• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW062: Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Stone Cave!!

Is it weird that I actually liked seeing TRio succeed in one of their missions for once? Since we are so used to seeing the group fail time and time again in the past despite all of the preparation, effort, and resources that they have put into completing previous missions, I thought I would never see their day for success to come into fruition.

Don't get me wrong, they were still defeated by Ash and co. in battle, but at least they didn't lose the materials that they have worked hard to extract. The stones may or may not affect the organization's plans in the future, and we may never see the stones ever showing some sort of use on-screen, but the writing in this episode shows that TRio can actually get away with style. They don't have to lose entirely. Furthermore, I liked hearing Meowth say "mission complete," because success is something that these characters hardly achieve in the series (since they are the antagonists and "punching bags," they have to lose the majority of the time by default). For all we know, this may very well be the group's only opportunity for true success or victory in this series so let's make the most of it.

On a more general note, this was a very good episode. All of the characters (the main group, the supporting characters, and the pokémon) all had a role to play and it felt like nobody was left out. The writer of this episode must have felt generous to give Bianca, a character who had been known for her incompetency and impulsiveness in the past, both the intelligence and the patience to formulate two plans that had actually helped the main characters achieve their objective.

The evolution during the episode was a welcome surprise, but fortunately the writer planned the script in a way where that was not the only reason why this episode was worth watching. The episode felt less like a shining moment for a specific pokémon that belongs to a specific character and more like an ensemble where all of the characters had at least one pokemon that played a purpose.

The best element of the episode, in my opinion, had to be how it successfully introduced and established the plotline for the next episode. Unlike past episodes where the main cast encountered these characters off-screen, the writer spent the time to justify why these characters felt like meeting up in the first place. Bianca had a motive for wanting to meet up with Professor Juniper, while Professor Juniper had her own research team exploring the Chargestone Cave. The planned trade and evolution between their pokémon were explained in the middle of this episode to prevent that explanation from spilling over into the next episode. The episode actually ended on a cliffhanger, with Ash awaiting the trade between these two characters.

The only "bad" part about this episode was how this episode further establishes that Bianca is more like a friend to Ash than she is as his rival. They had a few antagonizing moments here and there (mostly from Ash being angry at Bianca for inadvertedly pushing him into a water fountain or a river), but once again I don't get the feel of a "rival" from this character. It's such a shame because there are still some recurring characters who did not receive any screentime since the end of the Club Battle tournament, and their reappearances are pre-empted for a "friendly" rival who may or may not provide a challenge against Ash in the future.

Last edited:
So Bel's getting more competent now. A plus, I guess. Araragi's assistant in this episode had such a lame design. Brown hair and blue eyes. Yay. :-/
I dare say the Rocket motto in this episode was, like, the best since the Site of Dreams episode. Such great character poses and animation! <3 :) Speaking of the Rocket-dan, they seemed to be much more energetic in this episode than previous episodes. They actually showed some emotion (such as when Ishizumai evolved) yet they still showed signs of seriousness. A very interesting combination.

Last edited:
Team Rocket's backup for escaping with the rocks was pretty smart. Though I do wish that we had actually spent a bit more time in the cave, especially with it being so nicely designed.

Bianca was pretty smart in this episode too, which was refreshing after her last appearance.

Poor Ash had a rough episode though, getting shoved into taking a dip twice, and shocked, I think, three times.

This episode really made me enjoy Bianca character again. In fact, everyone..yes, Iris included was relatively enjoyable. More Bianca like this please. Also Cilan EVOLUTION TIME was amusing. Oh yeah, Bianca apologizing it adorable. <3

I loved Ash reaction to getting knocked in the water the second time. He looked pretty pissed, like he wanted to kill Bianca. I also chuckled at the exchange where Iris called Ash a child for not knowing what the cave was, and he was like "Well, miss know it all, do you know what it is?", and she was like "Nope."

This was a very nice episode...There was a lot going on in it...So, Team Rocket was stealing stones to create a new energy? And it seems like the Joltik/Denchura use those rocks to store electricity or as a powersource, which is why they targeted Pikachu, Emolga, Stunfisk, and Chillarmy for an electric charge, to help their Joltik. That was nice.

Whenever Bel shows up, she always knocks him into some kind of body of water...That's kinda annoying now...Anyways, I wouldn't consider Bel totally 'competent' because she still comes off as an airhead to me, even here in this episode. HOWEVER! She did have some very nice tricks up her sleeve. Using Chillarmy's thunderbolt to lure the denchura away, and to slam them with falling berries with swift. Luring another denchura away with her watch, very clever.

Ash, Iris, Cilan, Bel, everyone put in work to stop Team Rocket...Cilan's Dwebble evolved, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it learned a new move...Don't know what it was though...Team Rocket's gonna have to make some alterations in their roster if they want to stand a chance against Ash and Co. getting more powerhouses.

My only dissapointment with this episode is that it was Team Rocket causing the problem since this was at Chargestone Cave, and...there's no sign of Team Plasma or N...Have I missed something? Another lost opportunity to incorporate the evil organization from the games...

Is it bad my post would've been almost word-for-word to what Dogasu said in the first post of his?

Only thing I would've mentioned is that the writers remembered TRio was supposed to succeed partially in their plans.

I really liked this episode. TRio should be used more like this. Battling the gang, but also getting something out of it for their evil plans.
Crustle looks great, Joltiks looked cute, Cilan's reaction priceless.
I just didn't like the ready made joke of Bell pushing Ash in the water, the second time was funny because was unexpected, the first time was ugh.

Meowth operating that machine was totally adorable. I wonder if the Pokemon world has an equivalent of LOLcats for this sort of thing? Cats conspire evilly all the time, probably.

It'd be funny if the Bachuru from the Kenyan episode was the same Bachuru who shocked Mijumaru.

EDIT: Also, Musashi just sending her Koromori out to attack Bachuru didn't set right with me. She could have just stepped on it (maybe risk electrocution, but the TRio are pretty much immune to electricity at this point), caught it, or threw a rock at it. But the whole scene did make her look evil.

You'd almost think Cilan had never seen a Pokémon evolve before... But who cares. This was a fresh reaction to a Pokémon evolution. And I guess this is Cilan's first Pokémon to ever evolve in his party.

Good to see that Bianca is getting better at being a trainer. If she continues to grow as a trainer, then she could easily be one of the most developed characters in BW.

Cool beans. It was nice to see Bel actually do something right for a change. Of course, her Escavalier troubles in the upcoming episode could just as easily nullify that, but for now I'm savouring the moment.

Woah, Bianca's actually becoming clever! Using Minccino's Thunderbolt and Swift like that, and the trick with her Xtransceiver really surprised me. Of course it was balanced out by knocking Ash into water twice, but whatever. Plus her getting angry at TR was hi-larious!

Oh Cilan, you're so adorable when you're in awe of stuff.

Also, Crustle FTW! And I had forgotten how cute Joltik are in the anime! Squeeee~!

Yay!!! Cilan's Dwebble has become a Crustle! Yay, for "IT'S EVOLUTION TIME"!!! God, I've been waiting for so long for something like this to happen. Stop staring in disbelief and command the evolving sequence, will you guys?

Bianca was great. This would have been more appropriate against Elesa, but I guess it's better late than never. Loved how she used a tree as an attractive lightning rod for those Galvantulas and using her Xtransceiver as a sort of tracker, I... guess.

Oshawott summoning himself to help out was pretty good here. Loved how all of the party members were helpful in this episode.

This episode was all kinds of awesomeness for sure. Dang, this show is awesome.

-Bel, hands down the best episode with her for me and the best character of this whole episode. I really liked her appearance this time, seriously give me this Bel over that cute Pokemon obsessed stalker, girly girl, accident prone(all the time), annoying freak she was in her last appearances. I liked both of her strategies of using the Live Caster as well as luring the Denchura away. But, at the same time I thought it was a bit of a stretch that she was able to lure the Denchura away and use Speed Star to knock the Oran Berries off the tree and cluck them, if only because that seems more like something Satoshi would do, but I really did like it. I also thought it was a tad forced that she was so pissed at Team Rocket, this is the very same girl that thought Team Rocket were a, "Team of Rocket Scientist". I also thought her comedy was good since it wasn't overused, I still don't see her as being a threat to Satoshi yet especially since her Charbu was subdued by a wild Chillarmy, Emonga, and one Volt Tackle from Pikachu but, she's on her way for sure.

-Music and animation for the win, especially the Route 201 music from DP.

-Iris, one word fantastic. I really giggled at her cute snarky scene at the beginning of the episode, her criticizing Satoshi for not knowing of Electric Rock Cave. I thought it was smart of her to use Doryuuzu a Ground Type to deal with the Eleki Net as well as Denchura, type advantages in BW are always a plus. I liked her new Monster Ball throwing pose, just cool. I liked how she was so happy for Ishizumai and Dento.

-Satoshi-Tachi Pokemon for the win! I really liked how Mijumaru wanted to help Pikachu get that Bachuru off his back and came out of his Monster Ball just to do it, reminded me of how in the Kenyan episode Pikachu did that same thing for Mijumaru. I also liked that little wink and pose he made toward Iris's Emonga before he departed back to his Monster Ball, Emonga wasn't entirely creeped out this time(your getting close Miju ;p). Speaking of Emonga, Iris's Emonga was just the greatest. I really liked how she was creeped out by Mijumaru's efforts to hit on her and I also got a nice grin out of how she did that diva pose before returning to her Monster Ball after Mijumaru returned a bad girl and a bad ass too so cool and she had the swag too :p I also enjoyed seeing the electricity siphoned trio of Maggyo, Pikachu, and Emonga all tired and enervated, the electricity pancake flounder could stand to have a bit of a personality though :p Doryuuzu's scene where he proudly cuts down the Eleki Nets while grinning and not giving a ratass about Bel and Satoshi running off a cliff was lol worthy. I also thought the Bachuru were cute playing with Chillarmy and Pikachu.

-Chillarmy gets his own section for being the MVP(Most Valuable Pokemon) of this episode. Seriously, I like rodents and electric types in general so I defiantly think this episode did the chinchilla justice since it really pained me to see it screwed over and beaten up so easily after being caught by Bel. One of my favorite and most cherished Normal Types, I'm also glad it seems Chillarmy might have given up Mero-Mero since it's gotten redundant and broken. Learning Thunderbolt was a stroke of brilliance since it gives the chinchilla some coverage. I really like the scene when he's standing on Bel's arm they both looked very powerful XD

-Team Rocket, they were good this episode I guess. As far as I'm concerned Satoshi-Tachi didn't foil shit. They helped out the Bachuru and Denchura but, that at the end of the day Team Rocket still got what they wanted. I thought the scene with Musashi going so far to get rid of the Bachuru made her look real evil and cruel. I'm getting really tired of seeing Koromori and Desmas it's getting boring and unpredictable with those same attack, and what the heck was up with that Ghost move working on Chillarmy? 0_o

-Dento he was good, I liked his new commanding pose. When he isn't doing the screen hog, Moe moe bishie sparklez, thing he's good. I also liked Ishizumai evolving and his "Evolution Time" and all those crazy poses, I liked that Iwaperesu learned Rock Wrecker on screen ;p It would've been forced to have it learned that off screen, but evolution is growth struggle, and stride to get stronger so Iwaperesu learning it was great.

-Satoshi, funny, cool, and personable :]

Last edited:
I always liked Bianca bumping into Ash and Ash falling into the water as result of it, but this time I exploded of laughing when it happened in the Pokémon Center! That little pool at the middle of the Pokémon Center was sooooooo random, sitting there just for Ash to fall into it XDDD
Bianca is awesome <3 totally saves us from BW's usual stuff... it's almost like with Barry - every time Bianca appears, the ep is automatically good... only that with Barry, it was more like "the ep is automatically even better than it'd be anyway"
Still need to watch the next ep, but that will have to wait for another time... (more Bianca! <3 )

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom