up in this Episode. I heard he also mentioning something about Battling Style.
So At the end of the Episode, Did Chili gone back to Striaton Gym or He's Still traveling ?
Well, If he's still traveling to improve his battling style then He might become Ash's Rival !
Well , That will a new twist in the Plotline !
Imagine that, At the Unova league Trip got his butt kick by Chili instate of Ash & Then Chili face of Ash's as the strongest Unova rival !
I wonder if people gonna like this ? although people are going on & on about how great Cilan & his brother are in this thread !
It also mean ,Ash gonna kick Trip's butt before Unova league start !

He said he was going back to Sanyou so he can have make-up sex with Corn.
Really, Shit
U know, I thought Writer was preparing a surprise for Us !
I thought He might treat someone colder as Ash's main rival but at the end he gonna reveal someone warmer person as Ash's most dangerous rival !
I though Trip might be the colder one while Chili will be the Warmer rival !
But I guess I was wrong.

Cress' advice sucked *&$#@! !@$#. It hit a little close to home with Chilli being angry aggressive and self loathing which gave me another reason to hate Iris. Self doubt exists for a reason its adult very little children worry about not being up to snuff. And getting angry over crappy advice is acceptable behavior if the advice is that dumb. I relized though that Dent's advice would different(it was) and that made me calm down because it revealed that aggressive wasn't the problem Chilli being stupid was and I thought he was being stupid.

You guys who think rationally don't exactly apply to a show full of ten and twelve years olds. And If I were you I would totally disregard anything that comes out of Iris's mouth. This is why the others seem to ignore Iris's comments.

You guys who think rationally don't exactly apply to a show full of ten and twelve years olds. And If I were you I would totally disregard anything that comes out of Iris's mouth. This is why the others seem to ignore Iris's comments.

Saying a character isn't bad if you disregard dialogue (the thing that tells their character) is like saying "oh this game good. The shitty controls are part of the challenge". It doesn't make sense to me. Being designed for children is not an excuse for bad design. The writers knew this that's why we were hooked so I'm aloud to critique it. And I said I calmed down and enjoyed the episode after that.

I finally got myself to watch this episode, and while I'm not one to fangirl over the triplets (except Dent), I really enjoyed them in this episode. I love how accurately they portray their personalities based on the types they train.

Character development was portrayed really well in this ep, and I couldn't agree more on Dento's advice on movesets - I tend to plan my Pokémon the exact same way when I play the games, and that's why watching Pod learning all this was interesting.

Definitely one of my favorite BW episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom