• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW063: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so Dento evolves his Dwebble? And there seems to be a tag battle too? Well, that's certainly more interesting than just a Trade Evolution, my hat off to that.

Where have you been this past week, haven't you seen the preview of the episodes in January, Dwebble evolves in the Joltik/Galvantula episode.

It's kind of a shame Boldore get's knocked out, but I'm not really surprised...it's a tank.

What's up with Cilan's Dweeble/Crustle? Has than thing lost a battle yet? It KO's both of the Pokemon. Seems like Ash is the dead weight on this team.

Oh, and Bianca loses another battle.

Well Ash does get more battles and win, so it's sort of fair that Cilan does better in this battle and Boldore did win in the gym, so it's alright if it loses here.

Bianca losing here, could mean that she switches back and does more training with her newly evolved Pokemon after this episode. At leas she's had some wins, well, at not on screen though

Seems like Ash is the dead weight on this team.

I'm kinda wondering if they're doing that to set up an episode where Satoshi will trade Boldore, but then get it back.

Oh, and Bianca loses another battle.

Again, that could be used to set up a re-trade.

I'm kinda wondering if they're doing that to set up an episode where Satoshi will trade Boldore, but then get it back.

That wouldn't be bad, but here it just seems like they're having it lose just to show the power of the newly evolved Crustle..given that Boldore evolves and takes out Excadrill a couple of episodes prior.

Tbh, I would have rather had Bianca, and the Prof. win this battle. But, if Ash and Cilan had to win..I would have liked to see each Pokemon take out one, not having Crustle take out both by itself. Just personal preference, I guess.

Last edited:
2 new scans:
wwwdotuporg2409801.jpg

wwwdotuporg2409802.jpg
Satoshi and Dent have asked Prof. Araragi and Bel for a Tag Battle!!
Satoshi: OK! I won't lose!!
Bel: Please! Chevargo!!
Satoshi: Gantle! "Rock Blast"!!
Dent: Iwapress!! "Rockslide"!!
[] Come attack me!!
Bel: Aw!! I was attacked by 2 techniques at the same time!!
Araragi: Then, let's combine our strengths this side too!!
Bel: R-Right!!
"Double Destruction Beam"!!
Satoshi: Gantle!!
Araragi: Only one left!!
Araragi: One more time, "Double Destruction Beam"!!
Dent: Iwapress!! "Shell Break"!!
Dent: From there, use "Boulder Cannon"!!
Iwapress: IWAAH!!
Bel: You may have lost the Tag Battle, but Chevargo! You did well!
Araragi: Agilder, thanks for your help!
Satoshi: Let's Tag Battle again!
[] Continued in March!!

Aww, just lookit dat widdle face. Iwapalace is actually just as adorable as Ishizumai was imo.
I'm also really glad that we get to see what he looks like out of his shell as his evolved form. And that he's actually using the slab as a weapon! Awesome stuff.

I'm quite excited for this one despite Bel losing. Though Gantle is taking the hit here, I'm glad to see that it's being used after its evolution and Iwaparesu looks impressive.

Satoshi: Let's Tag Battle again!
[] Continued in March!!

Re-match? :D

It's referring to the magazine.

Damn xD

I would be happy if this did lead to a rematch though, where Bel has Agilder and shows that she's a lot more in synch with her original Pokémon as opossed to the traded one.

Where have you been this past week, haven't you seen the preview of the episodes in January, Dwebble evolves in the Joltik/Galvantula episode.

Oh, I didn't see that... I was busily studying, actually. But that makes more sense, now. (Not that he evolved in that episode, that he didn't in this one.)

Great to see Gantle battling so soon after evolving, since Kurumayu got screwed over thank God for no starter Pokemon ^^; Bel continues to be the punching bag. Iwaparesu looks fast as heck, which shouldn't really be the case given it's size.
Glad to see a battle won via Type advantage ^^

Bel losing again, hahaha
It is a shame because she has a awesome Poké.

And Iwapalace is pretty cute ^^

Aww, just lookit dat widdle face. Iwapalace is actually just as adorable as Ishizumai was imo.
I'm also really glad that we get to see what he looks like out of his shell as his evolved form. And that he's actually using the slab as a weapon! Awesome stuff.

Slab? The shell?

Actually he's just using a different rock created from Rock Wrecker.

That why is he nekkid?

Crustle used Shell Smash to escape being hit by the Hyper Beam.

And besides, considering how much that thing means to Crustle, would it really want to use its shell as a weapon?

...Speaking of which, something confuses me...if Dwebble's shell is not an actual part of their body...does that mean Crustle's shell is also not part of their body? Because the rock of Dwebble evolved with it as well....

Wow, is that what Crustle really looks like without its rock slab? I was under the assumption that the pokemon was much bigger than that since it was able to carry a rock of that size.

Anyways, I am glad Boldore is being used in this battle, even if the pokemon does lose very quickly. I was actually worried that Oshawott, Tepig, or Pikachu might have been used instead. Since Boldore did get some spotlight during the gym battle against Clay, I don't mind the pokemon stepping back and letting Cilan's Crustle handle it from here.

But even so, Boldore is using a third new attack over the course of three episodes? First it was that ground-type move that it used against Clay before it evolved, then it learns Rock Smash after evolving into Boldore, and finally it is using Rock Blast in this episode. This is on top of Sandstorm, Stone Edge, Tackle, and Flash Cannon. That's seven moves for a pokemon that barely got any screentime in BW so far.

Adding insult to injury, Cilan's Crustle is also using yet another new attack in a short amount of time. When it was caught as a Dwebble, the pokemon had access to Protect, Slash, X-Scissor, and Shell Smash. It later used Rock Slide against Trip's Gurdurr, and now as a Crustle the pokemon gets access to a sixth move. Let's hope one of Cilan's pokemon learns a new attack on-screen this time. Otherwise, it would be yet another victory on Cilan's shoulders.

The writers are really giving these "extraneous" pokemon a variety of attacks to use so quickly after they were given more screentime, so it is surprising how unwilling they are to do this for the more prominent pokemon belonging to the members of the main cast (starters, Axew, Emolga, etc.)

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping this comes up as a plot point in the future. >.>

That be interesting, I suppose.

Lul, Shell Smash ------> Attack, just seems like an automatic GG now. I do hope when the episode comes around Boldore contributes more to the fight, considering this is suppose to be a Tag battle. I like seeing Pokemon work together to win a Tag battle, not one Pokemon doing all the work...ala Paul's Torterra.

Last edited:
I am starting to think Bianca losing every single battle is an on-screen gag now.

Have we EVER seen a character this helpless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom