• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW062: Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Stone Cave!!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director - Hiromasa Amano
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

Continuing on the their journey, Pikachu suddenly gets sick and faints! Satoshi investigates and discovers that a Bachuru has drained its energy! When Dent and Iris wonder what's going on, they see that Maggyo and Emonga have been drained by two more Bachuru as well! Just what is going on?!

Re: BW 061 "Bachuru, Dentula! The Electric Rock Cave!!" Review Thread

Bel's competent now? Well, that's exciting. The way she knocked out those Dentula with those Berries was great, as was her plan to use her Live Caster to lure the electric pokemon to her.

"It's evolution time!" made me smile.

Also, holy shit, the Rocket-Dan remembered they have pokemon.

Minccino can use Thunderbolt now. Hence him being taken away too.

Ash ends up in not one, but two bodies of water today!

Bianca, I don't know where you got your mad planning skills today but can you stay like this? Please?

Pokémon Dare Da?: Dwebble.

It's Evolution Time! God, Cilan's enthusiasm never gets old.

Prof. Oak's Live Caster: Beheeyem.

Was it really necessary for Ash to be knocked into two bodies of water?

Anyway, I love how Bianca battled today and I'm annoyed Crustle learned Rock Wrecker here, but I love how scared Woobat and Team Rocket were after it evolved. Good episode.

This is a rundown of what happened.

They're traveling along a path and Ash notices Pikachu is sick.

Oshawott comes out to help pull it off and gets knocked out from the zapping.

Iris and Cilan bring out Emolga and Stunfisk to give it energy, but the Joltik suck the power from inside their Pokeballs.

They come out and they are droopy and haggard like Pikachu.

They;re at the Pokemon center and they're all better now.

Ash returns Pikachu and Iris and Cilan return Emolga and Stunfisk.

Bianca rushes in and crashes into Ash.

Ash gets knocked into a pond in the Pokemon Center.

Yep, they contact Juniper and Juniper walks out the cave into a clearing in the middle.

Juniper and her assistants have set up a camp in the clearing.

The communication is cut off and the group see some Galvantula walking around outside.

Team Rocket are in the cave collecting rocks.

James mentions Zager.

Jessie shoes away a Joltik with her Woobat.

The group are walking and Bianca brings out her Minccino.

Some Galvantula heal the Joltik that was kicked out by Jessie.

Cilan and Bianca talk about the trade talks about the trade.

I guess that is why Bianca is here.

Bianca's Minccino knocks out some Galvantula with Thunderbolt and Swift.

Some other Galvantula zap Ash and co. other Galvantula string shot and take away Pikachu.

Some Galvantula shoot some string with electricity running down it and they zap Ash with an electric net.

Exacdrill cuts the net.

Ash and Bianca accidentally run off a cliff.

The Galvantula with Pikachu and Minccino break the string shots around them and then the two see blue eyes in a forest surrounding them and they look worried.

Who's that Pokemon? Dwebble.

Ash falls down a cliff onto some grass.

Bianca comes sliding after and knocks Ash into a pond.

Bianca uses her Xtranciever to follow a Galvantula.

Iris and Cilan run into Juniper and one of her assistants.

Pikachu and Minccino help out by zapping some Joltik to give them power.

Juniper, her assistant, Iris and Cilan have found something mysterious.

Queue Team Rocket in a new mecha.

Cilan brings out Dwebble to battle.

Pikachu and Minccino are having fun with the Joltik.

Iris brings out Excadrill to use dig and Team Rocket's vehicle's front side falls in the hole and they're stuck.

The Joltik and Galvantula lift up the vehicle.

Bianca and Minccino get fired up.

Excadrill and Dwebble get ready.

Woobat and Yamask use Gust and Night Shade.

Pikachu and Minccino use Thunderbolt and Swift.

Dwebble crawls forward so hard he starts to evolve.

Cilan is happy.

Here comes Crustle!

Woobat and Team Rock are Scared.

Cilan's Crustle learns and uses Rock Wrecker.

Team Rocket lose and they Jetpack off whilst a box/plane carries off the rocks they extracted from Chargestone Cave.

Everyone is happy in the cave.

THey walk out into the clearing and Bianca is exited about the trade.

Last edited:

Team Rocket lose and Jessie and James fly off in a box plane?

They flew off in jetpacks. That box plane thing flew off with them containing whatever it is they were gathering, I assume.

They flew off in jetpacks. That box plane thing flew off with them containing whatever it is they were gathering, I assume.

Uh, makes more sense. I thought they escape in something weird like in the episode Ash caught Tepig.

I wonder why the need those rocks. I hope it's for yet another big mission down the road.

So, Minccino has Thunderbolt now eh? Cool. I thought it might have an electric move if the Galvantula took it. So that's nice.

Also @Musashi, it's BW062 not BW061.

This all sort of reminded me of Dodongo's Cavern in Ocarina of Time. It seems to me TR was taking electrically charged rocks from Chargestone for whatever reason, and the Joltik and Galvantula ate/consumed the electricity stored in the rocks, much like how Gorons eat rocks. :p Then Ash has to save them from King Dodongo--I mean Team Rocket. Cute episode, and of course Crustle. :crush: I look forward to seeing it being used as a counter. :p Now I can only wonder if Pansage will ever evolve....

The Rocket trio was stealing the electric rocks so they can use it to make "a new kind of energy."

Like...electricity? *shrugs*

Maybe they're trying to send the message that electricity is evil and we should all just go green. :p

So, when we see them next, they'll be Team Solar?

Anyway, they keep talking about energy, like in BW005, BW036/39 and now they talk about a new kind of energy? Whatever they're planning here must lead up to something big. Maybe all their missions, capturing Pokemon, capturing the Kami Trio were plans for an even bigger plan.

Ah, I'm getting offtopic.

I found it to be cute when Pikachu and Minccino were playing with the Joltik. That's like Oshawott cute.

Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.

Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.

Hardly surprisingly given that quite a few of Mijumaru's appearances are not needed (Koaruhie episode, Arti's gym, etc).

Anyway, glad to see that Bel seemed to be a bit more competent and that we saw Koromori again.

Awww....now that's just cruel Jessie. Attacking a little baby Joltik....

...I mean I smashed dozens of them in the game, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT IN THE ANIME WHERE THEY'RE ADORABLE!

So Bianca is actually not that much of a dunce anymore, but she's still happy go lucky. This is interesting. So you can suck a pokemon's energy from inside a pokeball, also interesting to know. So we have Crustle finally, with more to come. We're back to the energy business again. Like everyone else, I hope this means they've got the TR plot on track again.

I know Bachuru are cute and fuzzy, but I didn't realize that they were so chubby as well-
67379143.jpg
Just look at how fat the one sitting on Chillarmy's tail is. No matter what they do, Bachuru will always look cute to me and now they've gotten even cuter in my eyes.

It's evolution time! Dent had the best reaction ever to his Ishizumai evolving, he was just so goddamn happy. I also loved it as it was something new from the usual "trainer stares in awe as their Pokémon starts changing it's appearance".

Last edited:
At first, Crustle intimidated me with its appearance in the games, but its anime self is full of win. And Joltik? Freaking adorable after seeing them here. I always liked Galvantula too.

When Ash fell into the pond after sliding down, he looked like he was ready to murder someone. XD Cilan also had the most novel reaction to a Pokemon's evolution.

Man, you know you're a fanboy when one character appearing is enough to rejuvenate your interest in a show. Bel always seems to brighten things up.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but scrolling through the screenshots over at filb, I freaking love anime Crustle. I mean, I thought he was cool before, but damn. That smug grin he gives to the terrified Woobat is awesome.

And so TR teaches us how Thunderstones are possibly made.

This episode was pretty good totally not because I unexpectedly got to fangirl over Araragi the whole time or anything, and the Bachuru are all chubby and cute ;_; Nice to see the Rockets using their Pokemon again! I always enjoy seeing Bel, too. Interesting that she taught her Chillarmy Thunderbolt. I was loling pretty hard when it switched from "OMG ROCKET DAN BATTLE" to "lol look at Pikachu and Chillarmy broing around with the cute little spiders".

"It's evolution time!!" never change Dento <3

I wanna Joltik plushie now...Awesome, Dwebble Evolved(It's done more than Pansage, about time the Development train got a Roggenrolloin')! Bianca? Brains? That's a improvement, but not enough for me.

Minccino should not know Thunderbolt. Period.

I, too, wonder if Chargestone(the hypothetical name, I guess for the electrically-charged rocks) is part of a TR plot(Still hoping for TP)?

Woobat has some of Jessie's personality, i.e., that it it willing to hurt anyone or anything for the sake of profit? I guess Trainers really do rub off on their Pokémon.

Overall:8.000001113345332/10, for
Good:
Evolution
TR mystery
CUUUUUTTTIIIE Joltik

Bad:
Bianca
Bianca's Minccino
Professor Juniper/Mystery assistant
All of these could have waited till the next episode, since Cilan's Town Map would have been a more story-practical lure then Bianca's XTransceiver.

Man, you know you're a fanboy when one character appearing is enough to rejuvenate your interest in a show. Bel always seems to brighten things up.

This. Just, This. Anyway, I loved this episode.

The Good

+ Bel. Not only was Bel super likeable and entertaining in this episode, I love that the writers have shown her becoming more sure of herself, more ressourceful and more self-relient. She's learning something on this journey of hers, she's being changed by it and while she's grown since her last appearance, she still has room to grow. She's getting more serious about training without osing the quirks that make her compelling and adorable. I didn't mind the throwing Satoshi into the water twice because it lead to some funny moments from Sato. Fiery Bel was awesome.

+ Dent. I liked his interactions with the other characters and with his pokémon, he had a wide range of funny dialogue and expression, he was entertaining. "It's evolution time!" and his fanboying over Iwaparesu were very endearing.

+ Satoshi. His reactions were priceless

+ Iris. Good chemistry with Satoshi and Dent at the beginning of the episode, funny reactions, she participated in solving the problem, she felt concerned for Satoshi and Bel, and overall, she was likeable and engaging in this episode. Unlike other Bel episodes, it didn't feel like Iris was the odd man out with Sato/Bel/Dent feeling like a genuine trio of friends, this time, the writers were smart to split them up in pairs cause it didn't make anyone feel left out.

+ The gang's pokémon. Pikachu, Maggyo and Emonga drained were hilarious. I ain't mad at the writers for Mijumaru's appearance here. Gratuitous, yes, but at least, it's a personality, it's memorable and I'll take that over blandness any day. Doryuuzu feeling smug after tearing down a web and just looking like he just don't care as Satoshi go off a cliff made me smile. Ishizumai showing determination was really endearing, and I loved the swagger it got when it evolved. It came a long way from its debut episode. The standout in the episode for me was Chillarmy. Great personality, funny moments, flames made it look badass and I liked the attitude.

+ Team Rocket Pokémon. Wish we could have seen more of them, especially Desumaswho?, but for both of them it's been a long time since we've seen them (around 30 episodes for Desumasu and 15 for Koromori) and I liked that the bat actually looked like a bit of a threat.

The Lukewarn

- CotD. Joy was personable and bit funny, but Araragi's assistant was a tad generic and didn't really mesh with the comedic nature of the episode.

- Team Rocket. They were okay, but like the assistant, I wish we'd seen more personality from them.

Overall, this is definitely one of the better Best Wishes episodes.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom