• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW063: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to think Bianca losing every single battle is an on-screen gag now.

I hope this leads to her winning the Unova league or something. Right now it's quite annoying to see her losing every on-screen battle she's been in.

Ash seemigly being the punching-bag of the trio in the period of time between gyms is irksome as well.

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping this comes up as a plot point in the future. >.>

That;s what I was thinking, ever since all off Chilli's losses became significant I've been looking out for all sorts of patterns

Bel winning the Unova league would disgrace best wishes.
I see her as a dumber female version of Jun.

I'd rather see Langley or Kenyan winning the league.

Okay, enough of that. If you wish to continue discussion on Bel's worth to Best Wishes and overall character, refer here. Need I remind you there was another in-thread warning (given by Hellion here) on this very subject? Last warning call, people.

Anyways, I am glad Boldore is being used in this battle, even if the pokemon does lose very quickly.

I'm hoping this episode sets up that Boldore and Satoshi might not be a good match which would lead to a trade, but then Satoshi would value friendship more and re-trade to get his pokémon back.

Otherwise, it would be yet another victory on Cilan's shoulders.

"yet another victory"? This will be its fourth victory in trainer battles in BW against 3 losses. It's not exactly like they're piling wins on him or giving him a totally unbalanced battling recond.

Interesting. Does that mean they will not trade these pokemon?

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm guessing that Bel will earn Chevargo's respect and friendship through the battle, and therefore learn to better connect with her pokémon. If that happens, then what does it matter if she wins or loses, she'll still have gotten something out of it and so will we. :)

I'm hoping this episode sets up that Boldore and Satoshi might not be a good match which would lead to a trade, but then Satoshi would value friendship more and re-trade to get his pokémon back.

If they really were going that route, which I doubt, they should have had it lose and cost Ash the match against Clay IMO. Not evolve, and take out a Pokemon Clay has apparently raised since he was a kid.

Here it kinda seems like Boldore is just jobbing to show off the power of Crustle. I think that could have been done without making someone with 5 badges look like dead weight, given they win the battle anyway.

Last edited:
2 new scans:
wwwdotuporg2409801.jpg

wwwdotuporg2409802.jpg
Okey, I know how some people gone all Clian that & That !
But writer shouldn't get this carried away to Show Cilan better !
I mean, Look at this scan,Ash's Bolder getting his butt kick while Clian's Cerste taking the Victory
I don't wait a whole weak to see how cool Clian Battle !
Plus, Shouldn't its time Clian Cerstle have its first defect !
I mean Tell me, When the first time Cerstle got defected huh ? Even Ash's all Unova pokemon atleast has one defect !
They are favouring Clian's Cerstle way too much !
Unless they are planing for Ash & Clian to trade there Boldore & Cerstle !

Okey, I know how some people gone all Clian that & That !
But writer shouldn't get this carried away to Show Cilan better !
I mean, Look at this scan,Ash's Bolder getting his butt kick while Clian's Cerste taking the Victory

I don't wait a whole weak to see how cool Clian Battle !
Plus, Shouldn't its time Clian Cerstle have its first defect !
I mean Tell me, When the first time Cerstle got defected huh ? Even Ash's all Unova pokemon atleast has one defect !
They are favouring Clian's Cerstle way too much !
Unless they are planing for Ash & Clian to trade there Boldore & Cerstle !

This scan doesn't mean that the episode will go the same way.

looks like a pretty interesting episode! Hopefully Bel gets a little more focused on her battle skills! Love B! Arragi is probably investigating how the evolution works!

And again Cilan is the star in a double battle with Ash! It's a little stupid that Ash defeated Cilan so easily in the gym ! but okay just hoping for some good animation

This scan doesn't mean that the episode will go the same way.

IIRC, with all the battles so far that I remember having a scan in BW ( Arti, Langley, and the Subway Masters) things have pretty much gone exactly the same way.

Boldore is lame, Crustle is awesome. That's enough of a reason to be content with Ash failing and Cilan winning in my book.

Also, Boldore losing means that this is technically Bel's first win against Ash/anyone on screen, which makes it even less of an issue for me. Yeah, it's a double battle, but beggars can't be choosers!

Part of me hopes this isn't going to be a scenario of "character trades a Pokemon, then misses it and wants a trade-back" because that's yet another thing Kanto did and goddammit DP just proved that trading isn't a BAD thing all the time. I sorta thought Shelmet/Escavalier wasn't really something that matched Bianca well anyway, ever since I found out she owned one. The speedy one, whose name I forget now because I forget every Gen V Pokemon's name once the Japanese names are used all the time, I think that one would suit her better anyway. Coming from a totally shallow perspective, that is.

God it would be awesome if Ash traded his assface away because I still don't think he can maintain competence over tank-like Pokemon. But they'd never be that merciful, would they?

And yeah, I'm all for Cilan winning here, especially if it's against assface and technically gives Bianca a win she direly needs.

Part of me hopes this isn't going to be a scenario of "character trades a Pokemon, then misses it and wants a trade-back" because that's yet another thing Kanto did and goddammit DP just proved that trading isn't a BAD thing all the time.

It is possible that Bianca might keep Escavalier in the end considering that she cared about its wellbeing and cheered the pokemon up after they lost against Cilan's Crustle, despite being unable to control the pokemon at first.

Also, Boldore losing means that this is technically Bel's first win against Ash/anyone on screen, which makes it even less of an issue for me. Yeah, it's a double battle, but beggars can't be choosers!

True, but this was a victory that could have only been made possible if Bianca and Professor Juniper decided to trade their pokemon in the first place. If Bianca refused to trade her pokemon over to Juniper, neither pokemon would have evolved and they would not have been able to learn the Hyper Beams that they used to defeat Ash's Boldore.

This was also a strategy that Professor Juniper herself came up with, while she acknowledged that they only had ownership of those two pokemon briefly. Bianca appeared to be confused of what to do next and unsure of herself before the battle began.

Nice to see Iwapress and Gantle battling so quickly after their evolutions. But why does Bel have to lose yet again! :-(

As so Ash solidifies his role in this series as the biggest loser. Apparently for every win they throw Ash, even if it's just a mandatory gym battle (of which the gym leaders are required to go easy on the trainer), he has to be kicked in the face two or three times to balance the books.

Cilan getting a Crustle sounds delightfully sexy though, and Bianca apparently gets a legit on-screen win, so it won't be all bad.

I do have to ask though, why is there so much hate for Boldore? Who's children's orphanage does everyone think he burned down? I'm PRETTY sure he can't learn fire-type attacks...

As so Ash solidifies his role in this series as the biggest loser.

It's sad that Ash has to be the butt-monkey of this particular trio. I don't care if people thing Boldore is lame, making Ash look like a joke in a tag battle...where he has alot of experience is kinda lame.

I really don't even count this as a "win" for Bianca either. Since she loses the overall battle, and it is therefore considered a loss.

Last edited:
I do kinda find it odd Ash would lose here with the same pokemon that defeat's Clay's strongest right in the previous episode.

I guess they just want to show off Cilan's Pokemon more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom