• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW066: Afro GO! Buffron is NO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
New episode revealed.

「アフロでGO!バッフロンはNO!!」

499462926.jpg

Yay, afros!

Summary, courtesy of Elekible-Kid
" Pokabu and friends are separated from Satoshi in the land of Buffron. In order to blend in with the Buffron, Pokabu and co. wear Afros. How will they escape this pinch?"

Yay, a Tepig episode.

I bring another Sushi trans.

The group is attacked by the "Bash Buffalo" Pokémon Bouffalant (might be more than one). They manage to escape, but Iris and four Pokémon get separated from Ash and Co. Having realized that they've got lost in Bouffalant's habitat, Iris and the others [...].

Preview

[video=youtube;30HKvs1vd_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30HKvs1vd_A[/video]

Smash Preview

Smash Preview
- Oshawott and Tepig fight.
- Axew breaks it up.
- Two Bouffalant run down a grass plain.
- Zooms in on Ash scared.
- Pansage is in this episode. Cilan is holding him.
- Iris and the starters run away from two Bouffalant.
- Joy is standing and I think she gives out some more wigs.
- Scraggy has a green wig.
- Excadrill a Purple one.
- Emolga a Pink one.
- Tepig and Oshawott's other fight.
- Tepig uses Flamethrower.
- Oshawott uses Water Gun.
- Axew is knocked off.
- Axew sees a Bouffalant behind him and is scared.
- Axew is in a Bouffalant's hair and is scared as the Bouffalant runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jS2ob2JfvU&context=C38ab309ADOEgsToPDskJV1m01WRnU76mHBTzEliuG

Oh yeah, Pansage is in this episode. Cilan is holding him in the preview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW066: Bouffalant

Probably the ep where Tepig evolves at least, so its not a total filler. Given the spoilers of the opening seem to be happening rather quickly.

Otherwise I don't see why Bouffalant is getting another episode after we saw Adeku have one. Do we really need two eps per pokemon again?

Last edited:

It is interesting how the summary mentions "Tepig and friends," when summaries of episodes just like this mention that "Pikachu and the other pokemon" get separated from their trainers. This is especially intriguing because Oshawott, a pokemon notoriously known for filling up the mascot role on a weekly basis, has also been separated from the main characters and his name isn't mentioned in the summary. Oshawott is simply included as part of "Tepig and co." here, despite having a more prominent role in previous episodes.

Does this mean that Pikachu does not get separated from the human characters? Why is Tepig being named as the head pokemon here when it took a supporting role in previous separation episodes? Furthermore, how did Tepig and Oshawott acquire artifical wigs in the middle of what we assume to be a natural environment?

Otherwise I don't see why Bouffalant is getting another episode after we saw Adeku have one. Do we really need two eps per pokemon again?

There can only be 140-something pokemon that are allowed to be featured in the Unova region. Since a great number of these pokemon are already owned by the main characters, there is already a limit as to the types of pokemon that can be featured in these episodes. Just like it had been the case in Kanto, there will be episodes that will feature pokemon that have already debuted in the anime. A member of the species may have been owned by an "important" character, but it does not mean that other members of the species cannot be featured in the wild in other episodes.

Furthermore, not every episode in this series needs to "debut" a pokemon that has yet to be seen in an episode. Recent episodes have more than compensated for the apparent lack of debuts in this episode, with BW059-060 debuting four pokemon, BW063 debuting three pokemon, and BW064 debuting two pokemon. BW062 and BW065 had also debuted one pokemon species each.

Last edited:

Tepig & Friends?

I guess the writers finally realized that Oshawott is not Piplup 2.0!(No matter how cute it is!)

Tepig-Pignite=Chikorita-Bayleef

It's Evolution Time!!!!(for Tepig!!!!!)

In order to blend in with the Buffron, Pokabu and co. wear Afros
Best episode ever.

I better see Stunfisk wearing an Afro and Scraggy

Oshawott, pink is so not your color.

That picture's like "You sure I can't have that wig?" "Pff, yeah right. Finder's keepers!"

If Teps evolves this episode, I hope they somehow shoehorn in type effectiveness with Arm Thrust (dropping Ember plz). Also, the evolution should happen away from the humans, just to see Ash's face when he sees a big, round luchadore where his spit roast used to be.

I'm just gonna copypasta whatever I said on Serebii, because I am lazy like that P::

TY on Serebiiforums said:
Aww man, I was hoping for a rival centric episode P:. But then again we just got a Bel episode and going to have a new catch so it's understandable to have possible filler.

I have to say I love summary only talks about Pokabu like it was him who got all the screentime and attention and not Mijumaru or Tsutarja P:.

I also love how in the preview picture Mijumaru's afro looks suspiciously like Cabernet's ridicouls grape hair. His pose certainly doesn't help the matters :pP. That's right Cabby, even the Pokémon that shares his species with your starter mocks your hair P:.

omg, how do they possibly come up with titles like these, i mean it's just amazing /s

lolololol

anyways tepig will evolve

So it looks like we're not getting a new episode on the 9th.

I'm guessing the title's a 電車でGO reference?

Last edited:

Now all we need is Flint somehow.

ORly...... the pokemon where Afros to hide them selves in the Bouffalant just WTF

Last edited:

It would be awesome if ash calls for his Tauros and puts on an afro.

Ahahahaha. How cute!

Maybe this is the last hurrah for Pokabu before he evolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom