• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW065: Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!

Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

Good:GETTO DA ZE!!!! Krokorok's capture(finally!)! Let's hope he replaces Scraggy as Ash's main Dark-Type, so his future 2-team system is balanced!!!
Drain Punch FTW

Neutral=Cilan+Iris in this episode=no use

Bad-COTD=BOOOOORRRRIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Krokorok's retcon as following them is as bad as a Heinz Doofenshmirtz flashback.(both overly dramatic)
Krokorok needs a new move.
They still have not explained the sunglasses...
"Pre-evolved form of Zekrom"? Really? Now thousands of Japanese kids will try to evolve Pikachu into Zekrom...
Ash's Boldore lost Stone Edge for Krokorok's sake? ~_~
Capture took too many episodes...
Overall:3/10 for bad, overly dramatic retcon, bad jokes that mislead the target audience, Horrible COTDs, but a Capture(which still took too long)

Last edited:
Re: BW 065 "Double Battle! Pikachu & Waruvile VS Pendror & Gamageroge!!" Review Threa

BW really needs DP style battling back. Battles just don't have much excitement to them this gen. Sometimes I feel like they're just going through the motions.

The animation was atrocious, really! robotic movements, strange sequences.
But the storyline was cute. Waruvile being the reason the gear pokemon "broke", and all the other places was a good way to tie its story.

This episode really felt like a kiddified version of that Ditto episode back in late DP, since the main plotline of the episode involved Ash and co. teaching a COTD about pokemon attacks and type compatibility. Just like that Ditto episode, I believe that this episode should have been placed near the start of its respective series.

The execution of this episode was definitely hit-miss. Although it is nice to see the return of the Sunglasses Krokorok, one of this episode's major issues was that it forced two distinct plotlines to mesh together when both should have been handled separately. Nick's plotline, which also involved the titular battle of the episode, was cut short just so Ash and Pikachu could settle their feud against the Sunglasses Krokorok near the final moments of the episode. Consequently, this episode failed to establish any real connection between Ash and this pokemon that would justify the decision for the trainer to obtain it.

How was Krokorok caught, one might ask? Well, just as Krokorok was about to leave, Ash managed to change its mind when he asked the pokemon if it wanted to be caught. That's it. The writers spent up to four episodes trying to build up Pikachu and Krokorok's rivalry as an important subplot in this series, and they just ended everything with an abrupt capture near the end of the episode.

Still, "pre-evolved form of Zekrom" is probably the funniest thing from the series yet. XD

It wasn't as hilarious as Nick thinking that Pikachu is able to know Flamethrower, Solarbeam, or Aqua Jet. For a person who is supposedly fascinated by pokemon battle, one would think that he understands a thing or two about type dynamics.

Last edited:

That just made my episcore go down to 3/10 for further confusing little kids on game mechanics...The capture was the only good part of this episode...

A competent Ash battling his own Pikachu (who actually showed some personality) using a wild, unique-item'd recurring (and awesome) Pokemon who losts its temper randomly... those few minutes were something. Not to mention we got the capture finally. Too bad the simply terrible animation and the usual "help the little whining kids" scheme ruined everything.

Eitarou said:
I find it funny that Glenn sounds like he's 20-something years old despite being younger and shorter than Ash (I assume).

He's supposed to be, yeah. Someone (I think Satoshi) mentions how they're all too young to be Pokemon Trainers at some point.

I didn't like this episode to be honest.

The only part I found legit funny was Waruvile biting Pikachu out of nowhere, but generally the croc left me indifferent. He wasn't that funny or personable, in this episode and I kinda feel that it lost a whole of its appeal by being captured, especially given the state of Satoshi's team. He's the kind of character that I feel could have worked as a one-shot or two-shot, but as a cast member, I don't think it has enough personality to really stand out. The characters of the day weren't stellar, nor were the battles terribly interesting.

Overall, a meh capture of a meh pokémon in a meh episode.

It would have been awesome if the "retcon Waruvil into past episodes" thing wasn't a retcon at all. Like, wouldn't it be awesome if we could go back to those older episodes and, if we look really hard, be able to find Waruvil hidden in the background somewhere?

Done watching it. The episode was a bit dragged. One of the few BW episodes, which I didn't really enjoy. Waruvile capture was a long-awaited one and I did not expect this from the writers, after waiting for more than 60 episodes.

I just hope the writers somehow manage to balance screentime among Ash's Pokemon as best as they can with the addition of yet another capture.

I like the way how Ash stop Glenn from punching Nick.
But I wish Ash does that sort of thing with a older boy's !
Like a Boy getting bullied by a some delinquent until Ash show up and save him.
I guess there could be a episode about a town being builed by some delinquent who misuse their pokemon and at the end Ash stop them by beating their leader.
Kids would love episode like this but I don't think I can't expect episode like this from pokemon.
Well, Atleast Ash get to become a real mentor to small kids.
After all, Writer is totally against Ash being a real mentor specially toward his rival.

Anyone pissed off that Cilan said Nick would make a great trainer because he sucks. Anyone can fight at the level he was at even for kids and it took special training just to get there. So my episode rating is fucking sucks. I liked thane though. But little kids really?

I really liked this ep, one of the better BW eps to me!
Krokorok is awesome, always loved it in its previous appearances and I'm happy it's part of Ash's team now (though I'm NOT happy that Ash catches too much Poké that we barely ever see)
I'm shocked that no one in this thread (unless I somehow missed it?) said that they actually mentioned Saffron City in this ep, when they talked about Pikachu being from the Kanto Region and one of the kids said he was on vacation or something with his family in Saffron
Totally loves past references like these!

Did anyone notice the Doraemon thing going on in this episode?

Nick, Glen, and Thane (pronounced with an "s" sound) were basically Nobita (nerdy guy with glasses), Gian (local bully), and Suneo (rich kid).

Did anyone notice the Doraemon thing going on in this episode?

Nick, Glen, and Thane (pronounced with an "s" sound) were basically Nobita (nerdy guy with glasses), Gian (local bully), and Suneo (rich kid).

OH MY GOD! I can't believe I didn't notice it!

I for one am impressed by how so few people noticed this episode was just one huge Doraemon parody LOL

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom