• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW064: The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
The Black Hero's Ruins! Symboler and Desukarn!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation director - Tatsuya Annoura

Upon meeting Professor Araragi's dad, Satoshi, Dent, and Iris accompany him to a ruins where where The Legendary Pokemon, Zekrom, is said to have communicated with heroes.

I thought this was a fantastic episode. It's one of those great "adventure episodes" we don't really get much of these days, and this episode made me miss them like crazy. Araragi-Hakase was a great character who I hope we get to see again in the future, and I loved how both Dent and Iris got to participate in this episode.

Now that I know that the made up language in this show is actually translatable, I'm anxious to take a closer look at Araragi-Hakase's notebook to see what he wrote. Maybe we can then figure out a "BW Tajirian -> ancient language" key? [/linguistics nerd]

Dead Satoshi and Pikachu were also a highlight for me.

Finally, what's with them ending all the episodes on a cliffhanger? I'm not complaining or anything, but it's unusual because they've been doing it for several weeks now.

PAPARAGI

Idk, this episode seemed HELLA rushed to me. So much happened in such a short period of time. Not that it deserved more than one episode by any means, just the pacing seemed ridiculously rushed. It looked a lot lulzier in the preview, too, it kind of reminded me of those comedy films where they show all the funniest parts in the preview.

Especially the beginning, I'm assuming Araragi hasn't seen her Papa in a while and they were just like "lol okay bye then" I just expected more? She seemed so legit annoyed/embarrassed by him in general anyway XD But overall, this was a fun episode to watch. Glad Iris and Dento got to do something, too. Very entertaining to watch.

Paparagi was such a free spirit though omg he is trolldad and I loved it. I really hope he appears again. THEIR ~ADVENTURES~ WITH PAPARAGI THOUGH

The cliff hanger at the end..eh, whatever.

I have not watched it yet, but I saw on Bulbapedia that almost all of the groups pokemon were shown in flashbacks including many other, what is with that? Also yay for Stunfisk, I hope he had a good appearence

I think it was sort of one of those "life flashing before your eyes" things. Though I've also heard "their memories will save them". One of those. And Stunfisk saved them from a trap. The trap Pokemon saving them from a trap. :p

I liked dead Ash, too. It looks totally like something a deranged fan would do, and I'm totally going to link to people out of context. Also, some nightmare fuel for the fact that being inside Cofagrigus turns you into a mummy. I was like "They didn't just do that." to them falling and the clip show. It's been a long time since the anime has done that, though.

Satoshi and his friends are told that in the legend, the hero was saved by becoming one with his pokemon. When they fall at the end of the episode, they think back to all the pokemon they've met and how they've bonded with them. That's where the flashback clips come in.

The "remember that you like pokemon" thing works, and Satoshi and his friends are saved at the last second.

This is further proof that all of Unova Pokemon are CUNTS.

But I really loved this episode. Wacky fun! Iris and Paparagi made me laugh especially!

Just a reminder, asking for links to watch Pokemon illegally is disallowed on the forums.

It was an ok episode for me, not bad at all though.

The Good

+ It's Adventure Time! I liked the feeling of adventure and discovery that the main cast had in this episode. It was fun to see them all so into it and wanting to explore the ruins, and have to figure out ways to make it out alive. They did a good job showing off the two pokémon and making them fit into the mood they wanted to create.

+ Dent and Paparagi. They were the funniest characters in this episode, and Dent looking embarassed always makes me smile because of how he's adorkable while he's embarrassed at someone.

+ Dead Ash. Cause of the lols

The Bad

- Pacing. The entire episode felt rushed and the "Paparagi springs a trap/call out a pokémon/take care of the trap" formula got a tad repetitive.

- Deceptive Preview. I thought the preview kinda showed too much, i.e. pretty much all the funny moments, and so the effect of a lot of those gags felt subdued because we'd seen them before. The preview also made this episode seem funnier than it was.

None the less, a good episode.

Yay for Mirror Move FINALLY being used in the anime!

Iris sure makes a good bondage bottommummy!

Dead Ash was meh...

Indiana Jones references FTW!

Stunfisk is the Trap Pokémon Master of traps!

Krokorok cliffhanger...Getto da ze!

James's Yamask needs to evolve to be as badass as these Cofagrigus!!!

Cilan was meh...Cilan(DIE!)

Cedric Juniper...Was he even a professor in this canon? I think he needs an episode to explain more about him.

Professor Juniper has Daddy issues...must see more effects of this...

Overall-9.01010101223458995/10 for a reason to like Professor Juniper, Mirror Move, Iris Bondage, Indiana Jones references, Stunfisk focus and Sunglasses Krokorok cliffhanger, but meh Cilan, meh Paparagi, and meh Ash.

So let me be the first to say the Ash to Ash, Dust to Dust line, because I thought it'd be amusing considering what a literal bonehead he is.

Considering the episode was talking about Zekrom and heroes it would have been an excellent opportunity to debut N. O well .

This episode reminded me way too much of the Pokelantis ep from Battle Frontier. I was half expecting Ash to get possessed and turn evil again.

No Plasma!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I'm sure we'll eventually get Team Plasma.... maybe later, just like Team Galactic.... I hope......

Considering the episode was talking about Zekrom and heroes it would have been an excellent opportunity to debut N. O well .

I'm really starting to think that the writers are trying to troll us about Team Plasma and the Unova legends, it's like they are deliberately ignoring the plot of the games completely just to troll us...

I'm really starting to think that the writers are trying to troll us about Team Plasma and the Unova legends, it's like they are deliberately ignoring the plot of the games completely just to troll us...

The writers have "deliberately ignored the plot of the games" since the original series; there was never a team in the main series video games whose actions and plotlines have been duplicated in the anime. Logically speaking, there would be no reason to watch the anime if it played out exactly the same way as the games. Viewership of the anime is able to stay at the level that it has been for the past decade because the plotline of the anime episodes aren't exactly the same as the plotline of the games.

Nevertheless, there is still hope that the legendary pokemon plot will be handled at some point during the series. The Dark Stone, the key item that is tied with the legendary pokemon Zekrom in the BW games, was featured in this episode. The only difference between the item in the games and the item in the anime is that Zekrom is not sealed inside the stone in the anime. The Black Hero merely used the stone to summon Zekrom to him.

If the Dark Stone has been featured in the anime, chances are that the Light Stone and Reshiram will also be mentioned at some point in the future.

No Plasma!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I'm sure we'll eventually get Team Plasma.... maybe later, just like Team Galactic.... I hope......

Oh I'm not too concerned over Team Plasma. N was introduced in the games before the player knew he was in Plasma. I think they should do the same for the anime atleast (even if the storylines are very different).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom