• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro Decisive Aerial Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call the following , Pikachu(Fall guy to Swoobat) and Scraggy(Defeats Swoobat, Loses to Swanna),Tranquill(Defeats Swanna and evolves against Unfezant(I'd still prefer it to fight against Trip's and evolve then...)learns Razor Wind/Facade/Air Slash/Sky Attack/Aerial Ace/Swagger/revealed to know Steel Wing/Hypnosis/Morning Sun, defeats him, Ash wins)

not surprised Ash using Tranquil vs Unfezent. Its an unwritten rule for Ash, 'oh fully evolved pokemon? I'll use mine who is from same family just because its better and stronger because it has heart!'. I wanna predict the pokemon to be used as: Tranquil, pikachu, and boldore.

One thing concerns me though, doesn't it seem like the summary is implying that Hatoboh v Kenhallow is the first match? If so, I could also see hatoboh evolving and winning, the croc winning against the bat and as much as I don't want it to, Pikachu finish off the swan.

That was the case with the summaries from the previous gym matches. BW050's summary merely talked about Ash using his Palpitoad to counter Elesa's electric-types, and had said nothing about his two other choices in that match. BW061's summary mentioned the pair-up between Oshawott and Clay's Krokorok, which was later revealed to be the first match in the battle. It is extremely likely that Ash's Tranquill VS Skyla's Unfezant will also be the first match.

Guess who's the animation director? HELL YEAH :D

Animation director: Masaaki Iwane[/B]

Seriosuly, I REALLY hope this trend with gym battles and Iwane as animation director will continue. Battles do indeed need that fluid animation to be enjoyable.

I really liked Falkner's and Winona's Gym battles in the anime, so I hope this flying Gym can be as good.

Swoobat vs. Krokorok -> Swanna vs. Krokorok -> Swanna vs. Pikachu -> Unfezant vs. Pikachu -> Unfezant vs. Tranquill (Unfezant)

I don't mind gym evolutions at all. As a matter of fact, always wondered why haven't they been used, it makes more sense than vs. RandomCotD #3694. If you take the event what triggers the actual evolution rather than the assumed full experience it is.
Also, Pikachu's appearance is hardly needed but I have a guess it's inevitable...

Here's hoping Pikachu sits out of this Gym, even if it may be unlikely.

I agree Krokorok and Tranquil should star evenly.

Guys and gals, her "MVP" is not Unfezant(SHOCKER!), it's Swanna. This is true in Pokémon Adventures(Most attacks revealed, last one used, most bragging about, Mode of non-plane transport) the games(strongest Pokémon,). and will be proven in the anime.

Just because of a Sereibii member's translation mentions a match between Ash's Tranquill and Skyla's Unfezant, they are both in the same evolutionary line, and this translation sounds like the Elesa match text, DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.

All the evidence points to Swanna as her signature Pokémon. And...

Everyone just expects it to be a paper jammed copy of the Winona match (that needs more toner)...

Well, we have no proof that this episode will bear any Winona-match links.

Odds are that Swanna will be her signature, and all this Unfezant focus is unneeded.

@Gliscor'd, Pikachu will be here(to show that type advantage, proper planning, and movepools are a load of **** in the anime), he'll just be the fall guy...and instead of Krokorok(who was just captured, and couldn't be used to Ash yet, for crying out loud!)...Here's Scraggy!(who will Pwn Swoobat, but lose to Unfezant) Then Tranquill will win the rest(and evolve in order to show off the gender differences/that females are better flyers)

Guys and gals, her "MVP" is not Unfezant(SHOCKER!), it's Swanna. This is true in Pokémon Adventures(Most attacks revealed, last one used, most bragging about, Mode of non-plane transport) the games(strongest Pokémon,). and will be proven in the anime.

However, there were several gym leaders in the BW anime whose final pokemon were different from those that appeared to be their most powerful ones in the games. Lenora's strongest pokemon was her Watchog in the games, yet it was defeated in battle before her Herdier in the anime. Elesa's strongest pokemon in the games was her Zebstrika, yet it was the first pokemon that she used in her battle against Ash in the anime. Therefore, the argument that a gym leader's "MVP" (or the last to be used pokemon) in the anime is always the same as their most powerful or high-levelled pokemon in the games is invalid.

Nevertheless, it is very possible that Swanna could be Skyla's most powerful and last to be used pokemon in the anime. The summary of this episode makes it seem like Ash's Tranquill VS Skyla's Unfezant will be the first pair-up in the gym battle, even though her Swoobat is always the first pokemon she sends out in the games. Swanna's image was also featured on a calendar/summary of BW067, alongside Bouffalant for BW066, which could mean that this is the main pokemon that the gym leader will use in that episode.

That calendar was just a bunch of random images, not a proof pipeline.

And I still say Swanna wil be her signature, regardless of whether or not it was her first, last, weakest or strongest, due to all other media pointing this way, and I'd think TCPI would want the consistency in that regard...

Here's hoping Pikachu sits out of this Gym, even if it may be unlikely.

I agree Krokorok and Tranquil should star evenly.

Or have Pikachu lose in the 1st or 2nd battle. Would be different if the show can pull the "type advantage" to the opponent's favor a little more often. Grab his tail and swing him in the air. rap him in tornadoes or just troll by Whirlwinding when you look like you got the disadvantage.

why do I got the feeling Pikachu will get beat up by Swanna/double advantage/?

Swoobat vs Scraggy - cause of the psychic attacks!
Pikachu vs Swanna - a possible draw!? Think here they will show of Skyla's strength!
Tranquill vs Unefazant - Possible draw again or win!

513234646.jpg
@bluesun
Episode summary.

What Sushi said about the summary for this episode.

The summary doesn't reveal any Pokémon or other information, besides the fact that Cilan's battle with Skyla in the previous episode hasn't changed her views in the slightest. The wording doesn't make it clear who won (or whether the battle was finished at all), though.

So Skyla's views are still the same, lets hope Ash turns her views on battling around once he wins.

So once again the writers are going for the resolution of Ash completely changing his opponent's views about battling after he wins the battle.

So once again the writers are going for the resolution of Ash completely changing his opponent's views about battling after he wins the battle.

The plot usually leads to some good episodes though. The Sanyou Gym battle against Cilan, the League battle against Shinji, Hassam v Heracros, and loads of others were really good, so I don't mind the writers recycling successful plots that much, especially not this one as it help define who Satoshi is as a character and makes the match that much more compelling and interesting than just competing for the badge to compete for the badge.

Ah! Shame Takegami never writes good battles, though.

Checked him out He mostly does filler I don't like. He was also the "pikachu the horn guy". So yeah I believe you. He was also the guy who gave DINO A DEERLING.

YAY! Cilan loses, Cilan loses, Cilan loses!

Crustle loses, Crustle loses, Crustle loses!!

Ash will beat that cocky b***h, and prove her wrong!!!!!!!!!!

And I hope Tranquill evolves...and Pikachu is the fall guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom