• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview BW066: Afro GO! Buffron is NO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
New episode revealed.

「アフロでGO!バッフロンはNO!!」

499462926.jpg

Yay, afros!

Summary, courtesy of Elekible-Kid
" Pokabu and friends are separated from Satoshi in the land of Buffron. In order to blend in with the Buffron, Pokabu and co. wear Afros. How will they escape this pinch?"

Yay, a Tepig episode.

I bring another Sushi trans.

The group is attacked by the "Bash Buffalo" Pokémon Bouffalant (might be more than one). They manage to escape, but Iris and four Pokémon get separated from Ash and Co. Having realized that they've got lost in Bouffalant's habitat, Iris and the others [...].

Preview

[video=youtube;30HKvs1vd_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30HKvs1vd_A[/video]

Smash Preview

Smash Preview
- Oshawott and Tepig fight.
- Axew breaks it up.
- Two Bouffalant run down a grass plain.
- Zooms in on Ash scared.
- Pansage is in this episode. Cilan is holding him.
- Iris and the starters run away from two Bouffalant.
- Joy is standing and I think she gives out some more wigs.
- Scraggy has a green wig.
- Excadrill a Purple one.
- Emolga a Pink one.
- Tepig and Oshawott's other fight.
- Tepig uses Flamethrower.
- Oshawott uses Water Gun.
- Axew is knocked off.
- Axew sees a Bouffalant behind him and is scared.
- Axew is in a Bouffalant's hair and is scared as the Bouffalant runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jS2ob2JfvU&context=C38ab309ADOEgsToPDskJV1m01WRnU76mHBTzEliuG

Oh yeah, Pansage is in this episode. Cilan is holding him in the preview.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cybersai

Reaction score
Re: BW066: Bouffalant

Probably the ep where Tepig evolves at least, so its not a total filler. Given the spoilers of the opening seem to be happening rather quickly.

Otherwise I don't see why Bouffalant is getting another episode after we saw Adeku have one. Do we really need two eps per pokemon again?

Last edited:

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score

It is interesting how the summary mentions "Tepig and friends," when summaries of episodes just like this mention that "Pikachu and the other pokemon" get separated from their trainers. This is especially intriguing because Oshawott, a pokemon notoriously known for filling up the mascot role on a weekly basis, has also been separated from the main characters and his name isn't mentioned in the summary. Oshawott is simply included as part of "Tepig and co." here, despite having a more prominent role in previous episodes.

Does this mean that Pikachu does not get separated from the human characters? Why is Tepig being named as the head pokemon here when it took a supporting role in previous separation episodes? Furthermore, how did Tepig and Oshawott acquire artifical wigs in the middle of what we assume to be a natural environment?

Otherwise I don't see why Bouffalant is getting another episode after we saw Adeku have one. Do we really need two eps per pokemon again?

There can only be 140-something pokemon that are allowed to be featured in the Unova region. Since a great number of these pokemon are already owned by the main characters, there is already a limit as to the types of pokemon that can be featured in these episodes. Just like it had been the case in Kanto, there will be episodes that will feature pokemon that have already debuted in the anime. A member of the species may have been owned by an "important" character, but it does not mean that other members of the species cannot be featured in the wild in other episodes.

Furthermore, not every episode in this series needs to "debut" a pokemon that has yet to be seen in an episode. Recent episodes have more than compensated for the apparent lack of debuts in this episode, with BW059-060 debuting four pokemon, BW063 debuting three pokemon, and BW064 debuting two pokemon. BW062 and BW065 had also debuted one pokemon species each.

Last edited:

Bandit Keith

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Tepig & Friends?

I guess the writers finally realized that Oshawott is not Piplup 2.0!(No matter how cute it is!)

Tepig-Pignite=Chikorita-Bayleef

It's Evolution Time!!!!(for Tepig!!!!!)

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score

In order to blend in with the Buffron, Pokabu and co. wear Afros
Best episode ever.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
  • Staff

Oshawott, pink is so not your color.

Ishida

Reaction score

I better see Stunfisk wearing an Afro and Scraggy

Chosen of Mana

Under the Rainbow
Reaction score

Oshawott, pink is so not your color.

That picture's like "You sure I can't have that wig?" "Pff, yeah right. Finder's keepers!"

If Teps evolves this episode, I hope they somehow shoehorn in type effectiveness with Arm Thrust (dropping Ember plz). Also, the evolution should happen away from the humans, just to see Ash's face when he sees a big, round luchadore where his spit roast used to be.

Trainer Yusuf

Leopard Owner
Reaction score

I'm just gonna copypasta whatever I said on Serebii, because I am lazy like that P::

TY on Serebiiforums said:
Aww man, I was hoping for a rival centric episode P:. But then again we just got a Bel episode and going to have a new catch so it's understandable to have possible filler.

I have to say I love summary only talks about Pokabu like it was him who got all the screentime and attention and not Mijumaru or Tsutarja P:.

I also love how in the preview picture Mijumaru's afro looks suspiciously like Cabernet's ridicouls grape hair. His pose certainly doesn't help the matters :pP. That's right Cabby, even the Pokémon that shares his species with your starter mocks your hair P:.

Moe

Reaction score

I wonder if Ash still has these?
Hearthome_Collection_Pikachu.png

Sweenix

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score

omg, how do they possibly come up with titles like these, i mean it's just amazing /s

lolololol

anyways tepig will evolve

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score

So it looks like we're not getting a new episode on the 9th.

I'm guessing the title's a 電車でGO reference?

Last edited:

Itsuki

BURN ALL THE THINGS
Reaction score

Now all we need is Flint somehow.

alypkm

Reaction score

ORly...... the pokemon where Afros to hide them selves in the Bouffalant just WTF

Last edited:

Andre27

Reaction score

It would be awesome if ash calls for his Tauros and puts on an afro.

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score

Ahahahaha. How cute!

Maybe this is the last hurrah for Pokabu before he evolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.