• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW064: The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!

Please get back to the topic of the episode, guys. We don't need to discuss Team Plasma in episodes where they are not relevant at all.

The CG boulder in an otherwise beautifuly animated episode is symbolism: the boulder represents the rampant use of CGI, and the characters are regular animation. The use of CGI wa threatening the regular animation. Thus, in order to survive, they had to think creatively.

Edit: Also, Ash totally slammed his head into the wall. Nice touch!

Last edited:
Ampharos King said:
If the Dark Stone has been featured in the anime

The orb that Araragi-Hakase is running around with in the second half of the episode is called "The Golden Dark Stone."

Exploring ancient ruins and chambers would make any episode like this one bound to be fun - and it was.

The image of dead Ash and Pikachu was amusing and so was bondage Iris :D.

As someone who likes spotting the small things in a show I just found this funny:

When the group jumped down the hole Yanapp made to escape the boulder and when they're knocked to the ground by Symboler's Psybeam both times Dent is on the ground with one leg sticking in the air and both times he just stays there while Iris, Satoshi and Paparagi manage to get up straight after.

115rbr.jpg

378gf.jpg
I found the second time especially funny because everyone except for Dent is on their feet in that scene.

Looks like Cedric Juniper has a case of Youngbloods Disease like with Brock and his folks. (Guess where I got that from?)

I think the previous ep was better and next one seems better too, but it was ok... I think it's one of these eps that would probably get better when watched in English and knowing exactly all what they're saying there
I wish Reshiram would get half the love Zekrom get... Zek's movie version is apparently the "main" version of the movie, Zek appeared in the first ep and now got this ep too... I guess Reshiram will get similar eps later, but so far it seems like Zek is favored over Reshi (which also seem to be the case among fans... I prefer Reshi, but I think Zek is the more popular one)

WHY were they running from 1 pokemon when they had 11! Not counting Pikachu.

Cedric was a tad boring.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom