• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW059 - Tornelos VS Voltolos VS Landlos (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like neither Iwane or Tamagawa's animating this two-parter. :-(
I don't recognize Tatsuya Annoura either, has s/he animated Pocket Monsters in the past?

I could have sworn Iwane was directing this episode. Well, he can still provide some key animation.

Annoura was key animator in several episodes and movies, but this is the first one she/he (I believe is a he) directs.

Animation looks awesome... Iwane's been doing a lot lately, huh? Key animation in the Accelgor episode, AD for the Deino episode, key animation in the Gothita episode... and now, key animation in this episode (Well, at least it appears to be him
).

I don't mind those mistakes as long as the general animation is awesome as it seems to be. Iwane is one of the best animators in Pokémon (even though he is not the AD, everything in the preview seems to come from his hands, I suppose he's doing Key Animation or something) and he makes a lot of mistakes like that (this or people just watch his episodes with more attention and thus are able to spot those errors). I rarely spot those things, and thus I don't really mind them, as I'm more focused on Iwane's depiction of the Pokémon world.

^This.

I could have sworn Iwane was directing this episode. Well, he can still provide some key animation.

Annoura was key animator in several episodes and movies, but this is the first one she/he (I believe is a he) directs.

Yep. He was a key animator in a lot of Iwane's Johto episodes, and in the DP series, Natsume's episodes. Currently he does key animation in both Natsume's episodes and Iwane's episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does as an animation director...

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Bhg99Qq9w-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhg99Qq9w-w[/video]
The next adventure... is this!
[Orange: Seeking Resurrection Grass] Eh? I can't have a Gym Battle unless I bring you some Resurrection Grass?
[Blue: Satoshi and friends head to Milos Island] Alright! Let's go to the Legendary Island, Milos Island!
[Pink: The Legendary Pokemon] Ah! The Pokemon are rampaging! What's happening!
[Green: Tornaloss and Voltoloss attack!!] Next time: Pocket Monsters: Best Wish:
[Purple: What is going on!?] Tornaloss VS Voltoloss VS Landoloss! (Start) Everyone, Get Pokemon!
Ahead of Satoshi and friends who arrive at the island known as the "Legendary Island", Milos Island, is much withered Resurrection Grass... But, that is nothing but a mere prologue to the great fight between the Legendary Pokemon...!
Part 1
For his Gym Battle, Satoshi and his friends return to Hodomoe City, but as always, Yacorn is very busy and cannot face him. Yacorn says that if he brings Resurrection Grass, he will battle him, and Satoshi and friends head to the island known as the "Legendary Island", Milos Island in search of Resurrection Grass.
When Satoshi and friends arrive on Milos Island, they meet a youth, Yuuto, who harvests Resurrection Grass together with his "Decorated Flower" Pokemon, Dredia.
Part 2
Yuuto says that recently, the earth has got thin, which has upset the grass-type Pokemon and caused the Resurrection Grass to wither.
Yuuto and Satoshi and friends, following the legends of Milos Island, pray to the God of Fertility, the "Fertility" Pokemon, Landoloss, and begin a ceremony to summon rain. But instead, the God of Lightning, the "Whirlwind" Pokemon, Tornaloss, appears...!

This is going to be the best episode of The Stunfisk Show ever, kyu.

Here's hoping Stunfisk falls in love with Charles or Accelgor, kyu.

The summary still doesn't explain if the Gothorita that is present with the group belongs to Yuto.

468706008.jpg

Thanks to Karubiimunomuno for the scan.

@bluesun, over to you =P

Last edited:
Smash Preview

- A map is unwrapped.
- Ash and co. are on a ship.
- Yuto holds a withered piece of Ressurection grass it seems.
- Yuto talking to Gothorita in the cabbin.
- Yuto holding a bunch of long grass against Landorus's summoming statue(I think).
- Gothorita prays and is surround by a purple aura, before creating a cloud in the sky.
- Everyone is all shocked again.
- Tornadus uses Hidden Power.
- Thundurs uses....Charge Beam? I don't know, some electric move that it has been seen using for a while now.

I really hope these episodes don't disappoint to make up for the long delayed Plasma episodes. But then, I really don't expect an "epic" battle or anything between these two genies, I just expect a good two-parter to be happy.

Wow, Clay's kind of a dick, isn't he? I know he's kind of one in the games too but jees...

"I won't accept your gym battle challenge like any responsible gym leader should, unless you go out of your way to a far-off, potentially-dangerous island with a lightning god on it and get me some plant."

Makes me wonder what this "resurrection grass" really is... >____>'

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that maybe one of his Pokémon is sick, and needs the grass to make it better. That would be plausible to me.

Either that or it's an illegal substance that he has young, naive Satoshi retrieve for him because it's a lot less suspicious than for The Boss to get it himself.

I prefer the former, though.

Regardless, Yacon's still my favorite Isshu gym leader, even if he does occasionally come off as dickish.

Regardless, Yacon's still my favorite Isshu gym leader, even if he does occasionally come off as dickish.
But that's part of his appeal, I think. He's different from the boring or goodie-goodie Gym Leaders. Plus, when he does good things, it shows that he's got a heart as black as coal of gold, kyu.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom