• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW065: Double Battle! Pikachu and Waruvile VS Pendror and Gamageroge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know its a shame Ash didn't capture this Pokemon way back in early BW. It had a GREAT personality, far better than the useless bug and bird, and would have livened up Ash's team back then. Its almost as if the writers originally didn't plan for Ash to capture it, but suddenly changed their minds for some reason.

Fun Fact: This will be Ash's second dark type in the series, first being Scraggy.

Fun Fact #2: Ash now has so many damn ground pokemon that he could literally make his own team out of them.

How is that a fun fact... we already know. And I wouldn't call Swadloon and Tranquil useless especially since they're both evolving soon.

Just because they're evolving doesn't mean they're gonna have some more importance. It seems quite clear that they're evolving the pokemon with no personality now so they can have them out of the way for later when pokemon that actually mean something begin evolving. They'll have their use for one episode, and then get the same treatment they've had the rest of BW.

The point of them not showing a capture is kinda strange, because I feel like always in the past they'll show that. And especially now that we've had a case like Nyasu who just shadowed the group, where we now know that can happen not necessarily with a capture. My best guess is to take the ending over the preview and think that they're just not showing it but it will happen, but it does make you think it may just shadow them as a pokemon that is pretty much Satoshi's. It may come up in this episode that Waruvile has some goal it's looking to accomplish that Satoshi and friends can help it with, but not necessarily with it being captured.

P.S. When did the ability to automatically double quote start happening?

Last edited:
I like Ash capturing recurring pokemon though. Sometimes I still wonder why they didn't have Ash capture Spoink in Hoenn or that Hippopotas in early DP. Granted I knew Jigglypuff would never be captured. Here its done right.

Just because they're evolving doesn't mean they're gonna have some more importance. It seems quite clear that they're evolving the pokemon with no personality now so they can have them out of the way for later when pokemon that actually mean something begin evolving. They'll have their use for one episode, and then get the same treatment they've had the rest of BW.

The point of them not showing a capture is kinda strange, because I feel like always in the past they'll show that. And especially now that we've had a case like Nyasu who just shadowed the group, where we now know that can happen not necessarily with a capture. My best guess is to take the ending over the preview and think that they're just not showing it but it will happen, but it does make you think it may just shadow them as a pokemon that is pretty much Satoshi's. It may come up in this episode that Waruvile has some goal it's looking to accomplish that Satoshi and friends can help it with, but not necessarily with it being captured.

P.S. When did the ability to automatically double quote start happening?

They all have personalities, not out-standish ones, but personalities nonetheless.

Anyway, yeah, I think its weird that they aren't showing a capture, but, the episode could turn out differently, as the manga scans aren't always that accurate, when you compare it to the episodes themselves.

BW067-MagazineScan.png

@bluesun Can you please translate this?

It seems Krokorok will get it definitely go with Ash judging by this. But, I don't really know what is said.
Here it comes, Pikachu!! Use Iron Tail!!
You finished it off, Pikachu!!
Wait, Waruvile! You are lonely, aren't you?
If you want to you can come with us!!
OK! Let's set off for Fukiyose City!
Together with a new friend, Satoshi and friends' adventure ________
[Make sure to read _______-sensei's new Pokemon manga starting in the April issue of 2nd Years'!]
May be Ash not gonna Catch Krokorok.
May be It gonna travel with Ash & Co that same way Meowth did.

A Clip showed Krokorok nodding and Ash throwing a Pokeball at Krokorok. It's getting captured. End. Of. Story.

Smash Preview
- Pikachu uses Electro Ball.
- Krokorok uses Bite(?)
- Scolipede uses Poison Tail(?).
- Seismitoad uses Drain Punch(?).
- Flashback to Krokorok evolving.
- Krokorok in the forest area, nodding then turning around.
- Krokorok and Pikachu with Nick and nick giving a command.
- Pikachu uses Iron tail.
- Krokorok uses Stone Edge.

Last edited:
Why did they wait for it to happen this long, anyway?

Why did they wait for it to happen this long, anyway?

To build up its importance over time before getting caught? Who knows?

Capture aside, apart from Nick's silly choice of using Thunderbolt against Seismitoad, even though Ash has done that against two Pokemon in Best Wishes at least and that Nick is younger, I hope he wins.

Using Thunderbolt on a Ground Type? That's something a kid would only do.

I'm actually curious what strategy Nick would turn the battle around with.

Either way, it is weird that Ash catches a pokemon without bonding with it first or even challenging it to a battle. The Sunglasses Krokorok merely wants to follow Pikachu.

Either way, it is weird that Ash catches a pokemon without bonding with it first or even challenging it to a battle. The Sunglasses Krokorok merely wants to follow Pikachu.

They already had a bonding episode... he bonded with Satoshi in episode 20 and we can even say he bonded with him on the third episode, more in a Venipede, Cottonne kinda of way but in episode 20 it was a straight bonding episode between both of them, the Pikachu rivalry wasn't even in question at the time.

Using Thunderbolt on a Ground Type? That's something a kid would only do.

I'm actually curious what strategy Nick would turn the battle around with.

Yeah, but some kids might know better. Trip knew some stuff about Pokemon before he became a trainer. So it is a mistake regardless, but I still want him to win.

They sort of bonded in BW003 and especially BW020 and Ash will be battling it here. So I don't think its capture is that weird.

Something that's always kind of bugged me about this whole 'Krokorok following the gang' thing is that he does so due to viewing Pikachu as a rival. OK, fair enough. But...why does he even regard Pikachu in that way in the first place? Waaaay back in the croc's debut episode, Pikachu didn't even do anything. Hell, Miju did all the work in that one. Then when Sandile shows up a few episodes down the line, suddenly Pikachu is his worthy opponent for seemingly no reason? Where'd that come from?

I hope this episode can shed some light on the whole thing, because imo it's a pretty crappy excuse as things currently stand.

That is why I said since the begining that he isn't a "rival" per se of Pikachu, he admired Satoshi fromt he begining, Pikachu didn't do anything in that episode for Sandile to take note of him.

He is challenging Pikachu because he knows he is Satoshi partner and he wants Satoshi attention.

That is what people like me and a few others have been saying since episode 20, yes there are some random people that wanted Krokorok to be caugth because they just like its design but there are others who actually tried to make sense of the whole situation...

It even evolved thanks to Satoshi and Pikachu.

Last edited:
Something that's always kind of bugged me about this whole 'Krokorok following the gang' thing is that he does so due to viewing Pikachu as a rival. OK, fair enough. But...why does he even regard Pikachu in that way in the first place? Waaaay back in the croc's debut episode, Pikachu didn't even do anything. Hell, Miju did all the work in that one. Then when Sandile shows up a few episodes down the line, suddenly Pikachu is his worthy opponent for seemingly no reason? Where'd that come from?

I hope this episode can shed some light on the whole thing, because imo it's a pretty crappy excuse as things currently stand.

Maybe it did some offscreen spying and saw Pikachu battling and how close it is to Ash.

Ash throwing the Pokeball, for those who want proof.

ハトーボーのケンホロウへの進化はもうすぐ? そしてワルビルゲット? - YouTube

Smash Preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoVUY2BtkGs&context=C38ab309ADOEgsToPDskJV1m01WRnU76mHBTzEliuG

Despite the scan showing it gets caught in the beginning, like most thought, it looks like it will get capture in the end. Well it'll at least get captured in town.

@bluesun

Can you translate the videos please?

Last edited:
That is why I said since the begining that he isn't a "rival" per se of Pikachu, he admired Satoshi fromt he begining, Pikachu didn't do anything in that episode for Sandile to take note of him.

He is challenging Pikachu because he knows he is Satoshi partner and he wants Satoshi attention.

There was never a solid reason why the pokemon started to follow Ash and Pikachu. In BW003, the pokemon appeared to be the leader of a group of its own species and that it wanted to help out the pokemon that were living in the area. Both aspects of this pokemon's character were discarded as soon as the episode ended. Everything that the pokemon did from BW012 onward was directed at Pikachu, from attacking it to wanting to challenge it to battle.

This role was simply forced on the pokemon because it was featured in a previous episode and had a unique appearance that differentiated it from other members of its species, like other recurring pokemon in the past. Unlike the other cases, however, the pokemon's role as a recurring character was never built from the bottom up. There was no incentive for the pokemon to start following the main characters around like Jigglypuff or the Snubbull had by the time that its debut episode ended. The Sandile appeared to be "content" staying in the hot sand springs by the end of BW003.

Perhaps the pokemon does feel like it owes Ash for saving all of the pokemon back in BW003, and is simply attacking Pikachu in order to grab Ash's attention? We know that Krokorok owes Ash and Pikachu for helping it retrieve its sunglasses in BW020, but it still wouldn't explain why it stalked them back in BW012. Unless we get an explanation of this pokemon's motives in this episode, the entire character construct appears to be forced.

Other than BW020, Ash and the pokemon hardly bonded at all. Krokorok's rivalry against Pikachu appears to be one-sided, as Pikachu could hardly care less about wanting to compete with or trying to one-up this pokemon (unlike its previous rivalry against Paul's Electivire back in DP).

We don't know if he was the leader, he wanted to help his friends nothing else, was Roggenrola the leader of his pack too?

He is following him because he took a liking of him, he was impressed with him, he trusted him even asked him for help in episode 20, to me his constant challenges to Satoshi are a scream of catch me.

Well I'm not going to talk about episode 20 if you think they didn't bond sure, I'm sure I won't change your opinion.

Last edited:
So is Ash gonna catch that damn croc or not? Seriously speaking here, there are plenty of Ash's Pokemon who need more screentime, and if this croc isn't going to join, why bother so soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom