• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW058 - Dent and Pod, The Brothers Battle! Baoppu VS Yanappu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: BW 056 (?) - Cilan vs Chili!?

I am completely unaffected by this news.

ASLDFKJLSADJFLADSJFAJ OGMOGM OMASFLKAJF;JASDGJOAGMSLKDFJASOGMO MGOMGOMGGMGOMGGGG
ALL OF MY ~FEELINGS~
ASDLKFJASLDJLAKJ

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

tumblr_lt8vgoBL8f1qm5o3s.gif

tumblr_ltdclfOyOP1qbsjydo1_500.gif

ME RIGHT NOW

tumblr_ltbq059vMu1qg4h17.gif

Bishie B&^&$^*@s. But I hope Pansage Learns Seed Bomb, especially after the move was only used by Maury's Torterra in M10.

Holy shit this came as a surprise. Yes to Chili and Cilan character development. <3
I somehow hope Chili wins since his known battle streak is losing (and it would be interesting to see how Cilan takes to losing to his bro-bro), though Rock Tomb won't be so nice on Pansear...;_;

I'm hoping Cress and Panpour (~*~*dreamboats*~*~) appear sometime soon as well.

If Chili wins, I hope he would be on the show for a change of scenery. They're not annoyances like Misty and her sisters, so I can tolerate.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
dfajsdfjasdlfkjsdal;fmsdafdas
YES.

I'm so happy about this. The brothers are just...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ <3

I'm very excited about this. I want more fire monkeys, dammit.

Re: BW 056 (?) - Cilan vs Chili!?

If Chili loses this, this will prove that he's no doubt the weakest of the three. If he loses here, his record will be 0-4 in the anime XD

This is excluding the hundreds of off-screen trainers that Chili sweeps to the ground every day without a sweat right? :eek:

Re: BW 056 (?) - Cilan vs Chili!?

This is excluding the hundreds of off-screen trainers that Chili sweeps to the ground every day without a sweat right? :eek:

Or possibly the hundreds of off-screen characters that sweep the floor with Chili every day without breaking a sweat. We really have no way of knowing.

Re: Upcoming Cilan vs Chili episode

Good to know that the other two Striaton Gym Leaders won't be ignored.

Well, at least one of them won't be. But hey, if they're still thinking about them enough to have Chili show up again, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cress episode as well.

Yes, bad wording on my part. But I'm sure Cress will will at least be mentioned all the same.
Maybe the reason Chili is the one getting screentime is to give him some love for his losing streak.

I thought the writer's had forgotten about Cress altogether.
Writers: Okay, we need [Insert Character name here] to have the trio badge - so since Cilan's left the gym, which one of his brothers did [Character] battle for the badge? Let's see, there's Chili and uh...let's just make it Chili.

I'm excited for this episode. I didn't expect to see Cilan's brothers again until the end of Best Wishes. I'm ready to watch those cute little monkeys fight it out. :)

By the way, its obvious why Chili's there alone. He was off doing secret Shadow Triad business and ran into Cilan and others on the way. All three brothers can't go off secretly at the same time, it'd look too suspicious, so they take turns.

I thought the writer's had forgotten about Cress altogether.
Writers: Okay, we need [Insert Character name here] to have the trio badge - so since Cilan's left the gym, which one of his brothers did [Character] battle for the badge? Let's see, there's Chili and uh...let's just make it Chili.

cant denie the truth. ;P

By the way, its obvious why Chili's there alone. He was off doing secret Shadow Triad business and ran into Cilan and others on the way. All three brothers can't go off secretly at the same time, it'd look too suspicious, so they take turns.

I KINDA belive the whole 'chili, cress, and cilan are the shadow triad' conspirisy, but instead of having to spy on ash's travles, cilan went with him to get away from the shadow triad business (and to be with iris.)

anyways juding on that picture, it seams as that pansage learns seed bomb. though it also looks like rock tomb. i dont know, all i do know is that cilan better and is gonna win he is strongest of the three after all. chili is either weak beyond comperhension or they keep messing up cress for chili.

100TH POST!

Last edited:

It's official, this is the episode on the list of future episodes I'm looking forward to the most. I really hope we'll learn about Dent's (and the rest of the Sanyou brothers, but mostly Dent) past in this episode. A sibling battle is always great.

I'm glad it's Pod battling Dent instead of Corn, I find him to be my second favourite of the brothers. Also, to be fair, Corn does seem to be the calm and cool one of the brothers so his personality might be the most average, while Pod is a fired-up, hot-headed, person so there's more ways they can portray his character. Plus I would pay anything to hear more Masakazu Morita in the Pokémon anime (that guy is excellent as Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach despite said show not being as good as it was long ago).

You know I'm thinking Yanapp's new move might be Natural Gift.

First look at the description of Natural Gift:
The user draws power to attack by using its held Berry. The Berry determines its type and power.

Now if you look here Yanapp is clearly shown drawing in power (it might be even more apparent if you see it animated).

Neither Rock Tomb or Seed Bomb requires a Pokémon to draw in power to attack, but you might be wondering what's with that rock/round object. Well Natural Gift gains different types depending on the berry held and Pokémon Special shows it has different styles of attacking depending on its type. So the one Yanapp is using against Baopp in the preview might be a Rock-type Natural Gift.

Yeah I know a Pokémon manga might not be the best thing to compare, but the fact that Natural Gift gains a different type depending on the berry there's a chance that's (similar to) the way it's supposed to be portrayed. So in the preview might be showing the power Yanapp is drawing in turns into rock which he throws.

But that leaves the question of the berry. The description says the Pokémon draws in power from the berry it is holding, however as item holding wasn't added into the anime it's unknown if Natural Gift in the anime requires to draw in power from the berry. Maybe in the anime it's changed into the Pokémon drawing in power from nature or just randomly drawing in power.

Last edited:

Just found out, and I'm looking forward to it.
I liked how Pansage and Pansear shook hands, like brothers, I just felt it was rather sweet.
Hopefully, Chili wins as firstly, it'd be his first mentioned win, and according to the title, he has the type-advantage. However, Cilan is probably a formidable opponent.
Also, hopefully Cress gets some more screentime too. He had a cool enough character.

What would be awesome is a Brock vs Cilan episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom